Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, Warsh. I have grown weary of these parents whose children are given a different legal guardian because the parents won't straighten up their poor form, and then they are given a free pass when something even more terrible later happens to their children.

This is the 4th Aussie case of this happening that I can think of, off the top of my head.

If I have grown weary of it, I can imagine how the police feel about it.

This^^

Is it possible that KM is the one the police are trying to elicit information from by publicly disclosing ‘for investigative reasons’ the cause of death?

Were they wanting some kind of reaction.

This is strange because the last time they gave KM bad news she ended up in hospital for a week.

Maybe they think she’s holding back on them.

Police are still appealing for information.... Article update....

On Tuesday, Detective Superintendent Danny Doherty revealed CM died from a gunshot wound - but police still have no idea where the gun is.

“That’s how she died, so we are disclosing this for investigative reasons but also to clear up any ambiguity to make sure we have some clarity for the investigation,” he said.

“And any other thoughts that this may not be anything but what this is – an alleged murder of a nine-year-old girl.”

C M updates: Gun missing after police reveal nine-year-old was shot | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

I find the BBM statement interesting.....JMO

Filicide is far from rare in Australia, sadly even with Biological parents.

Filicide in Australia, 2000-2012: A National Study‘, is the first to examine filicide nationally over time, and it shows that filicide rates are not declining but were stable in the 12-year period under study. In that period some 284 victims were killed by a parent or parent equivalent, such as a step-parent, and 274 victims were children under 18. While the youngest children (under 4) are the most vulnerable, children remain victims throughout their school life and afterwards, with the oldest victim being 33 years. Most children had not ever been known to child protection. Rates varied from state to state with Victoria having the lowest incidence per capita and Queensland the highest The major categories of perpetrators were mothers, fathers, mothers and fathers acting together, step-fathers and step-fathers and mothers acting together. Step-fathers were disproportionately represented. A constellation of factors was found to be associated with perpetrators: domestic violence previously inflicted or suffered by the perpetrator, mental illness, substance abuse, partnership separation, history of child abuse and a newly identified factor, criminal history, often for violence.

CRG 52/14-15: Filicide in Australia, 2000-2012 A National Report

It’s always hard to find the truth when dealing with criminals and drug affected people. Lying is their nature. Not saying all involved fit this description, but from what we have seen and read, the ones directly involved are! My thoughts are with the QLD family and friends.

Why would they be asking if anyone has spotted his vehicle? LE claimed that they have a GPS log of his travels, they would know every stop and turn that he's done, I suspect other people are involved.
I agree it is probably to see who else is involved but also there is still a gun missing. Perhaps they are trying to narrow down where the gun may be?

Police are still appealing for information.... Article update....

On Tuesday, Detective Superintendent Danny Doherty revealed CM died from a gunshot wound - but police still have no idea where the gun is.

“That’s how she died, so we are disclosing this for investigative reasons but also to clear up any ambiguity to make sure we have some clarity for the investigation,” he said.

“And any other thoughts that this may not be anything but what this is – an alleged murder of a nine-year-old girl.”

C M updates: Gun missing after police reveal nine-year-old was shot | news.com.au — Australia’s leading news site

I find the BBM statement interesting.....JMO

IMO the bolded bit sounds like it might be directed to anyone who knows something of the crime, the cover up, the people linked to the case.

JMO but it sounds like a message to anyone that might be protecting someone/s (a mother, a brother, a girlfriend, a mate) that this was no accident or misadventure gone wrong.

Maybe if you knew anyone associated with CM, you might think you know a person, and that's there no way they could be involved and if they were involved there must be some explanation.

IMO police seem to be saying very clearly that this was murder.

Presumably none of us are knowingly associating with people capable of murder or capable of assisting in a cover up of murder, but we just don't know what people are capable of.

I think that must be hard to reconcile and why some maybe reluctant to contact police with any information.

But people are capable of presenting different parts of themselves at different times. A benign example is the version of our self at work compared to at home.

The linked article was an interesting read in many ways. Thanks for the link.

The friend of the accused is reported as adamant in his denials that the accused had ever shown any tendencies to violence. He states that the accused knew how to fuel and drive a boat, which, along with investigators' pleas to the public to come forward with information about the accused's car and boat during the time in question, leads to conjecture as to the possibility someone else was driving the vehicle, towing the boat and failing repeatedly to launch the boat. Everything's still on the table at the moment, so I don't discount the above witness' claims, regardless of his lifestyle and the photos of his residence. On the other hand, the witness could have numerous reasons for backing the accused

The above witness is reported as stating the accused was 'relaxed' during his stay with the witness, which is at odds with the chaotic attempts to dispose of the victim's remains only hours/days earlier. If the accused had spent several hours being interrogated prior to staying with the witness, it's strange the witness would describe the accused as 'relaxed' and as spending his time 'eating and sleeping'. I would have been at my wit's end if I were the accused, given the circumstances. Of course, substances may have assisted in the relaxed state of the accused. And I don't know if he stayed with the witness after being investigated by authorities. The witness states the accused made no attempt to resist the police when they came for him and simply asked that his mother be informed so she would engage a solicitor for him

It was interesting to read that the witness stated he'd met the victim's mother on more than one occasion, also that he described her as suffering MH problems and said he 'had personally observed her losing her composure' without revealing when, where, why
I know how to fuel, tow, launch and drive/start a boat. However, I would struggle to launch a boat like that on my own if there was a strong current, the tide was out, or in the dark. Especially a boat I was not familiar with.
I would also struggle if the boat didn't start, being an outboard motor, to try and work out why and fix it myself.
If the keys were missing that would also make it difficult for me on my own to start. I guess that is a possibility too.
He may know how to do all of these things but sometimes even an experienced boat person would need the help of someone else.

Filicide is far from rare in Australia, sadly even with Biological parents.

Filicide in Australia, 2000-2012: A National Study‘, is the first to examine filicide nationally over time, and it shows that filicide rates are not declining but were stable in the 12-year period under study. In that period some 284 victims were killed by a parent or parent equivalent, such as a step-parent, and 274 victims were children under 18. While the youngest children (under 4) are the most vulnerable, children remain victims throughout their school life and afterwards, with the oldest victim being 33 years. Most children had not ever been known to child protection. Rates varied from state to state with Victoria having the lowest incidence per capita and Queensland the highest The major categories of perpetrators were mothers, fathers, mothers and fathers acting together, step-fathers and step-fathers and mothers acting together. Step-fathers were disproportionately represented. A constellation of factors was found to be associated with perpetrators: domestic violence previously inflicted or suffered by the perpetrator, mental illness, substance abuse, partnership separation, history of child abuse and a newly identified factor, criminal history, often for violence.

CRG 52/14-15: Filicide in Australia, 2000-2012 A National Report
Just yesterday in WA a man killed himself and his children

IMO the bolded bit sounds like it might be directed to anyone who knows something of the crime, the cover up, the people linked to the case.

JMO but it sounds like a message to anyone that might be protecting someone/s (a mother, a brother, a girlfriend, a mate) that this was no accident or misadventure gone wrong.

Maybe if you knew anyone associated with CM, you might think you know a person, and that's there no way they could be involved and if they were involved there must be some explanation.

IMO police seem to be saying very clearly that this was murder.

Presumably none of us are knowingly associating with people capable of murder or capable of assisting in a cover up of murder, but we just don't know what people are capable of.

I think that must be hard to reconcile and why some maybe reluctant to contact police with any information.

But people are capable of presenting different parts of themselves at different times. A benign example is the version of our self at work compared to at home.

Yes, I was thinking along the same lines. For example, what if JS had told his mother that he was only disposing of the child to help his fiancé ? And he told her that KM ACCIDENTALLY injured the child somehow----and they were afraid they would lose custody of their baby if police and/or DACS found out?

If police told the public about the rifle and the COD, then Mom and the S family would know that story JS was telling was untrue/

In all of the images released by Police, showing the red ute towing the boat, the boat cover looks as if it has not been removed and replaced.... the cover looks exactly the same in all of the images. Are the images shown by Police after JS has visited at least one boat ramp?

In all of the images released by Police, showing the red ute towing the boat, the boat cover looks as if it has not been removed and replaced.... the cover looks exactly the same in all of the images. Are the images shown by Police after JS has visited at least one boat ramp?

This is a mystery to me too.

The first day the "Trip on Thursday" was released by the media .... about the trip to Bunnings and the BP Servo at Marsden..... is that image the same as being shown now @Marg944???

For some reason the Bunnings Trip has been omitted in the latest reports???

This is the Marsden Image, after Bunnings, still in daylight.... If that helps??? From memory the other "Servo Stop" was much later in the trip IIRC??? And back towards the Windsor area somewhere..???. and that would be after 5 Dock.....

c1587a779134c5a453db0b39f7ab22ab

Edit to add: I've just had a look back over some articles and all of the CCTV images so far released seem to be prior to 5 Dock????? I think Drummoyne was prior to 5 Dock?? Correct me if I am wrong on that ...

Last edited:
The first day the "Trip on Thursday" was released by the media .... about the trip to Bunnings and the BP Servo at Marsden..... is that image the same as being shown now @Marg944???

For some reason the Bunnings Trip has been omitted in the latest reports???
I was looking at the video that Police have released, frame by frame. I can make out that the ute is at a petrol station, but the other 2 areas, I am unsure if they are taken on the way to one boat ramp.

I still worry about what else is hidden underneath that blue tarp. I cannot blow my screen shot up any larger.

upload_2022-1-29_17-37-26.png

Ute with blue tarp

I don't think JS has visited the boat ramp yet, as per the images that have been released to date....
All of the images I can find are prior to 5 Dock, which was allegedly the first boat ramp??? IIRC???

There would have to be CCTV of 5 Dock I would imagine for boat security reasons etc???

Is this an oversight by Media / Police or for some other reason???
All IMO

Footage here:
CM's mum HAS now been interviewed by police who say girl killed with 'small rifle' | Daily Mail Online

I was looking at the video that Police have released, frame by frame. I can make out that the ute is at a petrol station, but the other 2 areas, I am unsure if they are taken on the way to one boat ramp.

I still worry about what else is hidden underneath that blue tarp. I cannot blow my screen shot up any larger.

View attachment 331749

Ute with blue tarp
That image was recorded at 7:17pm prior to the boat ramp at 5 Dock ..... @Marg944

The Police are asking for assistance with the CCTV footage but nothing after that time has been released from what I can find....... You may be onto something here!! Is this time when the Police think the weapon was disposed of?? Or is it for some other reason???

At 5.53pm that day he allegedly visited BP at Marsden Park, before next being seen travelling along Victoria Rd and Bayswater Rd at Drummoyne at 7.19pm to 7.20pm.

Police allege he spent between 7.20pm and 9.50pm at the Five Dock boat ramp, where he was unable to start his boat.

CM's mum HAS now been interviewed by police who say girl killed with 'small rifle' | Daily Mail Online

C M died after allegedly being shot by J S: police | Daily Telegraph

Last edited:
Five Dock and Drummoyne are quite close to each other, right next to each other in fact so Five Dock boat ramp could actually be in Drummoyne. I am not sure how many boat ramps there are in that area.

This is the Marsden Image, after Bunnings, still in daylight.... If that helps??? From memory the other "Servo Stop" was much later in the trip IIRC??? And back towards the Windsor area somewhere..???. and that would be after 5 Dock.....

c1587a779134c5a453db0b39f7ab22ab

Edit to add: I've just had a look back over some articles and all of the CCTV images so far released seem to be prior to 5 Dock????? I think Drummoyne was prior to 5 Dock?? Correct me if I am wrong on that ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member