Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting one of my Opening Posts for members who seem to have missed it:

SUB JUDICE

As an arrest has been made in this matter, under Australian law this case is now under sub judice throughout the entire judicial process until such time as the time to appeal has passed or an appeal is completed.

Previous threads discussing this case have been pulled due to the victim's name being contained throughout.

Members must use initials only for the name of both the accused and the victim. If you quote something from MSM, please ensure both the quoted material AND the hyperlink do not contain the name of either the accused or the victim

IMPORTANT: Under sub-judice, the following is not allowed:

Anything that may prejudice the accused’s right to a fair trial (i.e. any suggestions or direct accusations that the accused is either guilty or innocent)

Calling the accused "the killer" or "murderer" (it has to be "the accused", the "alleged killer" or "the defendant")

References to a defendant’s previous history of any offences

Scandalizing the court (disparaging judges/lawyers, any officer of the Court)

Broadcasting anything about proceedings which happen in the jury's absence

Any non compliance with an Order of the court

Do not post anything that violates the above principles.

Breaching sub judice can result in charges of contempt of court.

Thank you.

Hiya, as a social worker I just wanted to comment that child protection would've been involved immediately as protocol for a few reasons a)it involves a missing/ unaccounted for child who b) they were almost 100% aware of due to mums previous history and the fact grandmother had custody.

so there would've almost certainly been a previous open case for this family.
And just to add to this- sorry was distracted by a demanding two year old - there is no reason for child protection to be aware of any current pregnancies as most likely they closed this case once grandmother had custody and all deemed safe x

Last edited:
The mother of the man charged with murdering his stepdaughter CM has defended her “tortured” son.

“You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make them drink, or choose their partners,” Ms S, 56, told the Daily Telegraph in an exclusive interview.

“Justin’s had a pretty tortured life.

“It would hurt anyone (to have a child go through this), it doesn’t matter who you are it would hurt you because parents know their children and, you know, as I said, the mother is the one they need to talk to.”

How the C M tragedy unfolded

Is she blaming the mother and not her son?
Certainly sounds like it.

But that's what mothers do; defend their children. IMO. Who knows what on earth went on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
53051353-10412161-image-a-8_1642479640190.jpg

This photo breaks my heart everytime I come across it :(:(

CM disappearance: Inside complicated family history and grandmother's last picture | Daily Mail Online
Me too, doc. they look so happy.

KM is pregnant, the mother of a deceased child, hospitalized for whatever reasons, and as far as we know police have not been able to interview her. She is NOT an officially named POI and is still considered a victim by WS standards unless information to the contrary is published.

As per Websleuths TOS and as it stands now, she is a parent and a victim, not charged with any crime. She is not to be sleuthed, accused, trashed or disparaged and her prior history has no known relevance to this case.

Hiya, as a social worker I just wanted to comment that child protection would've been involved immediately as protocol for a few reasons a)it involves a missing/ unaccounted for child who b) they were almost 100% aware of due to mums previous history and the fact grandmother had custody.

so there would've almost certainly been a previous open case for this family.
And just to add to this- sorry was distracted by a demanding two year old - there is no reason for child protection to be aware of any current pregnancies as most likely they closed this case once grandmother had custody and all deemed safe.

I’m wondering the origin of the footprints, considering there has not been much activity on the venues social media accounts we can assume that covid has kept visitors away, making it more likely that the small footprint was from CM, was she trying to escape, or off to find her Mother. I wonder how she felt about the new baby or if she knew about that, she obviously seems like she loved her Grandmother & no doubt was happy with her, but she still may have felt some heartache &/or confusion over her mother having another baby while she was not able to live with her

The estranged father of the former private schoolboy charged with the murder of CM has spoken out for the first time, as his mother also comes forward to defend the accused killer.

J S (father) said while he had never met the nine-year-old schoolgirl - whose body was found in a barrel near the Colo River - he felt 'heartbroken' by the sad news.

Mr S revealed he had not seen his son J 31, who was charged with murder shortly after C’s body was found, for 'some time'.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10421983/CM Estranged-dad-schoolgirls-accused-killer-says-heartbroken-death.html

I’m wondering the origin of the footprints, considering there has not been much activity on the venues social media accounts we can assume that covid has kept visitors away, making it more likely that the small footprint was from CM, was she trying to escape, or off to find her Mother. I wonder how she felt about the new baby or if she knew about that, she obviously seems like she loved her Grandmother & no doubt was happy with her, but she still may have felt some heartache &/or confusion over her mother having another baby while she was not able to live with her

There is a campground about 200m away from Wildenstein. So I think that the footprints could belong to anyone.
Especially as it is school holidays.
The footprints were seen "on a trail".

(Of course, they could also belong to CM.)

az1.JPG
Google Maps

The wealthy antique dealer S***n family have owned the Wildenstein property where CM was holidaying with their son and her biological mother for two decades.

The sprawling estate is currently being operated as a wedding venue by Jn's older brother and his husband KB with the younger S***n brother staying in a shack on the five-hectare property in past years.

The nine-year-old normally lived fulltime with her grandparents, D and C in the Queensland border town of Coolangatta, but arrived at Wildenstein during the Christmas-New Year school holidays.

<modsnip>

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10421983/CM Estranged-dad-schoolgirls-accused-killer-says-heartbroken-death.html

I wonder how long it is going to be before CM's mum is stablised so that she can submit to a formal police interview.

And I wonder if police can force the issue. If there is some kind of court order the police can get that will push the police interview process along.

I hope that what she is going through now is not going to affect her recall of events and movements.

imo

and here said is just my opinion -

what a dreadful & tragic situation SA. . it’s my thought that the mother had a total breakdown when she realised that the ‘man’ she loved, had invested her future in & trusted to care for her daughter - had done the complete opposite.
The look on her face with Police in that publicised photo has always said ‘Something’ to me and now I think I understand - the hatred & despair is most likely directed toward JS.

I think it’s an unknown as to when she’ll be able to face this & be useful with her knowledge of things. It
It may be a delicate balance in respect of her mental health, as much as we want answers.

Losing a child is beyond hard (I know) but losing one in these circumstances, I can’t begin to understand how one manages to move forward. I just pray for the right support & guidance for all concerned with this little girl, who’s left such an indelible mark in her few short years .

In the full police interview it was mentioned they had knowledge of a phone conversation between JS & KM on the Thursday regarding the purchase of sandbags and fuel for the boat. It was specifically stated as a phone conversation not a text. How would LE be aware of that conversation as it was prior to CM being reported missing? Only 2 scenarios I can think of is KM advised them of this or someone overheard the conversation and has since reported it. Can any one else come up with another scenario?

IMO this Police statement led to some confusion on behalf of listeners. .. I think perhaps certain words were a bit rushed & it sounded as if there was a discussion between KM & JS about those purchases - which imo is misleading.

I worked for a longtime with a mobile network ( years ago so it may’ve changed ) - phone calls are not recorded.
Police can get a warrant to intercept / listen in / record a phone call HOWEVER since it’s been stated that these calls were on Thursday (before C was reported as missing) I can’t see that said warrant would’ve been in place.

IMO, it’s more likely that:
records of JS phone activity showed calls to the Mother
his GPS / surveillance showed trips to Bunnings / receipts obtained showed the sand purchase
his GPS / surveillance showed the Servo fuel up

And then the rest of his journey. IMO, he was on their radar from the get go ...

Surely the mother of JS cannot be supporting him. Parents that believe their kid can do no wrong can end up raising monsters.
Some parents just never want to believe what they've brought into this world.

My heart goes out to the grandparents of the child, no words could ever describe what they're feeling. I hope they get some justice and the people involved are held accountable.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I also doubt that grandmother would've allowed this school holiday visit that she has apparently struggled with- if she didn't think her granddaughter would be ok - or at the least felt obliged after meeting us and seeing her daughter seemingly do well etc.

My heart breaks for that woman x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members