GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
May have been the bomb scare on King st, bit far away thouigh

I have been on here for a couple of years.............and unfortunately I usually think it is the husband/boyfriend etc....and with kids, mums new boyfriend or stepdad etc, but in this case I truly do not think it is the husband.....too many other women have reported attacks, and a rape in st kilda and being followed etc. I personally think it is this mohawk scum..........the thing is surely someone out there knows of a guy with a mohawk in a red car...........or a guy who has recently shaved of a mohawk...

It's not always a man.

according to this she is no longer a journalist (stopped in 2010)

Catherine Deveny - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am only pointing this out because while her account, if reported on in msm, is allowed, her twitter and blogs, etc are not allowed because she is not a reporter with a main stream media outlet.

Not picking on your post... just making sure everyone is aware.

I'm pretty sure that here you can call yourself a journalist even if you're not currently working as one (like many professions), and you don't need to have trained as a journalist to call yourself one. I have a journalism degree but don't call myself one, but I suppose I could if I wanted to.

She doesn't look intoxicated at all in the video.

She looks very unsteady on her feet to me......and if she went for drinks after work and was going home a 1.30am, chances are she was more than tiddly....but you know what........so what!! Most of us have been there, done that, and on a friday night at 1.30am in Australia (and lots of other parts of the world) there would be millions of women the same...... but yes unfortunately it does make you less aware of the dangers lurking around you........as once again I am sure many of us can tell a story....poor Jill, I think she has been a victim of what all of us dread.

It's not always a man.

Oh no...its not always a man at all.....on here there have also been quite a lot of cases of mum and step mum as well.... but in the majority, it is a man......but lets face it, there is a 99.99 percent chance with Jill.......it is a man

In defence of her husband:

Jill and Tom's house has CCTV. Jill wasn't seen coming home and Tom wasn't seen leaving until the time he said he went out to look for her.

"The Victoria Police have also entirely ruled out any suspicion of Jill Meagher's husband Tom, and declared he is not a person of interest in this ongoing investigation."
http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2012/09/27/3598861.htm

What more do you want?

It's not always a man.
Also new to the forum... often my first suspicion in these cases is to suspect the partner. However this case is pointing more and more to an abduction. There is something about her interaction in the CCTV footage with the blue hoodie guy that gives me shivers.
I feel so sad for her family and her husband must be asking a himself a lot of "what if" questions by now.

bearbear - Somerton rd is where Sydney Rd turns in to the Hume Highway. Here is a link to the map:
https://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=s...dney+Rd+&+Somerton+Rd,+Somerton+Victoria&z=13

As for making a late missing person report, my ex boyfriend once didn't come home after going out to the pub all night with mates. I finally got through to his phone at 3pm the next day. He'd crashed at a friend's house and slept most of the day. I was irate. I did try all friends and hospitals etc though before considering making a missing persons alert, as it just seems like there is almost always a more rational explanation.

thanks for the map! thats a very isolated looking area, i wonder if this has any relevance to this case? hope not!!

Just awfully suspicious that the blue-hooded man hasn't come forward as yet...he has to be aware of the video by now. Or even that he was possibly the last person to speak to Jill.

maybe hes homeless and totally oblivious to his newfound notoriety!

maybe hes homeless and totally oblivious to his newfound notoriety!

I think the reason he hasnt come forward is because he is in hiding!! If he is not the perp, he is an accomplice!.........I am more alarmed that people havent recognized him. I also think him and his mate have attacked before and got away with it and also had numerous attempts....I dont think it has ended up with murder though, as I unfortunately think this is what has happened to Jill. I do hope not though

Some people have been saying - what if BH is innocent but hasn't come forward because he doesn't pay attention to the media?

There are posters of Jill EVERYWHERE around Brunswick (and Northcote, etc) - he might not have seen the CCTV footage but he could not have avoided seeing her face.

He might not have come forward because of an unrelated criminal charge - but he cannot be unaware that the woman he spoke to is missing and police are seeking any witnesses

I think that it might be timely for a financial incentive (reward $$) to be offered to get someone or some vital information out of the woodwork. There are a lot of people out there who feel no need to "do the right thing", but will step up for personal financial gain. Someone must recognise BH &/or know someone or something about what has happened to Jill. They say there is no honour amongst theives; this probably also applies to abductors, rapists & other lowlife.

When we lived in Melbourne, someone stole an expensive piece of equipment that our builder had put on the nature strip. We quickly made reward posters and placed them up and down the street - including outside the suspects' unit block. The reward was $50 - probably more than the theif would get for the item at the pub. The equipment was returned within 10 mins of the reward posting!!

If he is involved, he'd be crazy to be spending much time in public around Brunswick or the CBD. He'd get chased down and pummeled Night Stalker style at the moment.

I do. If she were intoxicated, she most likely would have been more vulnerable to a predator.

Jill is a victim. it makes no difference if she was sober, drunk, hungry, full, old, young , male, female. - the perpetrator is the bad person.

Jill is a victim. it makes no difference if she was sober, drunk, hungry, full, old, young , male, female. - the perpetrator is the bad person.

I don't think anyone is implying having a few drinks and getting intoxicated is a bad thing, or means any crime committed against you is your fault. It does influence decision making and the ability to protect oneself.

In the other thread I commented that running away in those shoes would be tough. Saying that is NOT suggesting it's her fault she got attacked because of the shoes she was wearing.

People are too sensitive these days.

People are too sensitive these days.

If we lived in a culture where women weren't constantly being told they need to not drink or go out or flirt or wear pretty clothes if they don't want to be held responsible for being raped then you could say what you like. But that is the culture we DO live in.

But what you said has context, you can't pretend you're in a vacuum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member