Found Deceased Australia - Karen Chetcuti, 49, Whorouly, Vic, 12 Jan 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
An insanity plea? Isn't Stary only relying on medical records?

the thing is. .. I don't know what the Police Prosecutor has in hand........ the 'medical' stuff is Stary's card to play........ Maybe the DPP has a royal flush....

'The defence counsel for Maria Cardamone said the killer had influenced his mother. “His mother was labouring under a false impression that her son was not responsible for this horrendous crime,” Rob Stary said. “She was vulnerable and susceptible to his influence.”

and that's why Stary costs a lot of money....... if the Judge, Mullaley believes this, it's money well spent, I suppose..... if not..... well......bon giorno, Maria.

Yeah right. "I believe you didn't murder her son, but I'll do as you ask and have somebody else murdered".........

That is a hell of a long shot Stary is playing for Maria.... . obviously, the Prosecution had notified Maria of their intention to lay out the full force of culpability... . not that she was 'protecting' her 'innocent' son, which was the original story, and the prosecution has played a long game here, resulting in Maria pleading guilty, in the assumption that the sentence would be light.......

So I now wonder, if , despite her age, the Judge throws the book and the bookcase at her... her victim, a known criminal, long term criminal may be used to shade a few years off.. but it really shouldn't be of any effect at all , in judgement..

what an interesting quirk to this case... the horror that is the Cardamone family knows no limits, .....

'The defence counsel for Maria Cardamone said the killer had influenced his mother. “His mother was labouring under a false impression that her son was not responsible for this horrendous crime,” Rob Stary said. “She was vulnerable and susceptible to his influence.”

and that's why Stary costs a lot of money....... if the Judge, Mullaley believes this, it's money well spent, I suppose..... if not..... well......bon giorno, Maria.
e
She was not labouring under the false impression that he did not commit the crime. She has been protecting him and excusing his crimes for all of his life. I do get the thingo that mothers want to protect their sons, but if your son murders or rapes, I don't get how that mother can keep supporting him, to the extent that you would murder someone else to keep your son's awful deeds from coming to light. At some stage, don't you have to come to the conclusion that your son is a murderous bad man?

and this part of the case explains why Mullaly thought this tort should be heard and adjudicated in the Supreme Court and not the County Court.....but he is stuck with it...... despite Maria's age!....

And it explains why she hasn't been out of Dame Phyllis Correctional at all.. because she was always going to be staying incarcerated while this legal embroidery unravels.....

Just logged in: busy today - unable to follow up, so thanks for discussion all. Appreciated.

Shana Morgan‏ @shana_morgan 7h7 hours ago
Replying to @shana_morgan

Prosecution and defence both agreed the 127 days Maria Cardamone served in custody so far is an appropriate total sentence. @bordermail

Maria Cardamone will be sentenced in Wangaratta court on September 22 for her role in hiring a hitman. @bordermail

Next hearing Friday 22nd September 2017.

e
She was not labouring under the false impression that he did not commit the crime. She has been protecting him and excusing his crimes for all of his life. I do get the thingo that mothers want to protect their sons, but if your son murders or rapes, I don't get how that mother can keep supporting him, to the extent that you would murder someone else to keep your son's awful deeds from coming to light. At some stage, don't you have to come to the conclusion that your son is a murderous bad man?

One would think so. However, I knew of a mother years ago, a very rational and intelligent woman, who went into blind denial when her son was accused of a far lesser crime than Cardamone's (though still awful). She came up with every excuse under the sun - "he didn't mean it, didn't know what he was doing, he's under stress, he's not himself, he was provoked, he's a good son..." and the list went on. Denial and justification. Going to the scene, stepping it out and coming up with alternate scenarios that would somehow exonerate her son. There was never any expression of empathy for the victim.

Just logged in: busy today - unable to follow up, so thanks for discussion all. Appreciated.

Replying to @shana_morgan

Prosecution and defence both agreed the 127 days Maria Cardamone served in custody so far is an appropriate total sentence. @bordermail

Maria Cardamone will be sentenced in Wangaratta court on September 22 for her role in hiring a hitman. @bordermail

Next hearing Friday 22nd September 2017.

Yes, she has already been in prison for127 days, but she has been retained to at least the 22 Sept... it will be interesting if that date will see Maria face her neighbors live and in the elderly flesh, or if she will be made to do it from Dame Phil.....again....

"About the same time as her arrest in May, Maria Cardamone was diagnosed with depression and dementia.
Mr Stary said she planned to live at a Melbourne aged-care facility when released.
He and Mr Moore agreed the 127 days in custody served so far was an appropriate total sentence."
http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/...n-tricked-her-into-paying-for-a-hitman/?cs=11

It may be true that Maria Cardamone has dementia, but I am skeptical.

I wonder how comfy any residents in any aged care facility and their families would be to have Ma Cardamone at the same tea table with Granma?

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/...n-tricked-her-into-paying-for-a-hitman/?cs=11

Judge Gerard Mullaly said he would consider their arguments and requested Maria Cardamone be brought to Wangaratta for sentencing on September 22.

Speaking outside court, Karen Chetcuti’s former husband Tony Chetcuti said he was happy Maria Cardamone would be forced to come to Wangaratta and face court in person for sentencing...

"About the same time as her arrest in May, Maria Cardamone was diagnosed with depression and dementia.
Mr Stary said she planned to live at a Melbourne aged-care facility when released.
He and Mr Moore agreed the 127 days in custody served so far was an appropriate total sentence."

It may be true that Maria Cardamone has dementia, but I am skeptical.

BBM: Has this diagnosis been made by an accredited Aged Mental Health [ACAT/APAT] Assessment Team? or was it made by the local General Practitioner?

We trust that Justice Mullaly will consider this diagnosis put before the court to 'excuse/minimise' some serious allegations. My opinion only. :thinking:

BBM: Has this diagnosis been made by an accredited Aged Mental Health [ACAT/APAT] Assessment Team? or was it made by the local General Practitioner?

We trust that Justice Mullaly will consider this diagnosis put before the court to 'excuse/minimise' some serious allegations. My opinion only. :thinking:

I think the diagnosis was made by her lawyers, if you know what I mean [emoji6]
It certainly seems convenient timing and one would think Maria's dementia was not an issue when her son was paroled to live with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspected that the last resort would be mamma Maria's age and then claim dementia. No-one would want mamma Maria - and her translator at their tea table. Mamma Maria belongs in prison for the rest of her days, she is an evil person, she raised her son to be the heartless, brutal criminal that he is. She taught him to think the way he does, he is the product of her motherhood. They both deserve prison for the rest of their lives. :mad:

I think the diagnosis was made by her lawyers, if you know what I mean [emoji6]
It certainly seems convenient timing and one would think Maria's dementia was not an issue when her son was paroled to live with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly, Oona. Will her lawyer also claim that dementia made her harbour her parolee rapist son?

This recent 'diagnosis' of dementia didn't affect her ability to hatch a plan with Michael, withdraw funds from her bank account, arrange to meet a 'hitman' and finally admit guilt. Takes a fair bit of cognisance.

The police recordings from Mama and Michael's 'secret' conversations should reveal much about her comprehension and memory capabilities.

Michael Cardamone has launched his appeal against his sentence... this is par for the course, . it is an intrinsic element of trials, convictions, and sentences served.

I doubt if his sentence will be revoked...........it has set a landmark, and removing it, or diluting it will merely delay setting the same landmark further down the road....... but nothing is set in concrete!!......

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ardamone-appeals-life-sentence-without-parole

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]I cry for Karen. How much torture can a human survive. She lived throughout all this extreme cruelty. Karen so wanted, needed to live for her children and this monster persisted until....well...I honestly loath Cardmone. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]I wish I could put my feelings in words, I can't, not this time. I have no words. I truly truly cry for Karen. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]He sedated her with horse tranquilliser, bound her with rope and duct tape and likely left her tied up for hours in his neighbour's shed.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]He tortured 49-year-old Chetcuti for hours before killing her.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Semibold]Cardamone injected her with battery acid and methamphetamine, bashed her, fractured her skull, sexually assaulted her and finally drove her to a remote spot in the bush, doused her in petrol and burnt her to death.

Oh God he wants to appeal.
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/09/15/10/44/battery-acid-killer-michael-cardamone-appeals-life-sentence-without-parole[/FONT][/FONT]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back