Found Deceased Australia - Karen Chetcuti, 49, Whorouly, Vic, 12 Jan 2016 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
'Questions were raised about the case because Cardamone was on parole and had breached parole twice.

It is understood Cardamone failed a drugs test in May 2013. His parole was cancelled and he was in custody for almost a year before he re-applied for release. Parole was approved and he was back in the community in March 2014.

Almost a year later, the 50-year-old again breached parole when he was charged in February 2015 with producing child *advertiser censored* over an image found on his mobile phone of a six-year-old girl's bottom.

Cardamone spent more than four months in custody, but his parole was again approved in July 2015 after the charges were dismissed in the Magistrates Court.

He murdered Ms Chetcuti, who worked at the Wangaratta City Council, on January 14, 2016. '

I'll be damned if can figure out just what a parolee has to do to not get parole approved....it defies rationale , and truly, the parole board must have some gut instincts, ... one look at Cardamone should have rung any number of alarm bells, and a whole lot of not very difficult enquiries would have made clear that Mumma Cardamone was not any kind of person to be responsible for the behaviour of her son.

She wasn't when he raped and nearly killed the little15 yr old on her watch, way back then. And events have inevitabley proven that Mumma may well have been encouraging Cardamone in his pursuit of happiness in regard to his peculiar sexual preferences.

I get the impression that the parole board is, and probably by necessity, city centrally minded, and along with a rosy view of 'peaceful honest rural life' and a strange belief in the 'healing properties ' of the bush, and all the good men and women who battle it out there, dawn till dusk, setting an example of a crimeless lifestyle, and therefore a suitable environment for Cardmone.

But the bush is where Cardamone found his element in annihilating women, it is where his criminal ventures began and , after determined efforts to cram as much hideous crime into his life as is possible, it is where Cardamone finally reached the pinnacle of his criminal pursuits. Murder.

I cannot help but conclude that Cardamone had some sort of pull to have his parole granted and maintained so many times, for serious criminal breaches of it.. it doesn't make sense, in the philosophy of the meaning and purpose of parole.

For those with titanium digestion, Tim Watson-Munro has released his book today.,. you will all recall that along with a Dr. Dobson, Dr. Tim Watson-Munro was Cardamone's psyche puppet at his parole hearings , etc.....

http://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/conversations/tim-watson-munro/8700832.. ( you will be able to borrow the book from your local lib if u request it as a purchase order... don't , in heavens name, contribute to Watson-Munro's pocket ) ...

It's the usual story, bloke gets ahead of himself, begins to believe he has a handle on everything, struts around as a smartypants, issuing life changing edicts ( for parolees ) and life threatening edicts for the general public ( that's you and me, peoples ) finds it all a bit unchallenging and not worthy of his immense talent so he decides to tie off and shoot up till his eyes bleed.

That's about it, in a nutshell, and consequently, Cardamone is diagnosed as a lonely guy in need of a womanly touch ,which will most likely be available up the bush somewhere, where the women cant get away so damn fast. ...

And the good taxpayers of Victoria parted out with some enormous sum of money as his 'consultant fee' over these years..... his tenure as advisor to the Parole board of Vic being a very tidy dollar package.

In a real moment of bright sparkery, Watson-Munro names his story as 'Dancing with Demons'.... except he ,Watson-Munro had all the opportunities to refuse to take the floor, unlike the victims of his patients, who's terrible, terrible death could not be further from dancing in any meaningful sense of the word, unless in a parallel universe.

:banghead::sick::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

ACA tonight interviews the woman who was raped before Karen was murdered while he was on parole.

ACA tonight interviews the woman who was raped before Karen was murdered while he was on parole.

https://www.9now.com.au/a-current-affair/2017/episode-148....

well.... she is a brave young woman, and she was extraordinarily brave way back when she was 15, to battle the justice system, the police, the courts, the locals , etc the Cardamone family, to take the swine all the way to conviction.

Only to have a sentence pronounced, 10 years, then 6 non parole, and then he's out in 6 years!!.. 6 years, for the rape and violent assault, with threats, to a child. And then sent back to her locale , without any monitoring , oversight, or restraint, back to Mumma's!....

It's too much to comprehend .. it's unforgivable.

It was interesting to learn from that program that Karen knew what he was , living next door and that she was terrified.. I doubted that she would have been kept in the dark about him, and I wonder now if the locals kept a close eye on him , but a determined rapist/killer is no match for a small village of watchers........

what a way to live knowing Cardamone lived right there, at the crossroads of Whorouly, and your kids had to pass his house to get to school!...

and of course, now all Whorouly knows that Mumma Cardamone was a loose canon, too. Two murderous people in the one house, in a village of about 200 people, if that.

and of course, now all Whorouly knows that Mumma Cardamone was a loose canon, too. Two murderous people in the one house, in a village of about 200 people, if that.

Trooper, all of Whorouly knew what Mumma Cardamone was capable of, along with her imbecile son, long before Karen's murder and long before the rape of his 15 year old victim. Whorouly is a very small community, and looking at it in context, so is that whole area of north east of Victoria. I lived in the general area for many years and anything untoward that happened in the valley was known to us long before it made the news, if it made the news at all.

The Cardamone's originally hail from Calabria. I could write a book about my experiences with some of the Calabrians in the north east of Victoria and they were all tarred with the same brush IMO. Me being of northern Italian Veronese stock didn't gel too well with the southern inlaws. Frankly they all should have been drowned at birth IMO. But hey, we survived!

ACA segment attached.

Woman attacjed as teen by Karn Chetcuti's murderer wants overhaul of parole for sex offenders.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...er-wants-overhaul-of-parole-for-sex-offenders

Thanks tgy, She is one gutsy little lady, that's for sure! I admire her and wish her peace and happiness for the future. When I watched the ACA episode tears stung my eyes as I saw and felt the raw pain she still feels.That poor girl feels guilt for Karen's murder! She feels that If she'd fought harder in court, if she'd done this, that or the other thing, perhaps MC would have been incarcerated for longer and he wouldn't have had the opportunity to murder Karen. It's that guilt that is dangerous and could destroy her and I can only hope that she is receiving ongoing professional help to get through this nightmare. My heart breaks for her! Imagine if that was your daughter. I do.

IMO Michael Cardamone should be put to sleep post haste.

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/4824630/hope-lost-victims-no-longer-trust-justice-system/?cs=53

'Tania Maxwell and Carol Roadknight – co-founders of the Enough is Enough campaign – have spent more than a year campaigning for stricter bail and parole laws, especially when it comes to repeat sexual offenders.

“We can win this war as a community, Carol and I can’t win it on our own,” Ms Maxwell said.

“There are certain types of offenders who can never be rehabilitated, but when I look a our youth crime, some of those offenders do go back in (to custody) because they can’t cope in the community and they look for a way to reoffend. It’s about looking at that cycle and how do we break that cycle.”

“We can have offenders attend rehabilitation programs, but they don’t always engage in that program, they attend so they get parole and once they get parole, they’re out - it doesn’t mean they’re rehabilitated.”

this meeting at Wangaratta last night was , for a cold icy night, pretty well attended, and while it wasn't just about Karen, it had a lot to do with the process of parole in Victoria. .. My pal said it got a bit shouty, the problem being people from political parties hoping to get a pic in the paper, and federal politicians, like the unlamented Sophie Mirabella getting on this wagon, and Derryn Hinch, when the problem and the solution is a State matter, nothing to do with federal politics .

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/4831337/mum-admits-role-in-hiring-fake-hitman/?cs=11

looks like the Cardamone's are jacking up about throwing money away on topline legal shenanigans .... Mumma has capitulated , and proud to plead guilty... ....... She pretended her English wasn't up to speed again, but no one was fooled..

Off back to the Dame Phyllis Thingemebob Correction Centre west of Melbourne, where she has been since her arrest.. she didn't get bail, ... sentencing Aug 28 th.

This shindig starts tomorrow, I believe, at Wangaratta Court house. It isn't a trial, per se, as he has pled guilty, but the components and elements of the crime from start to finish will be laid out and the sentencing for each element adjudicated.

This will go up on the website when it's over.

https://www.courts.vic.gov.au/court-system/transcripts-and-judgments/judgments-decisions-and-orders

Often, Victorian Supreme court judgements have a voice recording of the judge giving out the whole situation, but I am unsure of whether this capacity is operative at Wangaratta court, it being on the Regional Circuit, however, it is a brand new court house, at least I think that is the building where this is taking place, so it might well be voice recorded . Justice Lasry has a most appealing voice.

what happens to day at Wangaratta is , submissions will be made by those involved as to the sentence that they expect... her family and friends will table statements of the measure of loss, pain and suffering , and it is possible, but I am reluctant to call it a certainty , that his sister may submit a statement in regard to his potential for rehabilitation.. :notgood: whether the court takes on this fantasy and runs with it is a moot point. However, she does have the right to do that, and she may exercise that right., no doubt she would be up with the same fantasy when their mother comes up for sentencing next Monday..

Sure.. Cardamone can be rehabilitated, and Mumma, too. Pigs are ready to be fuelled up. . .. .

There will be submissions by the police prosecutor ( DPP bloke ) and they will probably be of a savage nature, commensurate with the crime committed, it was undeniably of a savage nature, and prosecutors rarely hold back when it comes time for submissions to the court in support of the longest sentence possible..

The sentence itself will be announced on Friday, then a jolly weekend and back on Monday to see Mumma dragged around the legal system..... she'll be still mouthing off, I bet a case of Wangaratta's finest Shiraz grapes.

Ashlee Aldridge‏ @Ashlee_Aldridge 1h1 hour ago

Michael Cardamone has just arrived at Wangaratta Supreme Court for pre-sentence hearing @WINNews_Alb

Samantha Dick‏ @samanthadick00 59m59 minutes ago

Michael Cardamone has arrived at #Wangaratta Supreme Court ahead of his pre-sentence hearing today. Details in @wangchronicle

Possible restrictions placed on Reporters tweeting from Court...

Nine News Melbourne‏Verified account @9NewsMelb 4m4 minutes ago

The man who's admitted to killing Victorian mother of two Karen Chetcuti is facing court in Wangaratta today. #9New

"Prosecutors have described the act as an horrific murder sadistically executed..."

Shannon Deery‏Verified account @s_deery 3m3 minutes ago

JUSTICE Lex Lasry says "on the face of it" Michael Cardamone's brutal murder of Karen Chetcuti will attract life in prison. @theheraldsun

Jayde Vincent‏Verified account @JaydeVincent

Justice Lex Lasry says the Murder of Karen Chetcuti is likely to attract a life sentence "how much worse does it get?" @9NewsMelb

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1000MoonsAgo
Back