Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once they arrest the clock starts ticking down, they need to cross all their i's and t's, it's smarter for them to get a water tight case together before they arrest him.

:offtobed:

g'night.

Gee where have I seen those exact words recently. Lol nice steal

http://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/nightlife/rochelle-jackson-on-karen-ristevski/8729702

10 minutes chat about the case. Broadcast 20/07/2017
8:55 into the discussion
Vasko apparently has got a connection to the area where Karen's body was found.
He is a former trainer of a race horse and he has got a stud which was about 20 km from where the body was found.

Is this correct????

Yes. And maybe not just Vasko ... possibly 'other family members', too.

Vasko Ristevski, the older brother of Borce Ristevski, part-owned Faltastic, a gelding trained by Mark Kavanagh before its retirement.

Mr Kavanagh’s stud on Blackhill Rd borders the properties where police drained dams during a two-day search in December.

A witness had told police they saw Vasko Ristevski at a nearby abandoned restaurant around the time of the disappearance of the Avondale Heights mother.

Vasko Ristevski and other family members were also part-owner in a number of other racehorses, including Dandino which earned $1.9 million in prize money prior to retirement.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/ka...y/news-story/e5140ff6f5cc1d49d115942a01e289ad

Yes. And not just Vasko ... but possibly 'other family members'.

Vasko Ristevski, the older brother of Borce Ristevski, part-owned Faltastic, a gelding trained by Mark Kavanagh before its retirement.

Mr Kavanagh’s stud on Blackhill Rd borders the properties where police drained dams during a two-day search in December.

A witness had told police they saw Vasko Ristevski at a nearby abandoned restaurant around the time of the disappearance of the Avondale Heights mother.

Vasko Ristevski and other family members were also part-owner in a number of other racehorses, including Dandino which earned $1.9 million in prize money prior to retirement.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/ka...y/news-story/e5140ff6f5cc1d49d115942a01e289ad

But it was said that Vasko was a former trainer and has got a stud.

Could he?

But it was said that Vasko was a trainer and owned the stud.

Could he?

I don't know, soso. It sounds to me that Mark Kavannagh owns the stud. But even as part owner of a horse there, Vasko would likely have spent a good amount of time there. Possibly other family members, too, depending where the horses they had invested in were kept.

Finally police reveal Sarah was at home that morning!!!!!
So Sarah saw her mother earlier on that morning.
So we've heard them say the night before they were discussing store figures and that they should do a sale etc efc.....
Can anyone recall, was Sarah Studying Design at Monash? If so just looking at this years schedule and it seems that around mid to end of June exams were on?
If this is similar to last years timetable , was Sarah in the midst of studying for exams ? If I was Sarah I would have been studying then sleeping and not noticing or getting involved in anything much else . I wouldn't imagine her parents disrupting her from her studies either. Were the tensions between Sarah and her mother, that have been mentioned by Karen's friends, due to pressure Sarah had built up from her exam studies .
Anyhow , wonder if Sarah was headed to uni that morning . I think her course is at the Caulfied campus and if she was driving, it would take at least an hour through traffic. How early would she have left home I wonder.

Sometimes I wonder if a tendency toward anger, and to shun responsibilities, is genetic.

(Speaking about the prodigal son and his father, of course.)

I'm with you there SA. IMO AR is a total waste of space and not worth the time it takes to even read his crazy rants on social media. I don't believe for a second that AR is involved in Karen's murder. However I do believe that it's possible that he may have planted a seed in his father's head (or Sarah's head that she revealed to Boris) that may have been a catalyst for the murder of Karen Ristevski. IMO AR feels pure, unadulterated hate for his father.

IMO Anthony Rickard is simply a wannabe - a 'hey look at me' - in this case. He had nothing to do with Karen's disappearance or her murder but for some strange reason, only known to him, he wants to inject himself into this case. He's probably seeing the dollar signs if he spills his guts with his pathetic story. He already had a criminal record prior to Karen's disappearance so it would've been relatively easy for VicPol to check him out and to keep an eye on him in regard to this investigation. The police are keeping things very close to their chest and have checked Ant out and eliminated him in any involvement in Karen's murder. And let's face it, If we don't read Ant's rants we are better off IMO.

I don't want to believe that Sarah had anything to do with Karen's murder. I just can't get my head around that one. Seriously, you'd have to be one cold hearted, callous biatch to do that to your own mother. What would've been the catalyst for Sarah to either murder her mother, or to have been a participant in, or involved in the cover-up of Karen's murder? I think it's more likely that Sarah was (and probably still is) a mollycoddled, indulged little girl who has been protected by her parents from the more ugly side of life. And I can imagine that Karen would have been extremely protective of Sarah when AR hit the scene and moved into the family household. Crissakes, what a nightmare that would have been for all concerned!

Boris Ristevski is not doing his daughter Sarah any favours right now. He needs to man up and accept the consequences of taking the life of Sarah's mother. He's using emotional blackmail on Sarah but what Boris doesn't realise is that Sarah is the weak link. Someone will crack soon and IMO it will be Sarah.

Any possibility of his links to Zac Brankovic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/nightlife/rochelle-jackson-on-karen-ristevski/8729702

10 minutes chat about the case. Broadcast 20/07/2017
8:55 into the discussion
Vasko apparently has got a connection to the area where Karen's body was found.
He is a former trainer of a race horse and he has got a stud which was about 20 km from where the body was found.

Is this correct????
The trainer and horse stud was mentioned as a connection of VR, the wording wasn't very clear, sounded like VR was trainer, but no. Few errors in that abc nightlife, text says she 'walked off one night', audio says reported her missing 3 days later, that's wrong too ..... also said phone was switched off for 2 years 🤔

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

The trainer and horse stud was mentioned as a connection of VR, the wording wasn't very clear, sounded like VR was trainer, but no. Few errors in that abc nightlife, text says she 'walked off one night', audio says reported her missing 3 days later, that's wrong too ..... also said phone was switched off for 2 years ��

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Ha ha .... phone switched off for 2 years.

the thing about the horses, the arithmetic of 'owning racehorses' is somewhat deceptive, especially when the prize money is touted, without the corresponding debit balance.. a racehorse can eat it's head off in oats to the tune of hundreds of thousands, over it's running lifetime, which is quite short.

It has to be housed and looked after, the bi weekly visit of the vet, etc... it's a bit like yachting which has been described as standing under a cold shower ripping up $100 bills, even though the wind is free..

If ever there was a way to dispense money quickly and uselessly, horses is the way, and it has always stuck me as mighty odd that it was promoted as Karen being the one a bit dicey about money. Borce's little hobby, shared with Vlasko would have cost a bomb, and all without a papertrail.

Borce and Vlasko were fringe dwellers in the world of horse racing... it's a shady area, populated by mums and dads, and odd folk with disposable money from dodgy sources looking for a bit of a thrill. There is an element of social climbing in it, too, although once in, the perspective is lost as to one's 'rank'.. it's always lower than you thought!...

The very fact of them referring to themselves as racehorse owners is a huge red flag to me... .. it advertises oneself as not quite straight, and certainly not anywhere near smartish . They were/are strugglers... ... unnecessarily so, more an addiction than choice, .. searching for some entry to break into the big time.. or what passes as ' big time' for them..

Oh the great pleasures that being racehorse owners bring!
Explains why the family businesses and financial affairs were in such tatters over many years...no winners there!

:rollercoaster:

the thing about the horses, the arithmetic of 'owning racehorses' is somewhat deceptive, especially when the prize money is touted, without the corresponding debit balance.. a racehorse can eat it's head off in oats to the tune of hundreds of thousands, over it's running lifetime, which is quite short.

It has to be housed and looked after, the bi weekly visit of the vet, etc... it's a bit like yachting which has been described as standing under a cold shower ripping up $100 bills, even though the wind is free..

If ever there was a way to dispense money quickly and uselessly, horses is the way, and it has always stuck me as mighty odd that it was promoted as Karen being the one a bit dicey about money. Borce's little hobby, shared with Vlasko would have cost a bomb, and all without a papertrail.

Borce and Vlasko were fringe dwellers in the world of horse racing... it's a shady area, populated by mums and dads, and odd folk with disposable money from dodgy sources looking for a bit of a thrill. There is an element of social climbing in it, too, although once in, the perspective is lost as to one's 'rank'.. it's always lower than you thought!...

The very fact of them referring to themselves as racehorse owners is a huge red flag to me... .. it advertises oneself as not quite straight, and certainly not anywhere near smartish . They were/are strugglers... ... unnecessarily so, more an addiction than choice, .. searching for some entry to break into the big time.. or what passes as ' big time' for them..

I think you will also find that most race horses are sold in 'shares' eg you buy a 5% for 10% share in the horse so you are responsible for the same percentage in costs associated with the up keep of the horse and of course you receive the same percentage of the winnings. All hit and miss, mostly miss.

I think you will also find that most race horses are sold in 'shares' eg you buy a 5% for 10% share in the horse so you are responsible for the same percentage in costs associated with the up keep of the horse and of course you receive the same percentage of the winnings. All hit and miss, mostly miss.

yes indeedy, but the thing about the share part,( all very shifty depending on the integrity of the accountant ) is that one 'owns' a hoof when it comes to a win, and 'owns' the entire horse minus the mane when it comes to costs, outgo, bills, bills, bills... its a well worn path to empty pockets, and even the poor damn horse doesn't die for free, the costs associated with that are horrendous.

And people like Borce and Vlasko were standout targets for those 'selling' what is euphemistically known as a 'stable'... multiple shares in multiple horses at various points around the state, some intestate, they would have been spotted a mile off..they have that look, the look that says, please accept me, bring me into your circle...

And of course, unlike wives and children , there is no tax write off for one's horse..... you suck it all up, peoples....... . I just love the description of Vlasko and his 'stud'.....!!

This all sort of has me wondering if Vasko/Borce were planning to open their own stud on the site of that burned out restaurant. Could be a perfect site for such a thing. Vasko seen skulking around there. Borce being so upset about everyone knowing how cr*p his financial situation is. The usual $$$$ signs in his eyes.

If they were planning to encourage investment.in such an enterprise. If the brothers were cooking up another half-baked scheme. If Karen was opting out of the whole idea and leaving to persue her own personal dreams, when they needed her name on the paperwork again. Tempers flaring. A plan hatching in Borce's mind to get Karen's business worth in some other way. Not wanting anyone to know that his wife is done with his incompetent ventures.

There has to be some more important (to Borce) reason for this murder. Something that burns in the centre of him. Like significant financial gain, which may symbolise his own worth .. to him.

This all sort of has me wondering if Vasko/Borce were planning to open their own stud on the site of that burned out restaurant. Could be a perfect site for such a thing. Vasko seen skulking around there. Borce being so upset about everyone knowing how cr*p his financial situation is. The usual $$$$ signs in his eyes.

If they were planning to encourage investment.in such an enterprise. If the brothers were cooking up another half-baked scheme. If Karen was opting out of the whole idea and leaving to persue her own personal dreams, when they needed her name on the paperwork again. Tempers flaring. A plan hatching in Borce's mind to get Karen's business worth in some other way. Not wanting anyone to know that his wife is done with his incompetent ventures.

There has to be some more important (to Borce) reason for this murder. Something that burns in the centre of him. Like significant financial gain, which may symbolise his own worth .. to him.

no one would have had any difficulty in persuading V and B to have a 'stud'..... I can hardly type this without snorting. Artificial insemination would be the go, and the rolls of 100 dollar bills would be peeled off the stack at warp speed... then the upkeep of the mares, because surely V and B wouldn't be into the stallions and mare things, that's a dangerous occupation and not for the amateur, but then, ... Anthony might lend a hand, or ... oh it's too much.

'Dad I might out come to up the stud last week message leave me '... this sort of scheduling.....

and who burned the 'restaurant ' down??... I wonder how much it was insured for....

and oddly.. for a bloke who's wife is found after months of anxiety and speculation , dead, half naked , half buried , exposed to the elements not far from home there doesn't appear to be a whisper of another woman sending Borce into a frenzy of sexual desperation. ... most obvious suspected murderers of wives usually have something like that dancing around the edge , either longing to be acknowledged as the next Mrs Ristevski or so embarrassed they are found years later running a pistachio stall in downtown Moscow.

Nothing of this nature appears to be clinging to Borce. I find that a tiny bit endearing, in a way..... however I do think Borce was in love with money and nothing much else..the prime mover , so to speak.

So BR was allegedly in Diggers Rest. Does VR live in Diggers as well as AR?could it be that something happened to KR in Diggers- perhaps they went to Diggers together to confront someone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pey