GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
R.I.P. Jill, I didn't know her but I live about twenty minutes from her home town of Drogheda

Heartbroken.
Prayers for all those who have endured so much pain this past week. May Jill's family and friends find peace and healing in the days to come.

Rest in peace sweet beautiful Jillian.:rose:

This result is utterly horrific. I was holding out hope that she would be found alive, even though I knew how rarely that happens.

It is horrid to think of that creature thinking he could get away with it. He would have been following all the news of the search for her, probably relishing the agony of her family.

However, I would bet it took the spring out of his step when he realised how much of his activity had been captured on CCTV.

I wonder if the police used facial recognition software to help catch him. His priors would mean a mugshot and they would have got a pretty good composite of his face from the CCTV.

Editing this post - I changed my mind and don't want to talk about scum anymore.

My thoughts go out to Jill's family and friends.

Please don't sleuth this perp's friends. There is no evidence they were involved and most likely are also devastated. :cheers:

We have been waiting for this dear girl to be found and her body brought home to those who care about her.
Beautiful song Summer_Breeze. Sometimes it takes music to soothe the soul.
What a tragedy we have witnessed unfold in the last 24 hours.
Amazing work Victoria Police. Full of admiration for the policemen and women who worked so intensively on this case in the hope of finding Jill alive.

Beautifully said Fuskier, thank you. What a year this has been in Australia. I'm saddened, sickened and disgusted with the seemingly senseless taking of innocent life and it continues on a daily basis.

My sincere condolences to Tom Meagher. I can only imagine what he must be going through right now. Similarly, my sincere sympathy to Jill's parents and family both here in Australia and in Ireland who are also awash in the grief of losing their beautiful Jill.

May justice be served for Jill Meagher. May she rest in peace.

Only 9 friends?

forget the nine friends - down the bottom where it says "interested in" he writes - Women (which is so friggin creepy considering what has happened)

I also wonder whether he is the same guy in the Geelong Advertiser article - same name and correct age - big coincedence if it's not him, but then it's possible.

No, you get in an awful lot of trouble if you leak a story , especially involving a crime as serious as this one.

The media will not be allowed to discuss this until it goes to court. No discussions like CNN and Nancy Grace would have at all.

We (the media) are often given stories at 5pm which have a midnight embargo on them. So until midnight you can't do anything or say anything. Papers can do the story (because they won't be out before midnight), radio can have the story in their midnight news bulletin and TV usually has to wait until morning (the 24 hour news stations can run it after midnight)

This is the part that scares me with social media. What happens if WE discuss it here (in America) - if I were in Australia I would get sued but what happens when you are in America? As users of social networks are we supposed to follow the law of Australia from America?

Interesting media reporting laws between the countries... And I understand the dilemma regarding the "gray areas"!:waitasec:

forget the nine friends - down the bottom where it says "interested in" he writes - Women (which is so friggin creepy considering what has happened)

I also wonder whether he is the same guy in the Geelong Advertiser article - same name and correct age - big coincedence if it's not him, but then it's possible.

Unfortunately it probably is. Geelong incident could have been promoted by things that sometimes go with gym culture.

I've been lurking a while. First time post. I'm soo sad this has taken this twist. I really hoped she would be okay... I hope her family will be okay. It's tragic.

I wanted to mention that i'm pretty sure some of those previous reports about similar attacks mentioned a tattoo. I think it was the mako (?) identikit, but I've had trouble finding it.

:welcome: Divertado!

Tattoos and other identifiable characteristics will certainly play a part in connecting him to other cases... If there are any connections!

JMO

I am concerned about her father, he had a stroke just 2 weeks before she went missing.

I am concerned about her father, he had a stroke just 2 weeks before she went missing.

I have been thinking the same thing.

As unbelievably awful as it is, the family will at least have some closure. At least she will be returned to those who have loved her most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member