Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have seen SR with a small dog on a google earth image at her grandparents (BRs parents) house in Maidstone, so I think most of us would think she owns a small dog.

Why do you ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No real reason. I guess it just popped into my head.

If I were mad and stormed out the house to walk it off, I'd take my dog. If they had a dog/cat and she was murdered in the home, there would likely be more fur on her body than if she had walked out the home herself. Makes no difference to my theories I guess because we will probably never know what, if any, fibres were found on her body.

End Ramble...

I am sharing a sequence of frames from the best quality CCTV video versions I could find (URL referenced below),
and attempted to register each frame to keep the black Mercedes relatively still during one sequence. Honestly, it doesn't
seem to help me much, but maybe it will help someone else.

Processing Steps:
1. Download MPEG-4 video file from Youtube (referenced below)
2. Extract single frames in uncompressed PNG format using FFMPEG
3. For times between 00:51 and 00:52, display each frame registered to one another by hand
4. write new uncompressed PNG file for each frame of interest
5. using ImageMagick convert dot exe tool, create animated GIF

I created a b/w version (using only the Intensity channel from a RGB-->YCbCr color transform) and a color version.
Black and white version should have the best spatial detail:

attachment.php

while the color version has less detail, and some color artifacts due to 256 color pallette limit of GIF file format:

attachment.php

Regards,
-mike

source video here:
[video=youtube;KirC_LqKCjw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KirC_LqKCjw[/video]

Attachments

• karen-gray.gif
    karen-gray.gif
    667.2 KB · Views: 187
  • karen-rgb.gif
    karen-rgb.gif
    776.5 KB · Views: 188
One more quick point to make.

I grabbed a similar vehicle 3D model of a Mercedes Benz SLT from Trimble 3D Warehouse:
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/1dbb24dedcb23beab1bb46d2556ba67d/Mercedes-Benz-SLK350

Rendered with approximate camera view and sun angle to see what we can see through the windows, and what car interior
shows up. There are NO people in the car on either side in my simple render.

Compare the 3D CAD model render and the news.com.au CCTV still frame and see if you still think a person might be in passenger side. I don't have an opinion yet, simply just wanted to create a comparison.

attachment.php

This is a quick post, so if I missed any detail or you have any questions about how I created, just ask. thanks

-mike

Attachments

• compare.PNG
    compare.PNG
    103.1 KB · Views: 186

I grabbed a similar vehicle 3D model of a Mercedes Benz SLT from Trimble 3D Warehouse:
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/1dbb24dedcb23beab1bb46d2556ba67d/Mercedes-Benz-SLK350

Rendered with approximate camera view and sun angle to see what we can see through the windows, and what car interior

Compare the 3D CAD model render and the news.com.au CCTV still frame and see if you still think a person might be in passenger side. I don't have an opinion yet, simply just wanted to create a comparison.

attachment.php

This is a quick post, so if I missed any detail or you have any questions about how I created, just ask. thanks

-mike

I think the clue to whether a passenger is in this type of car might be in the two semi-arched structures below the 'roofline' of the CAD model render.

It's very hard to tell if there is a passenger in Karen's car in the news.com.au article because of the visual distortion.

[Thanks again for your help, Mike x]

Snipped by me.
I am sharing a sequence of frames from the best quality CCTV video versions I could find (URL referenced below),
and attempted to register each frame to keep the black Mercedes relatively still during one sequence. Honestly, it doesn't
seem to help me much, but maybe it will help someone else.

Processing Steps:
1. Download MPEG-4 video file from Youtube (referenced below)
2. Extract single frames in uncompressed PNG format using FFMPEG
3. For times between 00:51 and 00:52, display each frame registered to one another by hand
4. write new uncompressed PNG file for each frame of interest
5. using ImageMagick convert dot exe tool, create animated GIF

I created a b/w version (using only the Intensity channel from a RGB-->YCbCr color transform) and a color version.
Black and white version should have the best spatial detail:

while the color version has less detail, and some color artifacts due to 256 color pallette limit of GIF file format:

Regards,
-mike

This is great Mike. Thanks for your time in doing this, plus providing detail on the process. You've inspired me to try something myself. I'll see if I can replicate your work by using Motion Tracking in Adobe After Effects, perhaps trying it with the front-on view (as AE tracks scale too). It won't improve the quality but it's a good learning exercise for myself.

Also, the rear-view mirror mount on the windscreen is pretty chunky, which is common when dash cams are installed there.......what if?

Thanks again!

attachment.php

-mike

from this example of the two cars and the slo mo cctv ( great work) looks like one person in the car to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

attachment.php

-mike
Thanks Mike, completely brilliant ...... totally clears up a lot for me, am now convinced there's just the driver in the car, will focus on him ..... I think I pick up a mannerism when he tilts his head, h'mm, I've seen that before from one of our cast of characters .... and you can see the hairline quite clearly [emoji848] .....

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Thanks Mike, completely brilliant ...... totally clears up a lot for me, am now convinced there's just the driver in the car, will focus on him ..... I think I pick up a mannerism when he tilts his head, h'mm, I've seen that before from one of our cast of characters .... and you can see the hairline quite clearly [emoji848] .....

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I'm also convinced that there is only the driver in the car.

Thankyou to Mike for your brilliant work also. That answers many questions for me as well.

Also clears up that 'object' in the middle for me. I can clearly see now that it is the rearview mirror, which extends down quite a bit .. as some had suggested before.

Thanks, Mike!

Still puzzled about the blacking out of the rear passenger side window though. Particularly when the other rear side window does not appear blacked out to me, as I can see through that one.

Wow , so SR took a 3 month overseas trip. I hope she's come home stronger and true to herself and finally opens up to the investigations team and answers all the questions required to help solve her mums murder.
Cmon Sarah be brave and tell police what you know. Your mum is looking over you , show her how much you really loved her. It's never too late.

moreinfo...How did you find out that Sarah took a 3-month overseas trip as I haven't seen anything about it in the media?

No real reason. I guess it just popped into my head.

If I were mad and stormed out the house to walk it off, I'd take my dog. If they had a dog/cat and she was murdered in the home, there would likely be more fur on her body than if she had walked out the home herself. Makes no difference to my theories I guess because we will probably never know what, if any, fibres were found on her body.

End Ramble...

Hi Laptop.
Good thinking about fur. Also if cuddled dog, prior to disappearing, fur remains on clothing, months later!
However some little dogs don't shed fur.
In answering this, several of my past little things, that didn't shed fur, when no longer around, fur bundles are found.
? clumps fall out, after grooming, as tangles left. Or do they shed, but very little.
Years later, I find reminders of them: by distinct colours!

I have 2 little bags of their fur, of my past grooming efforts, and intend ONE day, to learn how to weave these into 'whatever'.

Wow , so SR took a 3 month overseas trip. I hope she's come home stronger and true to herself and finally opens up to the investigations team and answers all the questions required to help solve her mums murder.
Cmon Sarah be brave and tell police what you know. Your mum is looking over you , show her how much you really loved her. It's never too late.

IMO there's only one animal in that house & his arse is near cooked.
:lol: :lol: You kill me with some of your responses, tgy!

moreinfo...How did you find out that Sarah took a 3-month overseas trip as I haven't seen anything about it in the media?

This is news to me too, matey!! We had a discussion of her whereabouts but we were all speculating, i.e. she could have gone overseas or had a breakdown and whisked away somewhere, even thought she may be under police protection and gone into hiding. No concrete evidence of anything! Moreinfo, where did you hear/read that Sarah took a 3-month trip overseas? Please share :D TIA

Also, a big thank you, michael.gartley for your input re CCTV video/images of Car..much appreciated!

Attachments

• depositphotos_94007206-stock-illustration-traffic-control-dog.jpg
    depositphotos_94007206-stock-illustration-traffic-control-dog.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics