GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is my main question...you don't say "follow me, please" as you are abducting someone and turn your back on them, which is what it looked like to me. Not to say he did not grab her elsewhere, but not in this frame and I do not believe it is a gun in his hand.

No. But going back to the ' you're being followed, I'll help you' possible scenario, he could have told her he would walk ahead to make sure she was safe. And then just waited until he was in a more secluded spot, signalled his accomplice and turned around.

JMO

Re the story this morning about a witness claiming there's footage of BH "running after her" does anyone know how that's meant to fit in to the timeline? Would it be before or after their chat?

I believe it is after.

No. But going back to the ' you're being followed, I'll help you' possible scenario, he could have told her he would walk ahead to make sure she was safe. And then just waited until he was in a more secluded spot, signalled his accomplice and turned around.

JMO

I still think that scenario makes the most sense. It explains the beckoning and the way she turns to look behind her for ages. Also if he'd flashed her a gun you'd think she'd be in a total panic during the phone call, tearing up etc.

Maybe he tried that tact at the beginning and when it didn't work out, that's when he flashed a weapon, and she went quietly? At this point it's really not looking like she made it any further down Sydney Street, so she must have ended up in the car.

JMO too!

I can see what you mean but I can't imagine an attacker allowing her to make a call to her brother, which happened after this incident, nor can I imagine if she was being threatened with a knife or gun that she would make that call and ask about her father.
If we knew that this happened after she made the call it would be more believable

This may be a silly question, but do we know for sure that she called her brother after this footage? Are we certain that the iPhone clock would be exactly in sync with the CCTV clock?

query does anyone else notice differences between the picture of the guy that came forward as being the red top guy in the cctcv footage?

in the cctv footage the guy had a beard that went right up the sides of his face to the ears and his hair was touching his collar. The guy thats come forward doesn't have that beard and his hair isn't touching his collar.

also it could just be the lighting but the cctv footage guys hair looks darker.

I believe it is after.

I read this morning in one of the MSM articles that the running CCTV footage was before the footage we have seen from the boutique. Just can't find the article.

I remember because I naturally expected it to be after, and was a little surprised when they said it was before.

query does anyone else notice differences between the picture of the guy that came forward as being the red top guy in the cctcv footage?

in the cctv footage the guy had a beard that went right up the sides of his face to the ears and his hair was touching his collar. The guy thats come forward doesn't have that beard and his hair isn't touching his collar.

also it could just be the lighting but the cctv footage guys hair looks darker.

This is because of the 'shadows' (blurred edges and low quality image) of the CCTV camera - that is why people, items, etc can look different to how they would appear in reality. Makes me wonder if that dark area above blue hoodie's hand is also distorted, and just appears to be the shape of a gun or similar.

I read this morning in one of the MSM articles that the running CCTV footage was before the footage we have seen from the boutique. Just can't find the article.

I remember because I naturally expected it to be after, and was a little surprised when they said it was before.

ah, ok.My mistake. Thank you.

"Last night it emerged the mystery hoodie man captured on CCTV talking to Ms Meagher was earlier seen running after her along Sydney Rd.

The witness said new CCTV footage given to police shows Ms Meagher walking unsteadily along Sydney Rd oblivious to the man running towards her.

The witness also told police a car did a sudden U-turn towards Ms Meagher as the man wearing a blue hoodie closed in."

BBM

http://www.news.com.au/national/one...ea-for-witnesses/story-fncynjr2-1226482146903

Well here is the first installment. After slowing it down, the total length exceeded youtube's time limit, so I had to cut it down. This part begins when bh first engages Jill. (at least in view of the camera as he may have already talked to her)
At 46/47 seconds approx., pay attention to what bh does with his hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oU5hIXegrc&feature=youtu.be

Again, for the comments I've stated earlier.... this is the slowed down video that I am referring to in my previous posts (in case some haven't seen this video) this video it really looks like he is touching her face or her hair, for all we know he could have been threatening her here, verbally but quietly. Next thing the footage of him on the left of the screen, he takes something out of his left pocket with his left hand, transfers it to his right hand and then points it at her (in the other video, the really close up one, to me this looks like a gun and each time I look at it, it still does). People say why would he wave a gun around?, people don't have guns in Australia....true, but also people don't get abducted often here either, yet it looks like that's what has happened here, so why not a gun? To make her follow him? That if she didn't follow, he'd shoot? I don't know, perhaps all very far fetched ....this is all JMO but if someone waved a gun at me, I'd like to think that I'd run or scream, but if fear kicked in....I might just do what they say in order to protect myself....if that makes sense?

Forgive me if this has already been posted. Here's a zoomed in vision of the blue hoody guy waving something around in his hand. It looks distinctly like a gun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qywc5F_xWi0

And this is the other video that I'm referring to (which I reported earlier to Crimestoppers Victoria) of the real close up, if you look at this video alongside the video in my post above....I really do think it is a gun.

Initially I thought 'noooooo, it's a phone or car keys' - it would be a very large set of keys!

It's just so scary - particularly how brazen this guy is.

It does look like a gun but if you were holding a gun would you casually wave it around the way he does?

If he's that arrogant to abduct a woman on a somewhat busy street with traffic/passers by.....he wouldn't care about waving a gun, especially if he was only using it there to threaten her, it's not like there were shots fired, which he would know would draw attention....moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95