GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see where the man in blue goes by twice, can someone explain? As in once before he goes by with Jill?

My immediate gut reaction is that he is involved. He might not have intentionally gone out to harm her, but rejection angered him? IMO, he starts by trying to talk her up, flirt with her, she is creeped out by him and hopes by ignoring/stopping to text(or whatever it appeared she was doing) he will get the hint.

When she thinks he has left, she continues on, but he hasn't left, ust her left her line of sight.

A fair amount of time passed between the first time he is seen and when he is seen with Jill.

It looks like the man is bothering her and she makes a phone call to cause a distraction. She also looks wobbly obviously after being out drinking to that hour.

It has been said that she was not drunk - maybe the shoes and that feeling of fear made her wobbly if that is what you saw. Please let's not make accusations that she was inebriated when she is missing, it just seems wrong.

Thanks guys, I went back and see it now, I didn't pay attention to thee clothes the first time to notice.

I wish that freaking door frame wasn't in the way! (right where their faces are!)grrr

It has been said that she was not drunk - maybe the shoes and that feeling of fear made her wobbly if that is what you saw. Please let's not make accusations that she was inebriated when she is missing, it just seems wrong.

Also she would likely be tired and if she had been in those very high shoes for hours, probably all day, then regardless of the effects of alcohol, I am not surprised she is wobbly on her feet.

interesting to note she is carrying a big black bag! she looks to be dialling, or texting, would this be the time she called her brother? or she could have been pretending to ring as a defence mechanism?

They said this was at 1:41 am and she called her brother (which i assume has been verified by phone records) at 1:43 - maybe she was getting his number up or something (she did call to speak about her dad not to mention she was scared or in trouble) - it's only 2 minutes away.

Maybe it stopped further down or around the corner

Is that the same guy she stops and talks with? The first pic of a guy in blue....looks like a blue blazer, not a hoody. I'm probably wrong.....

You can see his face on the far left of the screen talking to her. Then he leaves, I think. Almost looks like she stopped him to ask him something....

Wow! Could this be the reason why she walked home a different way? To shake the guy off?

That video gave me the creeps. So many times I have been in that position too - using my phone as a deterrant when some creepy dude talked to/harrassed me when ive been out :(

Its just so awful that young women have to be on edge in their own neighbourhoods and have to be prepared to deal with dodgy horrible people.

Is that the same guy she stops and talks with? The first pic of a guy in blue....looks like a blue blazer, not a hoody. I'm probably wrong.....

Look at the stripe on his pants. Its the same.

the guy hovering by her, it'll be him ... I hope the one who looked back can offer police help

This guy is clearly the #1 suspect but if he did do it, where is she? Is it possible he had an accomplice with a car? It seems to me that he's being pretty opportunistic.

As for whether she is wobbly, it's fact that she was out for 5+ hours having a few drinks so more likely than not she was tipsy, and there is no shame in that. She doesn't look anywhere near being grossly intoxicated.

It looks like the man in blue hoody has identified her in a strategic way - walked towards her, loitered until she caught up, is giving a bit of a story - pointing at something further down the street ("I live close by" or "my car's parked nearby") like he's trying to chat her up, she's uncomfortable and feels targeted - she's handling her phone the way I do when I want to get away and get help. She sensed danger, she is reluctant to continue walking because she knows he is probably not going to give up - but she needs to go this way to get home. Awful thinking about what has potentially happened. He's clearly intended to get her to follow her somewhere (his body language is very much pretending to be offhand but actually trying to get her into space/location) most likely in vehicle. I just don't think she would have gone with him unless she was forced - especially since she was clearly wary of him. Awful awful business.

He is creepy actually and agree with others above that have been there too and taken different routes in the hope of shaking them off. This one will be solved now I really believe that! Way to go owner of bridal shop boutique for installing those cameras too!

A man in a blue jumper is seen coaxing a woman along the street.

In the footage the man with the blue top walks past the shopfront twice and another man looks back while walking past. "The man that looks back has obviously seen something. Something's caught his attention" - Insp Potter

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/tr...hen-she-was-gone/story-fnat7jnn-1226479708333

Yeah I agree, there had to be a reason he turned back to look as did she while talking to hoodie guy.

That video gave me the creeps. So many times I have been in that position too - using my phone as a deterrant when some creepy dude talked to/harrassed me when ive been out :(

Its just so awful that young women have to be on edge in their own neighbourhoods and have to be prepared to deal with dodgy horrible people.

Not just women. I've been attacked from behind in Melbourne. I'm now extremely cautious when out at night.

When we first see Jill she is looking back, maybe at a dress in the shop and maybe to avoid looking at the blue hoodie guy that is trying to attract her attention.

This guy is clearly the #1 suspect but if he did do it, where is she? Is it possible he had an accomplice with a car? It seems to me that he's being pretty opportunistic.

As for whether she is wobbly, it's fact that she was out for 5+ hours having a few drinks so more likely than not she was tipsy, and there is no shame in that. She doesn't look anywhere near being grossly intoxicated.

Speculating: No accomplice (very very rare) more likely he did what he did with her then returned with his car to that spot and took her away.

I agree ther is no shame in that, she is doing better than I could in those heels with no grog. I think your fear levels are reduced as is you reaction time when you are drinking.

Couple of questions from that CCTV footage:

The guy in the blue hoodie obviously went back towards Jill - did he know her?

Later, they are seen walking together - was he hassling her, or did she walk with him because she knew him?

After she paused to fiddle with her phone, and he walked on a few paces, why did she not simply turn around and walk back the way she had come? Why walk forward to where Blue Hoodie was waiting?

Could it have been somebody she knew, either from her work colleagues, or perhaps more likely, somebody from the neighbourhood - after all she lived there...?

The sequence of events sure raises a lot of questions. And the guy in the blue jacket who turns to look back - he has obviously noticed something going on. And he most definitely needs to come forward now that he has been plastered all over the media, even if he didn't have a good reason for being there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214