GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had an awful thought that maybe the perp took pictures. I hope I am wrong.

My Mum said the same thing to me past night. I have read the book on Anita Cobbys Murder and it is terrifying what she went through.

Blows my mind that there are such cruel, sick and emotionless people in this world.

I moved to Sydney at the age of 20 the same week that Anita Cobby was killed....I lived with my grandparents in the western suburbs and use to catch the train home late at night. I moved down from hicksville and was so naive...I will never forget reading about what happened to her in the paper, it really scared me and is still one of the worst I have read about. Not long after the poor girl was abducted from I think Sutherland train station at night and murdered by a gang as well.........needless to say my parents up north were so worried.

reminder: (a gentle one): no discussion of psychics or tarot card readings here peeps.. Danke, thank you and gracias!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...-meagher-mystery/story-fndo1svg-1226482914166

have just read this one, so am sorry if it has already been posted....it mentions a couple of other cases that could be linked to this guy.............this was posted at 11.30pm, so am wondering if the reporters know that this guy has been a serial creep and are hinting at it here.

Thanks for posting, good story, and mentions the other unsolved matters that came to light this week.

Andrew Jaffrey ‏@AndrewJaffrey
Vic Police have charged POI with abduction charge as a holding charge. They want to find out more overnight before formal charge of murder.

https://twitter.com/AndrewJaffrey

It's certainly sobering when you think that "battle-hardened" journos are saying they feel sick, etc. :(

Am I the only one who reads POI and thinks ? (apologies!)

this is paraphrased (random tweet) but I wanted to share it because it really is so true: (paraphrased)

the murder of jill is an attack on my mother, my sister, my grandmother.

So very, very true....

Bring back capital punishment !!!

Agreed! And tougher sentences! Our "life" sentences are a joke!!! The culprit should not get a second chance at life, their life as they knew it should be over in one way or another!

I know exactly what you are saying. I had to talk to my staff today as we are located not that far from Sydney Road. They were quite distressed and I'm really baffled as to why this case has caused so many of us to feel it so deeply.

I have wondered the same thing Topsy. I am a true crime buff and get caught up in such cases easily. Her FB group surprised me with how fast it grew, over 110k atm.

I am wondering if it is because of the picture we first saw of her, that beautiful smiling face. And then the CCTV footage, it made it real, that this was a real living person, and we were perhaps witness to the last minutes of her life, with her killer also in the frame.

As much as I feel heartsick over Jill, I feel sad that other cases haven't received the same attention. Perhaps her working for ABC Radio helped also, having a connection to the media.

I'm off to bed, hugs to you all.

It's just gone midnight here East Coast Australia, I have been on WS the entire day, both my head and now heart ache for Jill. It's time for me to try and get some sleep, but I just can't stop thinking about Jill and all that she went through and being sooo close to her home and her husband. Heart breaking. :-( Goodnight everyone.

Bring back capital punishment !!!

meanwhile, in Philadelphia, a man who killed his long-term sexual abuser is about to be executed, even though the jury didn't know about the sexual abuse (defendant didn't mention it out of shame), and says if they did know they wouldn't have wanted the death penalty. The prosecuting lawyers DID know, but kept it secret. The deceased's WIFE even asked for clemency.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/24/terry-williams-death-penalty_n_1911097.html

Don't be too quick with the death penalty comments. We're better than whoever killed Jill, aren't we?

(yeah, I kow I said I was going to sleep)

Agreed! And tougher sentences! Our "life" sentences are a joke!!! The culprit should not get a second chance at life, their life as they knew it should be over in one way or another!

Isn't it Victoria that have the life means life as in never to be released law? Came in last year i think

Out of respect for the family I am not going to speculate about what happened to JM.

Now that LE looks to have their man and are in the stages of processing him, I think I will follow this case when it gets moved into the trials section of the forum (how ever long that might be 6 months+ whatever) but until then, I don't think it's helpful to speculate further.

MOO

It's certainly sobering when you think that "battle-hardened" journos are saying they feel sick, etc. :(

Am I the only one who reads POI and thinks ? (apologies!)

no you're not alone in thinking that, POI is too polite, is more appropriate.

Something that gives me chills is that they keep interchanging the words body and remains.

meanwhile, in Philadelphia, a man who killed his long-term sexual abuser is about to be executed, even though the jury didn't know about the sexual abuse (defendant didn't mention it out of shame), and says if they did know they wouldn't have wanted the death penalty. The prosecuting lawyers DID know, but kept it secret. The deceased's WIFE even asked for clemency.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/24/terry-williams-death-penalty_n_1911097.html

Don't be too quick with the death penalty comments. We're better than whoever killed Jill, aren't we?

(yeah, I kow I said I was going to sleep)
I know if someone raped and killed one of my 3 children, capital punishment would fit the crime.

No idea, I'm in NSW but if what you've said is correct then it's about time!

I'll look it up later but it was the truth in sentencing legislation from memory (I have been up all night)

Well, I help out hope against hope, that all would turn out OK, it is very sad that it appears it hasn't. Farewell to a young professional working hard to make a difference. My thoughts to her Husband, her family, friends and colleagues.

As a footnote, bring on the CCTV rebate scheme. My views have been changed by this experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member