Found Deceased Australia - Karen Chetcuti, 49, Whorouly, Vic, 12 Jan 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Shana Morgan‏ @shana_morgan 20m20 minutes ago

Maria Cardamone will stay in prison next week when her case over hiring a hitman is heard in Wangaratta. @bordermail

Ashlee Aldridge‏ @Ashlee_Aldridge 3h3 hours ago

TONIGHT: We speak with Karen Chetcuti- Verbunt's former husband after the mother of Michael Cardamone fronts the County Court @WINNews_Alb

'Defence barrister Rob Stary said he would not call any witnesses, including Cardamone herself, to give evidence and would rely on medical reports and submissions.'....

So Maria has the same barrister as Cardamone had, conflict of interest is how I see that, but there it is..... Interesting that since Stary has become her barrister, the DPP prosecutor has changed the timetable... and Mullaly has a valid point, he says, he cannot for the life of him understand why this trial isnt in the Supreme Court, ( instead of the County Court ) .. I dont get that either, so its nice to be in tune with a County Court Judge. ...

Anyways, Mumma wasnt allowed out of Dame Phyllis Thingemebob Correctional facility, and has to do her next court appearance via vid link from the pokey... which doesnt bode well for an imminent release.. . ..

ha.. and she has indeed demanded a translator for Sep 6th. just to make the thing go twice as long as necessary..... ..

'Defence barrister Rob Stary said he would not call any witnesses, including Cardamone herself, to give evidence and would rely on medical reports and submissions.'....

So Maria has the same barrister as Cardamone had, conflict of interest is how I see that, but there it is..... Interesting that since Stary has become her barrister, the DPP prosecutor has changed the timetable... and Mullaly has a valid point, he says, he cannot for the life of him understand why this trial isnt in the Supreme Court, ( instead of the County Court ) .. I dont get that either, so its nice to be in tune with a County Court Judge. ...

Anyways, Mumma wasnt allowed out of Dame Phyllis Thingemebob Correctional facility, and has to do her next court appearance via vid link from the pokey... which doesnt bode well for an imminent release.. . ..

Is this the same Rob Stary that is looking after Borce?

Judge Mullaly has to spread himself somewhat thinly today, as most county court judges do.. he has a matter in Bendigo to adjudicate this morning, then a 2 1/2 hour drive to Wangaratta....to there be faced with the unpleasant visage of Maria Cardamone, strung about with cardigans and crucifixes, , barking at the judge and pretending to not understand English......... demanding a translator, a macchiato,

My hope is that she gets a stiff backhander, legally speaking, and spends at the very least a year, 5 would be justice , in prison......

bbm- :floorlaugh:

Is this the same Rob Stary that is looking after Borce?

yes...Stary must be very busy,, and then, of course, the idea crossed my mind that Maria is going to be facing a very harsh presentation of her case by the DPP...... I cant believe the family are parting out with more money, Stary charges as much as the traffic will bear............. so, , all up, , for those who like a good tort, this is the stuff of dreams..

So Maria has the same barrister as Cardamone had,
conflict of interest is how I see that, but there it is..... Interesting that since Stary has become her barrister, the DPP prosecutor has changed the timetable... and Mullaly has a valid point, he says, he cannot for the life of him understand why this trial isnt in the Supreme Court, ( instead of the County Court ) .. I dont get that either, so its nice to be in tune with a County Court Judge. ...

BBM Was Michael Cardamone represented by Stary? I am confused as I thought he was represented by Patrick Tehan QC in this most recent trial.
Either way Stary will be making some "gnocchi" from Maria (gnocchi is Cardamone code for $$$ apparently).

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...o-hire-hitman-court-told-20170829-gy6jvf.html

BBM Was Michael Cardamone represented by Stary? I am confused as I thought he was represented by Patrick Tehan QC in this most recent trial.
Either way Stary will be making some "gnocchi" from Maria (gnocchi is Cardamone code for $$$ apparently).

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/m...o-hire-hitman-court-told-20170829-gy6jvf.html

you are correct, Oona, by the time I saw my error I couldn't edit it!....

But that brings up an interesting tangent, re Maria 's legal rep.. at her committal trial, she pleaded guilty to all charges... I am sure Stary was not her brief at that point,,, but now he is, and has indicated he will be relying on medical reports, ,psych reports, perhaps hoping for a reduced sentence due to her mental disability.
'
Which makes me think the DPP lady is gunning for a largeish sentence, and not Maria being released sometime soon.. Maybe the DPP is going for another landmark sentence on Maria's crimes to match her idiot son....... Nice work if the DPP can pull that off..

No tweets from usual reporters yet. No newspaper articles as yet.

Follow Up:
Source: County Court of Victoria Criminal Registrar Ph: 8636 6510

Hearing on Wednesday 6th September 2017 at the Wangaratta County Court was adjourned.

The Plea Hearing is now listed for:

Friday 8th September, 2017
9:30 am CR-17-01551 CARDAMONE, Maria To plead

Maria would be expecting a short sentence, normally, after having admitted guilt and that being a mitigating factor in her sentence, ... but then, her idiot son did the same and his sentence set a legal precedent for length.....

The fact that the DPP asked for, and got , an extension on time for Maria's appearance, and that Maria has Stary as her defence... ( for sentence hearing !!) tells me there is something up....

The fact that the DPP asked for, and got , an extension on time for Maria's appearance, and that Maria has Stary as her defence... ( for sentence hearing !!) tells me there is something up....

An insanity plea? Isn't Stary only relying on medical records?

An insanity plea? Isn't Stary only relying on medical records?

I bet he is going to go with her age , and age related medical problems....... Would she be Victoria's oldest female convict?..... I just don't know.............

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader
Back