Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the property you are referring to is Tarn house. It has some landscaped lakes and ponds. There are some images of the property at 1 Childers rd online from an old realestate ad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the Google Earth image from Nov 2016 there is a vehicle entering the property, loaded with construction-type materials, it seems.

30lh4iq.jpg

If it was bucketing down, it may appear suspicious if a man was seen standing by a car in the rain. Just a thought. MOO

I am positive tgy is speaking about Borce, tmar. Not directed at you at all, in any way.

And you are correct that Tim Day indicated, in the presser, that it was less than 20 vehicles that required sourcing, and that he wasn't going to go into that any more ... in other words, not revealing if they had located them all or not.

It was interesting to hear that they had many, many calls about the cars on CCTV at Diggers Rest Crossing. Hope they got a lot of help from those calls.

Thanks SouthAussie.
As relatively new, don't want to tread on anyone's toes.
I did think it was Tim Daly, but didn't want to be a 'smarty pants'.

I thought TGY's superb humour, was directed against my minor correction, and felt I shouldn't have made the stupid post.

Thanks SouthAussie.
As relatively new, don't want to tread on anyone's toes.
I did think it was Tim Daly, but didn't want to be a 'smarty pants'.

I thought TGY's superb humour, was directed against my minor correction, and felt I shouldn't have made the stupid post.

You'll get accustomed to all the personalities here pretty soon, and then you will know that they are all pretty great people. This is a really nice thread - despite the sad subject - and everyone is very respectful toward each other.

No not at all tmar! It was directed at BR with his stupid moves.
In fact it was great sleuthing because it jolted my memory of the conference where Tim Day confirmed strongly 'less than 20' which is good news.

:grouphug:

Big baby Me, :blushing: started to watch Wimbledon, waiting for gentleman Rog to come on.
Thought I'ld check Websleuths, in case you 'ticked me off'.

What a relief !!!!!
Thanks for nice reply.

Next time, be careful as I am growing confident with my replies

Big baby Me, :blushing: started to watch Wimbledon, waiting for gentleman Rog to come on.

What a relief !!!!!
Thanks for nice reply.

Yes, you can definitely make light hearted conversation here. Everyone is great.

You'll get accustomed to all the personalities here pretty soon, and then you will know that they are all pretty great people. This is a really nice thread - despite the sad subject - and everyone is very respectful toward each other.

When I saw the Rainbow over Melbourne today, I thought I'ld start hinting for Sleuthers to begin planning on meeting at trial: those that are able.

Then perhaps wait, until we are sure !!!!

Yes, you can definitely make light hearted conversation here. Everyone is great.

Yes Westside.
I recall some of your great posts, and complementing you.

It is terrific that we're all here to help. Our very different personalities make this site very interesting.
We each learn from one another, and keep our minds active, listening to different ideas.

[emoji883]
Why no mention of the body of water directly behind KR/BR house? *lurker. Forgive me if I missed this*

What a relief !!!!!
Thanks for nice reply.

No need to be careful 'cause you didn't do anything wrong, we're family and we're going to get Karen's murderer together. :toast:

You rescued your doggie which is such a sweet thing & I love you for that. Is that him/her on your avatar? Beautiful! My granddoggie (DD's blue staffy 12yrs) had breast cancer-operations-chemo and we saved her but on the other side of the ops she came out with kidney failure and irritable bowel syndrome. Now she can only eat sweet potatoes and boiled chicken. It's ongoing but aren't they worth it! Luckily she's insured because the bill would've been up near $40,000.

[emoji883]
Why no mention of the body of water directly behind KR/BR house? *lurker. Forgive me if I missed this*

:welcome4:

When Karen first went missing there was an extensive search along that park by police boat & divers checked the river right up along towards the tavern and bridge.

This gives me hope that BR is taking his bro down with him.

Timing is key to crack the case say police

The witness says they saw the man before the news that Ristevski’s remains were found off a dirt road between two logs was made public.
A police statement said the significance of the timing of the sighting “cannot be overstated”.
News Corp reported police had had several calls about seeing the car recently and all were from the Mt Macedon area, where Ristevski’s body was found.

“I have every confidence we will solve this case,” Detective Inspector Tim Day from the Missing Persons Squad told reporters.
While he refused to comment about the number of suspects being looked at or who they were, he did appeal to the public to come forward with any knowledge.

https://startsat60.com/trending/news/latest-development-in-karen-ristevski-case-could-reveal-killer

Don't worry because that's exactly where the police thought they'd find Karen with her handbag & phone. Sometimes it's the insignificant things that hold the key.

I wonder if there has been ongoing surveillance of the area? He could pop down at any time to dispose of items, after the initial search.

A witness saw the car in Mt Macedon in the last week of June.
That witness articulated what they saw to someone....when?
That someone called crimestoppers and repeated what the witness had told them ...when?
Karens body found 20 feb 2017 - 5 months.
Police have in the last week been able to identify and track down the witness.
Did the witness come forward after the appeals or did police have to locate them?

This timeline up until the 27th August 2016

View attachment 119948

27th August being the day Dean called crimestoppers.
I am just wondering why Dean called crimestoppers about a truck being bogged up at Mount Macedon.
When it had just been released that phones had pinged up the Calder to Diggers and Gisborne.
Had police even extended the search up that way at that point?

Dean then went to the crime site when Karen was found, 5 months ago and spoke to LE.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...e/news-story/c0c30a0e5cb3c40bfcff881cab6515f3
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/k...big-clue-for-five-months-20170713-gxadsf.html
http://www.news.com.au/news/mystery...t/news-story/f88756de58fb638dab11ce6f9106997f

Maybe Dean was the person that reported what he had been told and what he had seen.:dunno:
(BBM)
Wasn't there a search in the north of Victoria of a property that the Ristevskis had some connection to? Up by the NSW border? Was that before 27 August? Might have got people thinking beyond Gisborne, Mt Macedon would have been roughly on the way I think.

TGY.
In one of yesterdays broadcasts, I think it was stated, now less than 20 Mercs to check....hope my memory is fine.
You may have just given a 'round figure: so ignore if that is the case.
I found it really hard to hear, but I think it was confirmed that there were about 200 of those cars in Victoria, of which 20 remained to check, but . . . this was unclear . . . I think Day was saying that of the 180 or so that had been identified, they hadn't necessarily all been excluded as the car at Diggers Rest, and he wasn't going to say how many had been excluded.

The news reports of this latest car at Mt Macedon, some are saying a black Mercedes, others are saying a car similar to the Ristevski black Mercedes. I'm wondering whether the witness was even positive that it was a Mercedes or just a similar-looking black sports car. We don't even know whether it was on the right day. I think that there's a fair chance that this wasn't Karen's car.

. . . It would be so irritating to Borce, "You can't even get your facts right!"--I can just see him longing to tell us all off, and for our information he was in a white 4WD!

I wonder if there has been ongoing surveillance of the area? He could pop down at any time to dispose of items, after the initial search.

Well, we are aware from media reports that a tracking device was removed from or had fallen off one of his vehicles. So it would not surprise me at all if there was other covert surveillance in/on areas of potential significance.

The police really want to pin this perp down, and I have a feeling that they will go to great lengths to do so. We just cannot have anyone in this country thinking that they can get away with murdering their wife, or any woman, man, or child at all. (Though I must confess that I vascillate with this way of thinking when it comes to a pedo being the victim :mad: )

(BBM)
Wasn't there a search in the north of Victoria of a property that the Ristevskis had some connection to? Up by the NSW border? Was that before 27 August? Might have got people thinking beyond Gisborne, Mt Macedon would have been roughly on the way I think.

Yes, I remember searches in other areas, too, as we were speculating about possible prior holiday locations for the family. And police were definitely asking for anyone in outskirt areas seeing any suspicious activity to contact them.

Police said they had searched a number of locations across Victoria, however they remained focused on Melbourne's north-west outskirts.

"Investigators are appealing for anyone that resides in this area to consider checking their properties for any changes or any suspicious activity since the disappearance of Karen," police said in a statement.

Detectives said they were following up several reports from the public about Ms Ristevski's disappearance.

25 August 2016
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-08-...arch-focuses-on-melbournes-north-west/7783814

When I saw the Rainbow over Melbourne today, I thought I'ld start hinting for Sleuthers to begin planning on meeting at trial: those that are able.

Then perhaps wait, until we are sure !!!!

Wild horses couldn't keep me away. Count me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme