GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In defence of her husband:

Jill and Tom's house has CCTV. Jill wasn't seen coming home and Tom wasn't seen leaving until the time he said he went out to look for her.

There have been conflicting reports about whether the building has CCTV. I read on here yesterday where someone said it doesn't. I haven't seen an official statement that it has CCTV. Maybe someone else has.

I totally agree with everything in this post, even if we are a minority of two.
Something is not ringing true to me.

The one thing I would like to know is what made TM start phoning at 2am to look for her. Did the brother ring him when she didn't answer her phone, or what?
Maybe he knew what time she was expected home and started to worry, but it hasn't been explained.
And if brother didn't ring TM, then why?

Thank you for this, I said earlier in a previous post, that I thought that perhaps he was pointing a knife at her....now it clearly looks like a gun. :(

Surely the Police would point out an armed man? Hopefully its just light trickery or he has something innocuous in his hand. Great find though!

If the timing is correct, she then calls her brother a minute later (seemingly as she leans with her back on the window of the shop). Why would he let her? It's all so bizarre!!

What are your thoughts on whats in her hand. Mobile phone or a packet of cigarettes?

"If" it is a gun/knife (I can't see it myself), my guess is that she can't see it at that point and he just has it at the ready.

Something else I've been thinking about.. Maybe her brother called Tom after not being able to get back through to Jill, leading to Tom's calling from 2am?

Thank you for this, I said earlier in a previous post, that I thought that perhaps he was pointing a knife at her....now it clearly looks like a gun. :(

Yeah I thought a knife too but this is a gun for sure, hope its a fake gun.

This is amazing.
Someone has zoomed in on the hoodie man's http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qywc5F_xWi0hand and it looks like he is waving a gun

It gave me a jolt right through my guts when I saw that. I seriously think it is not a trick of the lighting as it appears to be flicked upwards and into his hand. This is when she stops. As doc Watson observed, his is still near her, you can see his jeans at the bottom of the screen left. Poor poor girl. This would explain why no sign of a struggle. A previous poster asked why she didn't run the other way if she had been threatened with a gun....... Umm me thinks I would FREEZE, then stagger a bit at the reality, the do exactly as I was told. Pure Speculation on my part and runs in the face of sexual predator theories, but gun, car (possible) and no trace of her phone, could there be a more "underworld" connection here, or the Irish "mafia"? MOO, IMO, conjecture only, purely random thought etc don't flame me please......!

This video is just fantastic. It gives anyone not in Melbourne an idea of the location.

Do you see what I mean about where the bag was found? You have to turn left from Hope into a little alleyway and then take a right into a driveway. It's not possible to see this area from the street.

I wonder if Jill was in that Alleyway/Driveway (not by choice) and later collected (if a 2nd offender with a car wasn't involved). If so, her poor Hubby could have wandered straight past when he set out to search without seeing her. The offender had a number of hours to get back to that spot and collect Jill and/or her belongings.

Am I making sense? I tend to ramble..

All IMO based on little more than the location of an alleyway and driveway.

I don't know, it looks to me like she has her hands up defensively and may be trying to reason with him, and he has threatened her so she continues walking in his direction coz she has no choice.

I don't think anyone is implying having a few drinks and getting intoxicated is a bad thing, or means any crime committed against you is your fault. It does influence decision making and the ability to protect oneself.

In the other thread I commented that running away in those shoes would be tough. Saying that is NOT suggesting it's her fault she got attacked because of the shoes she was wearing.

People are too sensitive these days.

So true, the shoes alone would be a huge disadvantage, then being a petite female, tired, even a few drinks - makes you more vulnerable compared to a male of normal strength. It's the facts, not blaming the victim. These lowlifes prey on people who are weaker and vulnerable.

One of the presenters on Sydney radio this morning talked about this and said, no matter what you think of her, her comedy etc, she is very intelligent and also similar in appearance to JM. Should take her seriously.

I must have missed all the intelligent things she's said.

If she was attacked, absolutely, that should be taken seriously regardless of who is attacked. If. If it did happen I'm stunned she didn't tweet about it that night.

Hello all new members and :welcome:

Please be sure to review our rules. A link to the rules was sent to you in your private message greeting. :woot:

Our very own moderator from Australia will be checking in with you all during the day. Her name is Marlywings. We also have Nursebeeme who will be with you in a few hours. If you need help, please use your alert feature (the little red triangle in the top right of the post) and a moderator will come to your rescue as soon as time allows.

We hope you enjoy Websleuths and can't thank you all enough for joining!

:wagon: :wagon: :wagon:

:cheers:

Didn't she call her brother after supposedly being accosted by this guy with a gun?? :waitasec:

Maybe he said to her don't worry about that person I told you about who is following you - I've got a gun, here it is, you're safe lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman