GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not getting that she has a phone to her ear. Her hands look to both be at chest level in 'stop' position like he has threatened her. She seems to looking right at him. What am I missing.

In defence of her husband:

Jill and Tom's house has CCTV. Jill wasn't seen coming home and Tom wasn't seen leaving until the time he said he went out to look for her.

"The Victoria Police have also entirely ruled out any suspicion of Jill Meagher's husband Tom, and declared he is not a person of interest in this ongoing investigation."
http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2012/09/27/3598861.htm

What more do you want?

VicPolice have contradicted themselves regarding CCTV at the Meagher's apartment building. Yesterday they said there was no cctv.

Some people have been saying - what if BH is innocent but hasn't come forward because he doesn't pay attention to the media?

There are posters of Jill EVERYWHERE around Brunswick (and Northcote, etc) - he might not have seen the CCTV footage but he could not have avoided seeing her face.

He might not have come forward because of an unrelated criminal charge - but he cannot be unaware that the woman he spoke to is missing and police are seeking any witnesses

Actually he could be totally oblivious even with posters about. Doesn't mean he has any memory of the person he spoke to as being Jill. He may not recall speaking to anyone either. All depends on what his eyesight is like, what state of mind he was in and so on.

Many factors could come into play right down to that the picture in the posters may not look like what she did on that night. Some people can look quite different from real life to a photo as well as look different from photo to photo.

I thought it was something too...

Then I watched it and kept pausing and at the end his hand is flat so IMO he cant be holding something. I think his hand is just moving too fast for the camera.

I don't see his hand as flat, and am I wrong but it looks like he has a white glove on?

I hope I am wrong and there was no gun.

:dunno:

Maybe she knew he had a weapon and agreed to go with him, but told him her brother was expecting a call from her, could she please call him so as not to arouse suspicion.

Then the "I'm worried, I'm worried" as a plea for help, but brother didn't understand.

This conversation could have already taken place once they were in the car, hence the male voices in the background.

I'd be suprised if he'd let her do that, but in the rape case with the Dutch girl, she managed to convince the offender to drive her home, so it's not totally impossible.

Surely the Police would point out an armed man? Hopefully its just light trickery or he has something innocuous in his hand. Great find though!

If the timing is correct, she then calls her brother a minute later (seemingly as she leans with her back on the window of the shop). Why would he let her? It's all so bizarre!!

What are your thoughts on whats in her hand. Mobile phone or a packet of cigarettes?

I don't think it's a packet of cigarettes, I think it's her phone or maybe her purse? She seems to be fumbling with whatever it is, but it looks too dark to be a packet of cigarettes MOO. I still think it is a gun.

A few years ago, I was being followed by a man, down a busy street in the middle of the day. I was very aware of him, he looked at me as I looked at him, I carried on walking, but faster, he picked up his pace also, I then went straight into a shopping centre, he followed me in as well, so I did a complete U-turn and walked straight out of the centre...as did he and I walked really fast up the street, again so did he, I went straight up to a group of men who standing in front of a shop and I said, I need to talk to you as I am being followed....as soon as he saw we me with the men and they were all looking at him, he literally ran off. I wish with all my heart that Jill had a chance for someone to help her. I still have hope for her.

Anyway, it's a fair question. The CCTV provides the answer in my view, as I stated in the other thread. She was definitely NOT grossly intoxicated. The shoes look like the only thing affecting her ability to walk*.

*I'm not blaming her choice of shoes for what happened.

The alcohol question is also a fair question if you are aware of the drink spiking that happens so often. It's all evidence, it helps to form an idea of, for example, how someone could be bundled into a car with little resistance and therefore helps LE to focus on possible suspects and scenarios.

Check nearmaps?

The Google Maps aerial photograph is from 2009. The building previously referred to has long since been completed.

NearMaps' latest images are from July 2012 - much more up-to-date.

I don't see his hand as flat, and am I wrong but it looks like he has a white glove on?

I thought that also....that he is wearing a glove. Whatever it is he is holding (I think it is a gun) came from his left side pocket, which he took out with his left hand and passed over to his right hand (it could be seen in the slowed down video, not the really slowed down video version, it's on here somewhere).

This is amazing.
Someone has zoomed in on the hoodie man's http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qywc5F_xWi0hand and it looks like he is waving a gun

Excellent work whoever did this. You couldn't see it clearly in the longer shot, it looked black but the shape wasn't clear. In this view it is pretty plain. In some of the earlier footage it looked like there was something on his left hand side down the stripe of the trackies (inside), and he held his hand in that pocket in another view.

Weren't there quite a few people and cars about? And no one noticed a man waving a gun around like that? I don't think it is a gun.

I took a screenshot of what I mean.

His hand is flat as in a 'wait there' type gesture IMO

Attachments

• flathand.jpg
    flathand.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 128
"If" it is a gun/knife (I can't see it myself), my guess is that she can't see it at that point and he just has it at the ready.

Something else I've been thinking about.. Maybe her brother called Tom after not being able to get back through to Jill, leading to Tom's calling from 2am?

That's what I'm thinking but it hasn't been reported. It would make perfect sense.

Excellent work whoever did this. You couldn't see it clearly in the longer shot, it looked black but the shape wasn't clear. In this view it is pretty plain. In some of the earlier footage it looked like there was something on his left hand side down the stripe of the trackies (inside), and he held his hand in that pocket in another view.

I am confused where you are getting that?

He is clearly wearing jeans and they have no stripe.

I thought that also....that he is wearing a glove. Whatever it is he is holding (I think it is a gun) came from his left side pocket, which he took out with his left hand and passed over to his right hand (it could be seen in the slowed down video, not the really slowed down video version, it's on here somewhere).

When I first saw footage I thought it was a phone or large key car, could only see it as something black in his hand. In the zoom it looks like a gun. Unlikely it's one of those silly fake guns that are a cigarette lighter. If you look at his arms in earlier footage he is walking as if there is something concealed inside a pocket.

Thank you for this, I said earlier in a previous post, that I thought that perhaps he was pointing a knife at her....now it clearly looks like a gun. :(

I agree, it surely looks like a gun in his hand, especially in the manner that he's positioned his hand.

That close-up video totally looks like a gun--like he flicked it at her. She has her phone in her hand, it looks like, and is texting or calling. I've seen that stance--I do that when I have my phone.

If you look at the clear CCTV, then, and the spot in which they first come into the picture together, you can see her recoil as he's interacting with her--and his right hand is touching her head. Maybe she was already abducted--and that was him brushing her neck/head with the gun. Then the later video with him pointing the gun at her is him reminding her of the weapon he has.

I must have missed all the intelligent things she's said.

If she was attacked, absolutely, that should be taken seriously regardless of who is attacked. If. If it did happen I'm stunned she didn't tweet about it that night.

I know nothing about the woman (fortunately) but this guy just said that he would take the story seriously, he did say she was stupid for not reporting it at the time, but also touched on the fact that physically and in colouring -brunette- she is similar to JM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95