GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are people everywhere and cars going by constantly almost....and nobody saw a guy waving a gun around?? All she had to do is pretend to trip in her high heels or step into the street. She made a phone call to her brother after this encounter! A kidnapper with a gun is going to allow that?? Really. :rolleyes:

I think it's a phone.

Maybe she said she needed to make a call and he offered his phone for her to use. Possibly as a way to continue the conversation and get closer to her.

I looked at the video and it's possible that the man has a gun in his hand. But I'm not positive.

There are people everywhere and cars going by constantly almost....and nobody saw a guy waving a gun around?? All she had to do is pretend to trip in her high heels or step into the street. She made a phone call to her brother after this encounter! A kidnapper with a gun is going to allow that?? Really. :rolleyes:

Also... Hadn't another person with white pants, black top and bag only just walked past them moments earlier . You would think they would still be in the vicinity at this point in time.

Thank you Gut Feeling - im already addicted - and its only been an hour!!!
Ill be speakin your language in a flash :bowdown::read::thumb:

Well... You are evidently already in command of the smilie emoticons... So you have passed with flying colors! :great:

Interesting Read about Social media and Jill's disappearance. Forums and Facebook and Twitter and fair trials.

There's a picture in the news which includes Websleuths Forum and a mention as well.

Jill Sparks Social media Manhunt

458723-jill-social-media.jpg

Read the article here.
http://www.news.com.au/technology/t...p-or-a-hindrance/story-e6frfro0-1226482373605

Thanks Possum! I didn't see what you were all talking about until you posted that picture.

I'm not really sold that it's a gun though. I suppose it's possible, but just highly unlikely. I mean, it isn't really all that common for people to own guns in Australia, unless they're involved in some very shady business. Not to mention the penalties for carrying a weapon (even a pocket knife), which you would think would be enough to stop BH waving it around on a busy street. The chances of him being seen with a gun were extremely high, lots of cars going by and quite a few people on foot, would he risk it?

Am still intrigued by BH's change in gait. The brisk walk at 0.03 in the clear cctv vid (with free arms) and the cautious walk at 0.58 with left hand in pocket. Could it be he walked north to be given a weapon by an accomplice having assessed Jill as a target and is walking carefully because of a concealed gun. Could the silver hatch have been waiting kerbside a bit further north or around in Hope street. (It drives south at 1.18 and appears to go north at 2.15 as discussed before. )
Just a thought.

I'm thinking she was abducted from Sydney rd, combine a busy road and lots of people around I'd think there was less chance of someone noticing an abduction. People would probably think it was just drunk people mucking around and not take any notice. If it happened in a quieter street theres more chance people would notice.

How many drinks a person has had doesn't mean much. I've had nights where I've had more than 10 drinks over 4 to 6 hours and been fine, other nights I've had two or three in the same amount of time and been quite intoxicated.

I also think BH had a gun, it looked like he was holding something in his left hand while it was in his pocket.

When I first saw footage I thought it was a phone or large key car, could only see it as something black in his hand. In the zoom it looks like a gun. Unlikely it's one of those silly fake guns that are a cigarette lighter. If you look at his arms in earlier footage he is walking as if there is something concealed inside a pocket.

I'm wondering why BH would be waving a gun around on a busy street. Chances of being spotted would be quite high.

Regarding the 'flat' hand. I think that is just a screen shot as he seemed to be waving his hand around a bit.

And why would he be walking in front of her? If you were about to grab someone, wouldn't you be behind the victim?

A silver hatch drives north at both of those times, tillysfarm.

Either they're two different cars or could be same car going around the block via Ovens St?

I'm wondering why BH would be waving a gun around on a busy street. Chances of being spotted would be quite high.

Regarding the 'flat' hand. I think that is just a screen shot as he seemed to be waving his hand around a bit.

And why would he be walking in front of her? If you were about to grab someone, wouldn't you be behind the victim?

That is my main question...you don't say "follow me, please" as you are abducting someone and turn your back on them, which is what it looked like to me. Not to say he did not grab her elsewhere, but not in this frame and I do not believe it is a gun in his hand.

Yes....

Re the story this morning about a witness claiming there's footage of BH "running after her" does anyone know how that's meant to fit in to the timeline? Would it be before or after their chat?

I'm thinking she was abducted from Sydney rd, combine a busy road and lots of people around I'd think there was less chance of someone noticing an abduction. People would probably think it was just drunk people mucking around and not take any notice. If it happened in a quieter street theres more chance people would notice.

This is a good point.

I remember being out in the city one night, and from the balcony of the restaurant I saw what looked like a man dragging a woman down the street. I watched for a while, saw that no one was doing anything about it, and ended up running down to check whether she was ok for myself. Turns out she was just really drunk and he was actually her boyfriend (I went to get her some water and ended up sitting with them for a while until I was sure she was going to be fine and she could confirm she actually knew him), but it just goes to show how little people notice when it's late and there's a lot going on.

A lot of the time people don't want to get involved, whether for fear of their own safety, or because they believe someone else will step in. The more people around, the greater this effect is, because people feel a diminished sense of responsibility when there are plenty of others around to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95