GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is an implication that a car and driver could also be involved, due to some witness reports. But not officially at this point.

Apparantly there was a vehicle seen doing a u - turn in Sydney Road which was also seen on CCTV. Its unofficial but it does imply that there was more than the "blue hoodie". That was on our local news this morning but unofficial at this point. (Dreadful to think if its true though poor girl, much much harder to fight off two attackers not one). I am glued to the internet and TV today just waiting for a happy ending - Im not exaggerating when i say ALL OF MELBOURNE are probably doing same. Jill has so many people thinking of her.
:newhere:
Can someone please tell me where i find the dictionary of short cuts here?
Im trying to understand your sleuthtalk ie: IMO etc - where is the reference page? I need a lesson on how to get this right, otherwise might say something highly embarrasing unintentially. Am showing my age - i only know LOL.

IMO = in my opinion
JMO = just my opinion
MOO = my opinion only

if that helps at all ....

IMO - in my opinion
MOO - my opinion only
LE - law enforcement

(I am new too - these are the ones I have noticed!)

Other initials are used for people, like BH for blue hoodie, TM for tom meagher.

Re: Catherine Deveny, she said she reported it in the morning then tweeted it that night. I think she was right to go public as it could make more people report similar attacks. But she did it in a rather 'look at moi' way.

Her friend on Today show was the one who wrote the article on victim-blaming - Clementine Ford (CF). She was with Catherine Deveny (CD)earlier that night. I am not sure why they asked CF to comment on CD, she didn't see it happen and any off remarks could affect the case.

Apparantly there was a vehicle seen doing a u - turn in Sydney Road which was also seen on CCTV. Its unofficial but it does imply that there was more than the "blue hoodie". That was on our local news this morning but unofficial at this point. (Dreadful to think if its true though poor girl, much much harder to fight off two attackers not one). I am glued to the internet and TV today just waiting for a happy ending - Im not exaggerating when i say ALL OF MELBOURNE are probably doing same. Jill has so many people thinking of her.
:newhere:
Can someone please tell me where i find the dictionary of short cuts here?
Im trying to understand your sleuthtalk ie: IMO etc - where is the reference page? I need a lesson on how to get this right, otherwise might say something highly embarrasing unintentially. Am showing my age - i only know LOL.

NEW Websleuths Lingo - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community There ya go :)

Just a long shot but 3AW just reported this on their Twitter Feed -

@RossAndJohn MFB say they attended suspicious car fire involving Toyota Corolla this morn intersection Sydney & Somerton Rds intersection

Strange that it would be reported if it is just a normal car fire..? Posting in case there could be a link.

does anyone know is this far from where she was last seen? i have looked at the map but cant see somerton rd?

A new member here. I'm not entirely convinced that Jill didn't make it home or that she didn't meet up with her husband. Something about him and his timeline just doesn't add up. If he was concerned enough at 2am to start calling her mobile constantly or to go looking for her why would he wait until midday before reporting her missing to the police? If he had said he hadn't started looking until around 8am I can understand but if you're concerned at 2am it just seems weird that he would wait that long. Could he have been cruising around the streets looking for her in his car and spotted her and she got in with him? Was it his car that did the u-turn to pick her up?
I totally agree with everything in this post, even if we are a minority of two.
Something is not ringing true to me.

bearbear - Somerton rd is where Sydney Rd turns in to the Hume Highway. Here is a link to the map:
https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=s...dney+Rd+&+Somerton+Rd,+Somerton+Victoria&z=13

As for making a late missing person report, my ex boyfriend once didn't come home after going out to the pub all night with mates. I finally got through to his phone at 3pm the next day. He'd crashed at a friend's house and slept most of the day. I was irate. I did try all friends and hospitals etc though before considering making a missing persons alert, as it just seems like there is almost always a more rational explanation.

just jumping off your post to readdress the rules: we are not allowing sleuthing or speculation of the husband. we are a victim friendly forum and Jill's family members are victims as well. rules are below for those just joining in:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Australia Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

does anyone know is this far from where she was last seen? i have looked at the map but cant see somerton rd?

I think by the time Sydney Rd gets that far north it has turned into the Hume Hwy. The two do intersect though. It is a few kilometres at least from Brunswick, I'm not sure exactly how far. Maybe 10 kilometres directly north?

just jumping off your post to readdress the rules: we are not allowing sleuthing or speculation of the husband. we are a victim friendly forum and Jill's family members are victims as well. rules are below for those just joining in:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Australia Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

Can I ask a question re this? How do we actually know yet who is the victim (besides Jill)? Perhaps blue hoodie is an innocent bystander (unlikely I know but possible. I am not being argumentative, I am genuinely curious about where to draw the line in what I say.

The car could have been making a u-turn for some other reason and just glanced over. It seems a very overt move to make if you are about to kidnap someone.

A man seen in video footage of missing ABC employee Jill Meagher on Sydney Road, Brunswick, moments before she disappeared has said he noticed nothing unusual about the man in the blue hoodie who police are focusing their attention on.
Dan Gregson told The Age he walked past the man about a minute before he is seen talking to Mrs Meagher, who then follows him down Sydney Road.
Mr Gregson added that he did not think Mrs Meagher had made it as far as Hope Street, as he had been sitting in a kebab shop near the corner of that street and Sydney Rd for 10 minutes and would have noticed if she had passed.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/n...ill-footage-20120927-26m8r.html#ixzz27clNGc6q

I can see what you mean but I can't imagine an attacker allowing her to make a call to her brother, which happened after this incident, nor can I imagine if she was being threatened with a knife or gun that she would make that call and ask about her father.
If we knew that this happened after she made the call it would be more believable

It's hard to get your head around the situation isnt it. Uber frustrating indeed.

There is something 'missing' in this puzzle.

Another thing I don't 'get' is how little her workmates and friends have had to say about this, especially her media savvy ones. Their silence is deafening.

One of her colleagues who is also the crime reporter in Melbourne was on ABC702 Sydney this morning talking about it.

Can I ask a question re this? How do we actually know yet who is the victim (besides Jill)? Perhaps blue hoodie is an innocent bystander (unlikely I know but possible. I am not being argumentative, I am genuinely curious about where to draw the line in what I say.

The family members are ALWAYS considered victims here at websleuths until and unless they are named a suspect or a person of interest in a crime. Speculation about a family member's involvement or sleuthing of them and posting it is off limits.

The blue hooded man is information surrounding the case. That is sleuthable.

To my understanding.....

The boke in the blue hood has been made mention by the police and if you read mainstream media there is alarm that Jill may have been abducted. So as far as the footage goes, the bloke in the blue hood is a person of interest to the Police until that is, he comes forth and identifies himself.

The police have stated that Jill did not make it home that night, and they have also placed TM in his apartment at the time she disappeared. So, unless he can be in two places at once, he has absolutely nothing to do with her disappearance and should be treated as the victim he is.

I honestly don't believe he is involved in the slightest, especially as we have not one shred of evidence to place her anywhere near him that night.

JMO :moo:

The family members are ALWAYS considered victims here at websleuths until and unless they are named a suspect or a person of interest in a crime. Speculation about a family member's involvement or sleuthing of them and posting it is off limits.

The blue hooded man is information surrounding the case. That is sleuthable.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member