GUILTY Australia - Jill Meagher, 29, Melbourne, 22 Sep 2012 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang - had to be away from the computer for a while due to real-world work phone call. And when I come back I find that the police are expected to charge him tonight with abduction and murder.

I wonder if he has/will reveal where Jill is?

And I wonder if the police have leads to accomplice(s)?

I had to be away for a refill of my real life wine glass and a visit to the bathroom and things just move so rapidly I find it hard to keep up.

Well anything his been charged with. We don't know. He could've committed other crimes but hasn't been charged with it. It would mean that he has no convictions to his name

Is there on-line access to public records (criminal records, specifically) in Australia?

In other words.. when his name is reported by LE, is it possible to run a background check on his priors?

TIA

I have now taken part in a few of these cases. I would just like to alert or remind people that what the police tell the public, we need to keep in mind they have alot more information but are unable to announce it due to investigations and possible future court hearings.

Very Unlikely the handbag was missed initially.

The question is was it planted, dropped by accident or dropped on purpose.

Just highlighting this part. So important the job they do, even if half the time they're being complained about.

Get out and buy those Blue Ribbons everyone :)

National Police Remembrance Day: Saturday, 29 September, 2012
National Police Remembrance Day , also known as Blue Ribbon Day in Victoria. It is a time for members of Victoria Police and the community to honour the dedicated men and women who have died serving their community.

Memorial Service: Friday, 28 September, 2012

Join Victoria Police in honouring those who have made the ultimate sacrifice to protect the community at a Remembrance Day march and service.

9.00am - Police will march from Prices Bridge, Melbourne and proceed down St Kilda Road to the Victoria Police Memorial.

9.20am - A remembrance service will be held at the Victoria Police Memorial, Tom's Block, St Kilda Road, Melbourne. Melway ref: 2FH9

Please note: National Police Remembrance Day is held on Saturday, 29 September, however, this year the memorial service will be held on Friday, 28 September.

http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.asp?Document_ID=30483

Info on regional services:
http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content.asp?Document_ID=22650l

Just a police euphemism for 'is being questioned' ... hasn't been charged and can't be compelled to answer enquires, hence is 'assisting"

Oh right, thanks. Was a tiny bit confused or just baby brain I think! Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

I used to work in radiology. When Kylie Minogue was diagnosed with breast cancer we were overwhelmed with young and old women coming in for mammograms, called it 'the Kylie effect'. Many women were diagnosed early and their lives were saved because of Kylie.

You are right, the loss of this beautiful young Irish girl will not be for nothing. This story has gone all over the world. That is her legacy to others.

Great post thanks LegallyBrunette!!...hopefully it will also lead to a huge increase of CCTV cameras wherever possible. Without those cams the arrest may have been a long time coming.

Is there on-line access to public records (criminal records, specifically) in Australia?

In other words.. when his name is reported by LE, is it possible to run a background check on his priors?

TIA

Not that I am aware of, haven't ever needed to use it however someone else may know?

I have now taken part in a few of these cases. I would just like to alert or remind people that what the police tell the public, we need to keep in mind they have alot more information but are unable to announce it due to investigations and possible future court hearings.

That's right. My nephew is in Forensic services in NSW.

Exactly ehat I have been drumming into my daughter extra the last few days. One daughter finishes at the hospital at 11pm tonight and was going to cab it back to her home and I said no way I am coming to get you even if its an hour round trip.

Couldn't agree more. As a twenty something living in Brisbane over 25 years ago, I was followed twice by men at night in brightly lit public areas, and once stalked by a taxi driver who insisted I tell him my house number. I gave him a false number, paid for my fare, fled down a side street and hid behind some bushes while he drove up and down the street hunting me down. It was a very scary moment for me and I was so pleased I trusted my instincts with this dude. My only regret was that my fear made me freeze and I forgot to get his cab number.

Not that I am aware of, haven't ever needed to use it however someone else may know?

No public access. Only thing you can do is read trial transcripts but you'd have to know about the crime in the first place, and it wouldn't be something minor because judgments wouldn't be reported.

A wonderful part of Melbourne. For anyone reading this who is visiting Melbourne, Sydney Road is a great area to visit, truly.

(I'm a fan of Newtown in sydney, too, but haven't visited for a few years).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I myself did not like the area, not sure if it was just because I'm from a small country town or whether because I was miserable due to my partner being in hospital there, but I really got the creeps being on Syd Rd and surrounding off streets & areas. Just that eerie feeling like it wasn't safe, and I was even told not to walk alone around there. JMO though.

Hah no I did an assignment on this subject not long ago. Google it rather interesting. This is my opinion. But once more information comes out it could make more sense

Ohhh sorry I meant about the petty theft crimes. i have only read that he didn't have a history of crime.

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear in my question, I know what it means not to have significant charges. My question is how likely is it that this is a first offence or is it (as prime time cop shows would have us believe) likely that he would have excavated from other crimes? hypothetically of course...

This is just my opinion...

But... from the literature I have read... these deviant persons will usually have practiced their craft in increments...finding what works and what doesn't.. even down to small details. Much like any dedicated wood worker, plumber, etc...

The difference is... he is dedicated to a craft that is detrimental to society.

I would think there might have been other run-in with the law... but not necessarily.

From the looks of this guy... he didn't seem have a need to keep a "pillar of society" facade.. so he probably does have some priors... as was hinted at in some of these early reports by LE.

If there are no major acts on his record, and since this was somewhat successful, considering it did take 6 days of all-out search, investigations.. then I would assume he has committed a list of escalating crimes, and has not been caught for them... yet.

All JMO

tweet from journalist Tracy Spicer:

Tracey Spicer ‏@spicertracey
Police about to hold a news conference about the arrest of a man re the disappearance of Jill Meagher. Details @SkyNewsAust

Ohhh sorry I meant about the petty theft crimes. i have only read that he didn't have a history of crime.

Oh sorry, I thought people were saying he stole underwear off lines or did I misinterpret it? Lol sorry it's going crazy on here ATM, and on my phone trying to keep up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrypaul