Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never heard such a *advertiser censored* & bull story :floorlaugh:
C'mon SR put your big girl pants on.

He had intended to fill up with fuel but he missed the turn off. So he decided to go to the family shop. But missed that turn off as well and just decided to go home. Arriving home about midday.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...5f924ff14c18cd

Maybe he missed the turn offs because he had something else on his mind. :thinking:

Thanks PrimeSuspect. The article is behind a paywall so are you able to tell me who the author of this article is please? IMO Charlie Bezzina's comments have been taken out of context in this article.

Firstly it is not worrying that Victorian police have not publicly identified a suspect more than six weeks after Karen's body was found. Those of us who have followed murder cases here for years know only too well that it can sometimes take years before the perp is arrested. Six weeks is a drop in the ocean to the good men and women who are investigating Karen's murder around the clock.

And this "...He noted that police had not publicly identified a cause of death, which made any prosecution difficult.".

What a load of rubbish! The investigators are not obliged to reveal anything at all publicly and the fact that they haven't done so will not impede any prosecution whatsoever. When there is an arrest (and there will be) the DPP will be given all of the evidence the investigators have amassed in this case.

Totally agree

Maybe BR and KR were arguing up the Calder all the way to Gisborne.
Maybe the intention was to fill up at the servo and then head to the family store together and deal with what ever that previous days problem was.
2 phones pinging up the Calder one is turned off at Gisborne several hours after Karen supposedly went for her walk. The other is turned off for 2 hours and apparently last pinged near Diggers Rest. But at what time?

Just thinking about BR alibis thus far.
I was home all day.
No you were not!!! Oh that is right I forgot I took the Merc for a spin up the Calder to fix the faulty fuel gauge. Hit a bump and chucked a u-turn near the speedway, home by noon.
Now it is said that he intended to fuel up but missed the turn off. Decided to go to the family store but missed that turn off also.

Is he still saying that he hit the bump fixed the gauge and did a u - turn a bit further up the Calder? No thats right he is saying nothing, he has shut down.
With all this talk about fuel I am beginning to think BR may have actually called in somewhere to fuel up. Maybe while his phone was off, maybe he paid with cash.
There is also that afternoon uber request. Is he even a uber driver? We are yet to learn if that is fact.

I hope this case does not go cold.
I like SW have faith in our legal system and believe our cops will charge their man when they have dotted all the I's and crossed the T's.
No hurry he has that million dollar mansion to maintain.
imo

Just thinking about BR alibis thus far.
I was home all day.
No you were not!!! Oh that is right I forgot I took the Merc for a spin up the Calder to fix the faulty fuel gauge. Hit a bump and chucked a u-turn near the speedway, home by noon.
Now it is said that he intended to fuel up but missed the turn off. Decided to go to the family store but missed that turn off also.

Is he still saying that he hit the bump fixed the gauge and did a u - turn a bit further up the Calder? No thats right he is saying nothing, he has shut down.
With all this talk about fuel I am beginning to think BR may have actually called in somewhere to fuel up. Maybe while his phone was off, maybe he paid with cash.

RSBM

I have a feeling he may have said that he was going to get petrol - missed the turn off - was going to the store - missed the turn off - because he was sighted on CCTV along the way (and the corresponding pings, of course).

Then he may have changed his story to the fuel gauge fixing itself (by the time of the 2nd interview perhaps, when he shut down) because they asked why he didn't go to the next petrol station along the way. They had checked all the petrol station CCTV. "Oh, didn't need to after all, the fuel gauge was faulty, thought I needed petrol, but then I hit a bump, the fuel gauge fixed itself .. and voila, there was plenty of petrol in the tank."

Detectives have taken CCTV footage from 60 cameras at two service stations at Calder Park .....

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...i/news-story/260b168c1f12bfa5569a2db5ded7b713

33p6anq.jpg

RSBM

I have a feeling he may have said that he was going to get petrol - missed the turn off - was going to the store - missed the turn off - because he was sighted on CCTV along the way (and the corresponding pings, of course).

Then he may have changed his story to the fuel gauge fixing itself (by the time of the 2nd interview perhaps, when he shut down) because they asked why he didn't go to the next petrol station along the way. They had checked all the petrol station CCTV. "Oh, didn't need to after all, the fuel gauge was faulty, thought I needed petrol, but then I hit a bump, the fuel gauge fixed itself .. and voila, there was plenty of petrol in the tank."

Yes that makes sense SA.
Told the local cop he was home all day.
Interview one ..... I was going to fix the gauge OR get petrol or both at a garage.
Interview two a bit more probing and he shut down.

Mr Ristevski, 52, told police he was driving his wife’s 2004 Mercedes-Benz to a 'garage' to fix a faulty fuel gauge before the fault corrected itself and he returned home.

Mobile phone data indicated that Mr Ristevski’s phone was switched off for 2½ hours on the day she vanished.

Mr Ristevski is understood to have told police to direct all further inquiries over his wife’s disappearance to his solicitors, Stary Norton Halphen.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...d/news-story/42cd10dd5be25d5a89d90018c7930f7c

Yes he missed the turn off to the petrol station and the turn off to the family store because he had other things on his mind.
Did I hide it well enough?
Is there enough foliage to conceal it?
If the ground wasn't so hard I could have buried it.
Wonder how long before someone finds it?
Hope not to many people use that track.
What am I going to have for dinner tonight?
Did I turn the iron off?
:thinking:

Yes he missed the turn off to the petrol station and the turn off to the family store because he had other things on his mind.
Did I hide it well enough?
Is there enough foliage to conceal it?
If the ground wasn't so hard I could have buried it.
Wonder how long before someone finds it?
Hope not to many people use that track.
What am I going to have for dinner tonight?
Did I turn the iron off?
:thinking:

"Shoes!! Her shoes! I forgot the shoes!!!" :scared:

It amazes me where all this information comes from considering BR stopped speaking to Police after his July 8th Interview.

"He allegedly stopped co-operating with police following an July 8 interview with detectives in which he denied having anything to do with her disappearance."

http://www.news.com.au/national/vic...s/news-story/2bbe3c1ab602e2e9948986048d337aad

When did he change his story???

I think he changed his story between the first interview and the second interview he had with police last year, before he clammed up. Only we haven't heard this level of detail before.

And I think we are likely just hearing this information now because someone within the police department is giving the case a little nudge in the news, because they want some assistance.

I don't even think they want the assistance from the public (even though that is what Charlie Bezzina says). Given these particular details that have been released, I think they are looking for some information from an inside source ... one who could say a lot more if she only would help police bring her mother's killer to justice.

I think he changed his story between the first interview and the second interview he had with police last year, before he clammed up. Only we haven't heard this level of detail before.

And I think we are likely just hearing this information now because someone within the police department is giving the case a little nudge in the news, because they want some assistance.

I don't even think they want the assistance from the public (even though that is what Charlie Bezzina says). Given these particular details that have been released, I think they are looking for some information from an inside source ... one who could say a lot more if she only would help police bring her mother's killer to justice.
If he stopped cooperating at the first - When was his second interview?

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk

If my memory serves me his first interview was with the local CIU (Moonee Ponds I think) and his second interview was with the Missing Persons Unit, I may be wrong.

Let's assume that BR is responsible for KR's death and that SR knows something that could help police. What would it take for her to come out and say something?

Wouldn't she need to live somewhere else not known to him and have witness protection plus enough money to live on?

While SR could be living in fear of BR and dependent on him financially, I think it is unlikely she would come forward until she feels safe and independent on him financially.

Nine days after his wife’s disappearance and six days after fronting the press, a tired-looking Mr Ristevski was sitting across the table from one of the detectives investigating the case.
He was answering questions about the family business, the Bella Bleu boutique at the Watergardens Town Centre in Taylors Lakes in Melbourne’s northwest...................

Mr Ristevski’s interview with police wrapped up quickly when the missing woman’s husband started to shut down.
He began to think it wasn’t a good idea for him to continue to talk to police without having a lawyer present. He left that day with detectives scratching their heads. Many key questions remained unanswered.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...i/news-story/a8030e9169fc34f67427de02891661b0

Mr Ristevski’s solicitor, Katarina Ljubicic, said yesterday her client gave two long statements to police soon after Mrs Ristevski went missing on June 29, the second of which was to answer questions raised by police following their initial investigations.
Sources familiar with the police investigation said detectives had asked Mr Ristevski about his movements on the day, including where he drove and what he did.
“He’s not been asked to make another statement and he’s fully co-operated with police,” Ms Ljubicic said.
She declined to comment on Mr Ristevski’s work driving for Uber or the content of his statements.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...s/news-story/56ff650cb9bfd355be5592a6ac7e4825

On July 14, at 10.56am, the Victoria Police called a snap conference at Canning Reserve in Avondale Heights.
The media event coincided with a high-profile police sweep of the area around the Ristevski home. Police and SES searched the area behind the house while a Water Police boat looked for clues in the nearby Maribyrnong River.
Borce and Sarah Ristevski stood alongside detectives, as well as Karen’s aunt, Patricia Gray, who offered up a few nice words about her niece.
But just as she finished, a television reporter asked Mr Ristevski if he had killed his wife.
A stunned Mr Ristevski, who had grown a beard and looked like he had lost weight, did not respond.
The press conference was brought to a premature end and Mr Ristevski led his weeping daughter to a waiting police car.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...i/news-story/a8030e9169fc34f67427de02891661b0

If the 8th is the second interview that would mean that BR and probably SR had already stopped speaking to the police on the day of the snap media conference.
I guess it did appear publicly that he was co-operating with the police. Just as his lawyer had suggested.
imo

Nine days after his wife’s disappearance and six days after fronting the press, a tired-looking Mr Ristevski was sitting across the table from one of the detectives investigating the case.
He was answering questions about the family business, the Bella Bleu boutique at the Watergardens Town Centre in Taylors Lakes in Melbourne’s northwest...................

Mr Ristevski’s interview with police wrapped up quickly when the missing woman’s husband started to shut down.
He began to think it wasn’t a good idea for him to continue to talk to police without having a lawyer present. He left that day with detectives scratching their heads. Many key questions remained unanswered.

Mr Ristevski’s solicitor, Katarina Ljubicic, said yesterday her client gave two long statements to police soon after Mrs Ristevski went missing on June 29, the second of which was to answer questions raised by police following their initial investigations.
Sources familiar with the police investigation said detectives had asked Mr Ristevski about his movements on the day, including where he drove and what he did.
“He’s not been asked to make another statement and he’s fully co-operated with police,” Ms Ljubicic said.
She declined to comment on Mr Ristevski’s work driving for Uber or the content of his statements.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...s/news-story/56ff650cb9bfd355be5592a6ac7e4825

On July 14, at 10.56am, the Victoria Police called a snap conference at Canning Reserve in Avondale Heights.
The media event coincided with a high-profile police sweep of the area around the Ristevski home. Police and SES searched the area behind the house while a Water Police boat looked for clues in the nearby Maribyrnong River.
Borce and Sarah Ristevski stood alongside detectives, as well as Karen’s aunt, Patricia Gray, who offered up a few nice words about her niece.
But just as she finished, a television reporter asked Mr Ristevski if he had killed his wife.
A stunned Mr Ristevski, who had grown a beard and looked like he had lost weight, did not respond.
The press conference was brought to a premature end and Mr Ristevski led his weeping daughter to a waiting police car.

If the 8th is the second interview that would mean that BR and probably SR had already stopped speaking to the police on the day of the snap media conference.
I guess it did appear publicly that he was co-operating with the police. Just as his lawyer had suggested.
imo

Thanks Soso :)

The initial statement when Karen went missing would be more of a statement about Karen I would guess. The interview on the 8th July was more about him IMO, which is probably when he changed his story.

The rest of the info we have about tracking devices etc, have all come from other sources not the Police. I hope it's the Police leaking the info and it is correct otherwise the we don't know a great deal.

10:56 is a very precise time for a snap media conference.

10:56 is a very precise time for a snap media conference.

Yes, it is. The way that Herald Sun piece is written it almost makes it sound as if Borce, Sarah, and Patricia had wandered over to the reserve to observe the police search and someone had asked them if they'd like to make a public appeal via the attending media, so the snap conference was called ... then it all went pearshaped.

Interesting the way they pointed out that Borce had 'grown a beard'. As if it could be a fairly new thing (although other pics suggest it was not the only time he had grown a beard iirc).

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law...27de02891661b0

Yes, it is. The way that Herald Sun piece is written it almost makes it sound as if Borce, Sarah, and Patricia had wandered over to the reserve to observe the police search and someone had asked them if they'd like to make a public appeal via the attending media, so the snap conference was called ... then it all went pearshaped.

Interesting the way they pointed out that Borce had 'grown a beard'. As if it could be a fairly new thing (although other pics suggest it was not the only time he had grown a beard iirc).

It does SA.

Aunt Patricia said "We are very grateful for the police bringing you all here today."
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/07/14/07/54/police-ramp-up-search-for-missing-vic-mum

Or the police organised the searching close to home. Knocked on the secure gate or called the bugged phone and said while we have the media here near your home and we are doing a sweep of the area.
An appeal maybe be very helpful in finding further information about your missing wife and mother.
But of course BR had shut down many days before.
Patricia said "I will do it."
Tricky for BR and SR. Do you stay behind the locked gates and have Aunt Patricia appeal for your wife and mother in your absence.
Samuel Johnson a friend had appealed the day before.
Or do you stand beside Aunt P and appear to be united and co-operative?
imo

Arrggh!!Massive rumbling in the ants nest!!And I'm stood in a q at shopping centre waiting to make a teddy with my three yr old!![emoji51][emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what Ants say when they rumble? Would love to know.
Arrggh!!Massive rumbling in the ants nest!!And I'm stood in a q at shopping centre waiting to make a teddy with my three yr old!![emoji51][emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member