GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it Victoria that have the life means life as in never to be released law? Came in last year i think

Introduced in 1991 after the Julian Knight shootings ... judge can set a life sentence without a non-parole period - that is, not eligible for parole.

A fair indication of sentence (for an extreme abduction, rape and murder) might be Christopher Wayne Hudson who got 35 years non-parole 'life sentence' for a fairly sadistic murder in Melbourne's CBD or Barrie Watts (Murder of Sian Kingi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) for the abduction, rape and murder of a 12-yo schoolgirl

You may be thinking of recent changes to impose compulsory life sentences for certain crimes

Not sure if I'm allowed to say this or if it's appropriate but I have been wondering as to how they identified BH? Just from releasing the CCTV footage to the public and people obviously recognized him?

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...rs-disappearance/story-e6frg6nf-1226482972990

CHIP LE GRAND AND SOPHIE GOSPER

The 41-year-old man from the inner Melbourne suburb of Coburg is understood to have confessed his involvement in a random, opportunistic attack on Ms Meagher in the early hours of Saturday morning.

<snipped>
Police believe he acted alone.

<snipped>
There are about 15 visible CCTV cameras between Bar Etiquette in Sydney Road, Brunswick, where Ms Meagher had been drinking, and the bridal shop where she was last seen at 1.43am on Saturday. Police so far have released only the footage from the bridal store camera.

Introduced in 1991 after the Julian Knight shootings ... judge can set a life sentence without a non-parole period - that is, not eligible for parole.

A fair indication of sentence (for an extreme abduction, rape and murder) might be Christopher Wayne Hudson who got 35 years non-parole 'life sentence' for a fairly sadistic murder in Melbourne's CBD or Barrie Watts (Murder of Sian Kingi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) for the abduction, rape and murder of a 12-yo schoolgirl

You may be thinking of recent changes to impose compulsory life sentences for certain crimes

BBM Yep that would be it - thank you.

Since the latest news has been released I have acid swirling in my stomach and awful nausea.

In all the time I have been following Jill's story I really truly thought she might have been found alive. It did enter my mind that she may have been murdered - but not once did rape enter my mind. Silly when I write it out - I really did think/hope that this would have ended differently. Naive I know.

I also can't imagine what atrocities this man has put her through, but now the police have to knowingly look for a body and what they must be feeling as they look.

I can't even begin to imagine the devastation her poor husband and family are suffering as police tell them the information that they know.

I lost my sister to a drunk driver a few years ago - who was also young and vulnerable.

I really hope the law in Victoria is life for life. I also don't want to know any other details regarding Jill's death other than finding her body - so both her family and the public have some closure.

Thoughts are with her hubby and loved ones.

I can't help but shed tears today. How dare this man do this. What gives someone a right to do this to a person. A woman should be able to walk home at night without some opportunist pig doing this. Obviously I am emotional right now. I am so sad,angry and disappointed this was the outcome for Jill. I can not even begin to understand the torment Tom would be going through. It's all so sad.I wish we could get rid of all of these creeps in the world. RIP Jill : (

<removed rumor>

Also, journalists are apparently already forming a crowd as there will be a remand hearing this morning at St. Kilda police station.
Once charges are laid his name will become public. They may be told to sign a confidentiality agreements because of the nature of the evidence.

I have heard this elsewhere also but yes just rumors at this stage. I don't think anybody in the public should ever know. I just feel sick.

I like as many details as I can get in these cases I follow BUT I do not ever want to hear what was done to Jill.
There have been cases in the past(Anita Coby,Sian Kingi,Daniel Morcombe,James Bulger) where some details you hear you can never forget. Everytime I walk over a train station I think of little James. I do hope these details remain private. No one needs to know except the LE.

I feel sick too : (

I like as many details as I can get in these cases I follow BUT I do not ever want to hear what was done to Jill.
There have been cases in the past(Anita Coby,Sian Kingi,Daniel Morcombe,James Bulger) where some details you hear you can never forget. Everytime I walk over a train station I think of little James. I do hope these details remain private. No one needs to know except the LE.

I feel sick too : (

I hope so too and wish the family could be spared.

RIP Jill.

this case has me sick to my stomach. I think the fact she was so close to her home. thoughts and prayers to her husband,family and friends. everyone in Ireland is discussing this case and devastated.

here is the latest article on an Irish news site about poor jill. discusses the charges and links a few australian sites.
http://www.thejournal.ie/jill-meagher-suspect-612143-Sep2012/

Sorry mods for earlier rumour post......

I found a legitimate journalist who is tweeting a lot of information on this case.
Read back down his page a bit, but some tweets have been removed.

Sorry,for those without twitter.

https://twitter.com/AndrewJaffrey

So because I am new to this site, is this thread being closed down? How does it work when he has been formally charged etc? Body found?

So because I am new to this site, is this thread being closed down? How does it work when he has been formally charged etc? Body found?

No tingles, my guess is you're in for a long haul. The threads will continue throughout the trial. Housework etc will need to wait ; )

Good!!! (all though my nesting phase has kicked in so I could find it difficult but I am sure I will manage) I want to be able to talk to all of you until this is over.
Also, is Hamish Fitzsimmons a journalist? I have just seen a recent tweet from him and am not sure if I can post it?

Good!!! (all though my nesting phase has kicked in so I could find it difficult but I am sure I will manage) I want to be able to talk to all of you until this is over.
Also, is Hamish Fitzsimmons a journalist? I have just seen a recent tweet from him and am not sure if I can post it?

Yes FruitTingles, Hamish is a journalist, MSM. You can post.

https://twitter.com/hamishfitz

Hamish Fitzsimmons
@hamishfitz
hamish.fitzsimmons@[B]abc.net.au[/B]
Lateline's Melbourne Reporter. Surfing & Cycling obsessive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member