Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, on 9 news 6pm the police confirmed they are looking for an unlicensed firearm - presumably for all of the above reasons.

The DS said that as far as he knew JS was not a registered gun owner. Which wouldn't necessarily mean that the firearm was unlicensed. It just could be registered to someone else - like the owners of the property perhaps.

No wonder MSM gets us all mixed up. We listen to the exact same presser that the media heard, and now we suddenly have an unlicensed firearm that is a rifle. When neither of those things were actually mentioned.

• Five Dock boat ramp, Bayswater St – January 13 between 7:20pm and 9:50pm
  • Windsor Boat Ramp, Livingstone St – January 14 between 1:30am to 1:40am
The time to drive from Five Dock boat ramp to Windsor Boat Ramp is between 54 mins and 1 hour - there is missing time between 9.50 and 1.30??

Also can someone explain if you can't float a boat at one venue why would it be possible at another - is it a tidal problem or boat ramp access. Just not understanding why the second place would be doable if the first place was not.
Also looks like JS had to stop for petrol after his last stop at Colo Road. Would he have had mud on his shoes??

Also if the blue taupaulin is also missing - could this and the gun have been disposed of after the Colo Road. Maybe as others have said when taking the boat back to the property.

We also don't really know if KM said Thursday afternoon was the last citing of CM because she was under duress of the possibility that JS had something to do with it.
If she had convinced him that he had to report that CM is missing - maybe she kept him onside by going with the story of missing from Thursday.
Possibily JS is acting very volitile at this stage, no sleep and having lots of his plans coming unstuck. Just my own opionion.
I’m sure they said blue tarpaulin was in back of red Ute when they first searched it, before CM was found.

According to the press release, they’re using DNA to identify the victim, as opposed to identifying the perpetrator.

They said the autopsy confirmed that the body is consistent with CM and they are sure of the identity, but presumably they need some other form of identification..
Yeah, they said that in the press release, but they won't disclose everything to the public. They usually check dental records for ID, but who knows, maybe the teeth are missing?

What a coward, shooting & killing a 9 year old girl :mad:

I can't imagine the terror poor CM would have went thru, it is “unimaginable” as LE have described said.

It makes me sick that he drove around Sydney ( and not just a short trip ) but for hours with the barrell on his ute on full show , special kind of evil monster this one, right up with the likes of Daniel Holdom..............rot in hell JS & may you never see freedom ever again!

I wonder if he had the gun hidden at the property from before he went to jail?

I just hope she was asleep

The DS said that as far as he knew JS was not a registered gun owner. Which wouldn't necessarily mean that the firearm was unlicensed. It just could be registered to someone else - like the owners of the property perhaps.

No wonder MSM gets us all mixed up. We listen to the exact same presser that the media heard, and now we suddenly have an unlicensed firearm that is a rifle. When neither of those things were actually mentioned.
https://www.armstronglegal.com.au/criminal-law/nsw/offences/firearms/unlicensed/

According to this article, which may or may not be accurate, there’s a difference between an unregistered firearm and an unlicensed firearm. “Unlicensed” seems to refer to the person using the firearm, and “unregistered” to the firearm itself. So a gun could presumably be both registered and unlicensed? I could have read that incorrectly though!!

Unlicensed Firearm (Unauthorised Possession of Firearm)

According to this article, which may or may not be accurate, there’s a difference between an unregistered firearm and an unlicensed firearm. “Unlicensed” seems to refer to the person using the firearm, and “unregistered” to the firearm itself. So a gun could presumably be both registered and unlicensed? I could have read that incorrectly though!!

interesting. Will wait to hear more then.

surely the police would know by now if a gun was unaccounted for at the property, and exactly what type after autopsy- I know they don't release information like that to the public but they acted pretty quickly imo

snipped for focus, and bbm

Was the original statement of KM having seen her daughter CM on the Thursday incorrect then? Perhaps a mix up by media?
I was not able to see the full presser, can only find the short 49 second one .
Was anything said regarding the delay till Friday morning in reporting CM missing?

Nothing was said about the delay in reporting. I must admit I found some of the questions difficult to hear fully. I think someone asked about KM saying CM was last seem at the Mt Wilson property on Thursday afternoon & the response was that ‘ well yes, but she’s given a few versions around that ‘ - or to that effect. In other words, I believe that’s what she was told by JS. .

Yeah, they said that in the press release, but they won't disclose everything to the public. They usually check dental records for ID, but who knows, maybe the teeth are missing?
To use dental records, the person would’ve needed to have gone to the dentist and had X-rays - maybe at 9yrs that hadn’t happened yet?

Unlicensed Firearm (Unauthorised Possession of Firearm)

Either way, the DS said nothing about the status of the firearm. Unlicensed, unregistered, rifle, handgun. All he said is that he doesn't believe JS is a registered gun owner. And that it is a small caliber firearm.

The concern for me is that if they give inaccurate descriptions and someone finds a handgun, will they hand it in if they think a rifle is what the police are looking for.

I think the DS didn't specify on purpose. They want as much public input and info as possible. imo

And if the police don't know exactly what firearm he used, how would they know if it was unlicensed/unregistered? (Which, again, they didn't say.)

I wonder what the hold up is with the DNA. Maybe there is not a rush on it, as they 'know' the deceased child is CM. She is/was missing, what other child would be in the barrel in the back of the ute.

I wonder if they possibly don't have a good sample to match up (yet). If CM's toothbrush/hairbrush/sunhat went missing or everything was washed in bleach. He had 1½-2 days for clean up.

Or perhaps the labs are really backed up due to mass covid testing, people sick with covid, people isolating as close contacts.

my son-in-law is waiting a pathology for potentially fatal cancer - waiting over 10 days now - due to backup

Has anyone thought of the possible motive for the accused killing CM being that KM may have wanted her daughter to live with them after they married and live happily ever after as a family but JS did not want CM and that’s why they may have had a fight and broken up? This break up seems sudden after KM boasted about the relationship, the way JS treats her so well and posted about marrying in the little church on the premises.

do we know for sure that they broke up ?

if that is the case, I can imagine both turning to their favourite ‘feel good’.

Well IMO JS must be into some nefarious s***.
What next - I mean this guy is some sort of wannabe gangster or something?
Maybe CM was killed due to something bad he’s into and he’s keeping schtum due to fear of reprisals?
IMO.

Either way, the DS said nothing about the status of the firearm. Unlicensed, unregistered, rifle, handgun. All he said is that he doesn't believe JS is a registered gun owner. And that it is a small caliber firearm.

The concern for me is that if they give inaccurate descriptions and someone finds a handgun, will they hand it in if they think a rifle is what the police are looking for.

I think the DS didn't specify on purpose. They want as much public input and info as possible. imo

And if the police don't know exactly what firearm he used, how would they know if it was unlicensed/unregistered? (Which, again, they didn't say.)
In virtue of the gun having been used by JS and in his possession without him having a firearms licence, then apparently the gun is unlicensed (but not necessarily unregistered, if that makes sense). (I agree, it seems weird.)

Thank you so much!

Still completely bewildered that if this was a gun on the property for vermin reasons- how JS was given any access or knowledge to access the safe etc- with his history.
That's assuming it was (in all likeliness imo) a gun kept at the property and all locked up etc as it bloody well should've been.
The gun could have come from anywhere, don't forget that JS was involved with some unsavoury characters, so he might have had it on him for defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice