Found Deceased Australia - Karen Chetcuti, 49, Whorouly, Vic, 12 Jan 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This from Karen's Linkedin account.

Publican

Whorouly Hotel

November 1992 – December 1994 (2 years 2 months)Whorouly, North East VictoriaPurchased a leasehold and was responsible for day-to-day operations, budgeting, planning, organising, food and beverage and housekeeping. Tendered for and won the contract to supply the alcohol for the 1994 Mountain Cattlemen's cup (a 3 day event) held in Bowmans Forest / Whorouly.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/karen-c...:1-3-3,tarId:1453022527759,tas:Karen Chetcuti

That link also says her property is no longer a crime scene
"
Search and Rescue Squad divers began searching the Ovens River from 11.30am on Sunday, but finished without finding any trace of the woman.

They focused their efforts north and south of the Whorouly-Bowmans Road bridge, about 800 metres behind Ms Chetcuti's property and along the same road as Mr Cardamone's home.

Numerous public calls were made to police since the woman’s identity was revealed, helping attempts to track her movements.

Officers also inspected two wells on Ms Chetcuti's farm.

By afternoon, it was no longer regarded as a crime scene and relatives were free to return to the property."

So he sad he was out in his yard picking tomatoes and he saw her over his fence, outside?

So then what? How did he get to her? Did he ask her if she wanted fresh tomatoes? :eek:

Humdinger, being a small community do you think Karen was aware of his previous convictions?

The big question, ( apart from where her body is, exactly ) is who drove him back from Reform Hill Lookout in Myrtleford after he drove her car up there and set it alight .... too far to walk back to Whorouly, too obvious to be seen walking , no bus, a taxi would have been advertising him being up there, middle of the night, probably.

What explanation would he have given to explain why he was there, carless? And who would he call to do this ? .. someone clever, or someone dumb.. ..

The Cardamone's are well known in the district, .. the old man used to run the school bus, the daughter and son in law run the school bus now, as well as a pool installation company, an excavation company, an olive oil business which produces high quality stuff, they used to have a Café in Myrtleford, and a Catering Company, .. the properties they live in now are well maintained and obviously working properties, well run and practical and tidy. ..

I wonder how the community in Whorouly accepted him being back in town after his prison sentence .. I suppose even if they saw the danger what could be done? .. difficult position. I wonder what they think now.. he was unusual , in that most prisoners released don't have a home and a job and a company to go back to... .... nice next-doors, nice quiet place, rather beautiful, perfect location, great pub, strong community cohesiveness, lovely little river, good roads, good farm land, not too far away from everything necessary, an area that is building itself up in to a gourmet area, with current success and good prospects of terrific success, and what does he do? Why, he just ruins the whole thing.

Great to see you back makara !!!! We have all missed you !!!!

I don't know if there are any other suspects in this crime.. perhaps her ex-boyfriend....? ... . they broke up around Xmas time, .. some other enemy in Whorouly or Wangaratta or Myrtleford? ... some cranky person in relation to her job? ...a cattle lover who didn't like Karen having Brahmins ? .. Someone envious of Karen's property? .....a stranger passing thru? Except Whorouly isn't a place one passes thru, it requires a deliberate turning off and backtracking a bit to reach it.

I am sticking with the Cardamone as the perpetrator . . .. How repulsive it is to make the police search and search and search in this hot weather in dangerous places, and her children to wait and wait and wait , knowing full well where the body is, but holding that power as long as possible. .. he ought to get 20 years for that alone.

I just don't see how she couldn't be! She lived next to them for 20 years! She lived there when he was charged and jailed previously, she lived there when he got out, she is a part of the community and serves on community committees, she collects her mail from the pub / post office, people talk and people know he's bad bad news, IMHO she just couldn't have not known!!!

Humdinger, being a small community do you think Karen was aware of his previous convictions?

I just don't see how she couldn't be! She lived next to them for 20 years! She lived there when he was charged and jailed previously, she lived there when he got out, she is a part of the community and serves on community committees, she collects her mail from the pub / post office, people talk and people know he's bad bad news, IMHO she just couldn't have not known!!!

It isn't possible that Karen didn't know about his previous crime, down to the last detail, I agree totally, H.. That young girl back in 2005 dodged a bullet, that's for sure, and probably a few other women around the area as well, it would be odd if he hadn't tried it on other women in the locale at some stage even in the short time he has been out of prison. Probably too traumatized to report it..or suspect they may not be believed, .....he almost got away with it back in the day.

I have my money on him too... I know it seems obvious, but sometimes it just is that way...
The brahmans weren't hers, they're another local's cattle. You're spot on about not accidentally passing through, you have to want to go to Whorouly, you don't by accident! Enemies? Well, you never really know a person, so that's possible!

The police, D's and Search and Rescue were seen around 6am coming back in from Lake Buffalo way which is out the other side of Myrleford and not reform hill way.

How long can police keep him in custody? I'm surprised he's not yet been charged! What do you think this means? There's just no new info at all...

I don't know if there are any other suspects in this crime.. perhaps her ex-boyfriend....? ... . they broke up around Xmas time, .. some other enemy in Whorouly or Wangaratta or Myrtleford? ... some cranky person in relation to her job? ...a cattle lover who didn't like Karen having Brahmins ? .. Someone envious of Karen's property? .....a stranger passing thru? Except Whorouly isn't a place one passes thru, it requires a deliberate turning off and backtracking a bit to reach it.

I am sticking with the Cardamone as the perpetrator . . .. How repulsive it is to make the police search and search and search in this hot weather in dangerous places, and her children to wait and wait and wait , knowing full well where the body is, but holding that power as long as possible. .. he ought to get 20 years for that alone.

I have my money on him too... I know it seems obvious, but sometimes it just is that way...
The brahmans weren't hers, they're another local's cattle. You're spot on about not accidentally passing through, you have to want to go to Whorouly, you don't by accident! Enemies? Well, you never really know a person, so that's possible!

The police, D's and Search and Rescue were seen around 6am coming back in from Lake Buffalo way which is out the other side of Myrleford and not reform hill way.

How long can police keep him in custody? I'm surprised he's not yet been charged! What do you think this means? There's just no new info at all...

I am not sure how long they can keep him in custody without charging him, I am surprised he is still in custody, perhaps it is 24 hours, which isn't up just yet, and maybe they will charge him re the car chase thingy.. that could hold him for another 6 hours, depends if he gets bail for that. It is certainly in his interest to murder any women he assaults, as his record shows, they will talk and complain and accuse and be believed and then one is hit with 10 years prison, so it makes sense that he would kill rather than merely assault at this stage . No witness would be the modus operandi now.

Bad luck for Karen that she just happened to live next door to a bloke that had this outcome hardwired. There would be no such thing as a polite refusal, from his record, he doesn't even ask to begin with.

However, the police search has not moved out of the area between Myrtleford and Whorouly, really.. 20ks?... taking in a few places in a vague circle.. it hasn't moved to Wangaratta or further on to Bright... seems that there is the conviction that her body will be in a local place, known to locals, and probably only known to locals. .

I don't see him as moving her body from where he killed her.. I know he has a ute, and nothing could be handier for transporting a body, but I just don't see it happening... I think he was cunning enough to steer clear of that. And I think he murdered her in Whorouly. I don't think she was in her burning car. Certainly no one has mentioned that as a possibility. Hard to see him driving her dead body somewhere else.....

of course, it could mean that they don't mind him being released, in the fervent hope that he returns to the scene of his crime re the body.. it isn't farfetched... .. he may want to shift it, or interfere with it, or god alone knows what with it...........

As far as I can tell, he hasn't been released from the Melbourne HQ.... which leads me to believe that he has actually been on parole .. since his release from prison last year.... I cant think of any other explanation as to how he can be held there up to this time , unless it is under a violation of parole, which doesn't need any hoo-haa or shindig about it ... it's automatic.

That would be a bad situation if it is so, for the Vic Gov.

Seems like the search around Lake Buffalo is still in progress..... I might have to rejig my thoughts about him driving a dead body around in his ute............gosh, he was a busy bloke that night... .

FYI
Channel 10 news -breakingnews - the body of Karen Chetcuti has been found in scrubland near the Mt Buffalo Weir wall, Victoria. More to come soon ... another Victorian Parole Board stuff up! :mad:

So sad, but sadly not unexpected!
I'm glad for her kids that she's been found!
Now bring on the charges!!
RIP Karen [emoji173]️

and there it is... He is being bought up to Wangaratta Police HQ, probably for a run thru of the crime scene out at Whorouly and Lake Buffalo and Reform Hill, Myrtleford in the remaining daylight hours... I still am not sure if he was on extended parole for some other crime apart from his original one for rape back in 2005, there is some talk of him being released early on that one, out on parole, committing another crime , back in prison, and then being released early yet again, but I haven't got it all straight yet, its all a bit garbled, but by golly, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a chain of events like that, at all..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paperdoll1
Back