Found Deceased Australia - Karen Chetcuti, 49, Whorouly, Vic, 12 Jan 2016 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
'and said they clearly saw a white Holden Commodore leave her home at 9.30pm and drive around the corner into Cardamone’s driveway.

During the next hour, he allegedly forced her to ingest a small amount of animal tranquilisers as a sedative, then bound and gagged her, and caused fractures to her skull and ribs.
'

If I have this right. . he assaults her in her home, then the tranquilizers.. then he drives her, alive, but somewhat inert, being bound and gagged, around to his place, where he spends the next hour torturing her.. . no one would have heard a thing, his sister next door away, mum away, no one else lives close by on that road, Hummdinger , help me, I think that's right.. or is there a home across the road?

Then he probably cuts thru the paddock across back to her place, and gets her car, brings it back to his place, puts her body in it, speeds off to Lake Buffalo, burns her.. ( she is still alive, just ) .. then drives her car back thru Myrtleford and leaves the car near the supermarket car park for a day or so, then takes her car up to the Reservoir, burns it, walks back a bit into Myrtleford, rings a taxi, goes home.

You are correct Troops, no one close by. Even the close houses aren't particularly close by. Across the road is quite a distance and there's cows in all surrounding paddocks - noises can be put down to strange cow moo's too I guess... I doubt there were many though [emoji26]

This murder, including torture and burning alive falls into the worst category of murder - premeditated also. The maximum sentence available will be life sentence without parole - never to be released. However, in my view, if ever there was a death penalty case, this is it. I have always been against the death penalty, but there are some horrific crimes that are way beyond keeping the perpetrator alive. I am very conflicted now.

KG1 ... You've said what many of us have been thinking, I'm sure. Except I have no sense of conflict whatsoever in this case. Imo, he will be a danger to society and particularly to females of all ages, for as long as he lives. I can't see the point of keeping him alive, nor do I wish to contribute to his existence even to the tune of cents per week. Lethal injection to end his life would be of benefit to all concerned, imo --- a compassionate mix of animal tranquilizer and battery acid should do the trick

No news yet today?

I suspect there might be an issue with texting inside the magistrate's court,, in Wangaratta... no one appears to be doing that on a minute by minute basis, so I can only assume that's one of the reasons..

Like yesterday, the Border Mail, and the Chronicle, I suppose , will bung in a precis of todays stuff around 5 pm Vic daylight savings time.

There are a couple of detectives giving testimony this afternoon, and I am deeply interested in what they say, so I am hoping that is reported in detail.... . one can only hope!!!

I couldn't agree more, I believe that he prefers prison, he gets to see his mate Leslie! Also in regards to pleading not guilty - he wants everyone to know what he did, he wants to 'be someone' in jail IMO if he pled guilty all of these details would not be released!

I just remembered, Hum , that he was the first person to inject himself right up into the case at the very first opportunity when the press arrived.. that pic of him in his ute, he drove out of his way to talk to the press.. ' I don't know what happened!!. I might have been the last to see her!.. they , ( the police) will pick on me because I am a convicted rapist, aggravated rape, 9 years, just got out, on parole !! ...'

The press figured right there, this case is now solved.

'Mr Silbert said the body was also tortured and injected with battery acid after death, and had spinal injuries allegedly caused by being run over by Cardamone’s car.

'No psychotic, personality or sexual disorder was diagnosed. ' says Dr Robson, and confirmed by Mr Watson - Munro. ....

well. It seems to me, an amateur, that if you are willing to invest the time in injecting battery acid into the body of a women you have just slowly murdered, that there must be some kind of disorder. ..

He must have been infected with some sort of psychosis while in prison.. but wait. .. Wasn't it in prison that Dr Robson said, he would receive counselling and therapy in preparation for his early release, whereupon unknown numbers of sturdy country women would be available to heal his unhappy relationship with women?..

These people, these court attracted psychiatrists really ought to be placed under a huge bond, held for 30 years, .. a sort of put your money where your mouth is, before being given any sort of credibility and weight in the matter of early release and parole of sexually deviant violent sexual offenders..

For years I've been saying that parole board members and mental health experts who declare them fit to live in society again should be required to house the prisoners they release

In their own homes, alongside their family members and pets, at their own dinner table and just down the hall from their own bedrooms, sharing bathrooms with creatures like Cardamone

That would put a stop to it, Day One

Suddenly, parole board members and those mental health experts who are instrumental in the whitewashing and release of criminals would be on their knees outside Parliament, pleading for the urgent construction of more and bigger prisons countrywide

It would go without saying (imo) that the accused is impotent / sexually dysfunctional

All the signs

and the rage that goes with it

Nine News Melbourne‏Verified account @9NewsMelb 6m6 minutes ago

Items found near the body and burnt-out car of Karen Chetcuti did not contain the accused's DNA, court heard. #9News

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...harged-with-neighbour-s-murder/?ocid=9newsmtw

'Murder accused's DNA not found at scene'

2:11pm March 9, 2017
By AAP

A hearing for a Victorian charged with fracturing his neighbour's skull and burning her alive has heard some items at the murder scene did not contain the accused's DNA...
His defence barrister, Patrick Tehan QC, cross-examined Detective Senior Constable Jason Wallace on Thursday, confirming that a number of items found near Ms Chetcuti's body and car did not contain Cardamone's DNA...

Justice Party Au‏ @JusticePartyAu 1m1 minute ago

Feeling so much for Karen Chetcuti’s mum and the Wang Girls as sickening details emerge in court as to what allegedly happened to her.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...harged-with-neighbour-s-murder/?ocid=9newsmtw

'Murder accused's DNA not found at scene'

2:11pm March 9, 2017
By AAP

A hearing for a Victorian charged with fracturing his neighbour's skull and burning her alive has heard some items at the murder scene did not contain the accused's DNA...
His defence barrister, Patrick Tehan QC, cross-examined Detective Senior Constable Jason Wallace on Thursday, confirming that a number of items found near Ms Chetcuti's body and car did not contain Cardamone's DNA...

but,, he did have a helper, a willing assistant , at the car burning.. Mr Edward George, who 'thought he was helping Cardamone in the revenge upon a drug dealer '......

those items might have Mr George's dabs and DNA all over.

Shana Morgan‏ @shana_morgan 19s19 seconds ago

BREAKING: COMMITTED TO STAND TRIAL

Michael Cardamone has pleaded not guilty to the murder of Karen Chetcuti Verbunt. Case headed to Supreme Court trial. @bordermail

Bridget Rollason‏Verified account @bridgerollo 2m2 minutes ago

Michael Cardamone has pleaded NOT guilty to the murder of Whorouly mother Karen Chetcuti Verbunt.

Ashlee Charlton‏ @AshleeJadeC 3m3 minutes ago

BREAKING: Michael Cardamone pleads NOT GUILTY to the alleged murder of Karen Chetcuti Verbunt @WINNews_Alb

Wangaratta Chronicle‏ @wangchronicle 12s12 seconds ago

MICHAEL Cardamone committed to stand trial for the murder of Karen Chetcuti. He has pleaded not guilty. Full details in tomorrow's paper.

well, well, well.. .. Not Guilty is the plea.. . there has to be buckets and buckets of money sloshing around at his disposal. Mega Buckets.

Now.. the big question. Supreme Court at Melbourne, or the Supreme Circuit court at Wangaratta ...

Wangaratta would have a slight problem for a jury that isn't aware of his previous record.. ..

It could well be changed to Melbourne.

But Karen's family and friends deserve to have the trial of her murderer at their residential locality. As do the people of Wangaratta and the Ovens and King Valley...

Jayde Vincent‏Verified account @JaydeVincent 49s49 seconds ago

Magistrate John Murphy fought back tears offering Karen Chetcuti Verbunt's family his "deepest sympathy" & said "may her spirit guide you."

Rebekah Cavanagh‏Verified account @rebekahcavanagh 1m1 minute ago

Magistrate John Murphy becomes emotional in court and offers sympathy to Karen Chetcuti's family: 'May her spirit guide you' @theheraldsun

that was a quick wrap up by the magistrate.. there were 15 witness testimonies to go thru, 3 detectives and a couple of forensic blokes up for today and tomorrow, obviously, the Magistrate had heard enough to convince him there was a case to answer with what was already put to him/her, so no need to go on.

So are they saying that these items had NO DNA or DNA that didn't match Cardamone?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d2xresearcher
Back