Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #15 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vlasko has probably taken the 'Tony Mokbel' route, thru the Gateway to Greece via Broome... .

Next thing, we'll see Vlasko with a bad wig having an espresso in some Albanian café, with two armed guards nearby.

Oh Trooper your a bloody legend.

Sure.. most, if not all barristers do legal aid work, but that isn't Borce's choice, nor Stary's. it goes before a panel , which checks into Borce's financial situation, ( that should take about 3 minutes ) then the risks are assessed by the panel.

The fact that Borce is facing jail time of an indeterminate nature, but most likely at least 20 years before the possibility of parole, or even the limit, life without parole ( I doubt Borce fits this criteria ) has a great bearing on whether one is even assessed. These days, it is only prison time in the offing that Legal Aid is appointed. But not always. And not necessarily Borce's choice of barrister.

And not even Stary can change that. The Legal Aid panel might not agree with the process Stary has in mind, and appoint another , more efficient silk. This is public money, State Taxes money, and all accountable for, and comes out of The Public Purse Fund, run by Bevan Warner, a Govt appointed Executive , assisted by a rotating panel.

Of course a barrister is briefed. The trial will take place in the Supreme court, due to the gravity of the charge, and that generally requires a barrister who is au fait with the intricacies of the Supreme court. It is rare that a solicitor represents anyone in the Supreme court. Magistrates court, County court, yes.. but not, usually the SC.

I don't think the lawyer has to be the panel's choice.

As a private firm, our Criminal Defence Lawyers undertake both privately funded cases and legal aid cases. We can apply for legal aid on our client's behalf (conditions apply) in both summary and indictable crime. Our expertise in Criminal Law has enabled us to be one of the few firms on the Victoria Legal Aid's Indictable Crime Panel.

. . . and following paragraphs. http://www.starylaw.com/about-us/privately-funded-criminal-defence-or-legal-aid

The Avondale Heights home is beautiful but really who would want to live there after all the publicity in this case?

After BR's arrest today, I wonder if it will still be leased out as previously planned OR sold to help pay for the ongoing legal fees... It would be interesting if the house has been left to Sarah in Karen's Will.

I wonder if Sarah will be returning home from her overseas holiday after hearing about her father's arrest today?

Oh so many questions...I still have to pinch myself to believe that today BR was finally arrested as we've been waiting for this for the past 18 months...A very frustrating case for the Victorian Police and well done.

Finally justice for Karen can begin !!!

I don't think the lawyer has to be the panel's choice.

As a private firm, our Criminal Defence Lawyers undertake both privately funded cases and legal aid cases. We can apply for legal aid on our client's behalf (conditions apply) in both summary and indictable crime. Our expertise in Criminal Law has enabled us to be one of the few firms on the Victoria Legal Aid's Indictable Crime Panel.

. . . and following paragraphs. http://www.starylaw.com/about-us/privately-funded-criminal-defence-or-legal-aid

merely curious, but what do you think this bit ' conditions apply' means? ..

Any comment From AR?

No looking back through the thread last mention16 Nov, about a month ago.
Wonder if it was really his body part?

I have been expecting something from him to pop up....

I wonder how his book is going?

I guess there will be a story on A Current Affair tonight with these latest developments, as they have been following Karen's case closely from the very beginning...Look out VR.. :hills:

No looking back through the thread last mention16 Nov, about a month ago.
Wonder if it was really his body part?

I have been expecting something from him to pop up....

I wonder how his book is going?
He cant be far way?

I guess there will be a story on A Current Affair tonight with these latest developments, as they have been following Karen's case closely from the very beginning...Look out VR.. :hills:

Wasn't it aca, ant was suing?
Wonder how that is progressing?
Boy oh boy ...the twists and turns.
Who's name is gong to be first to appear on the Vic court list?
:facepalm::thinking::sigh:

Melbourne police worked hard on mainly a lot of circumstantial evidence so pleasing to see that their hard work has finally resulted in an arrest. Following a case like this makes you realise just how tough LE have to make a solid enough case to make an arrest.

No doubt the person will plead innocence until his dying days so let's hope justice does prevail.

Big Hugs Steve, while we get excited over the great news - please know it's done with heavy hearts. I lurk most of the time here but am sure everyone is sending comfort vibes to your extended family. There's still a long way but thank goodness it's started.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness the radio guy from the other day - was it sly [emoji848]I can't think but he was on the money !!!! Someone here said they fully trusted his comments too x just when we thought the change in Police boss may cause delays !

There is a means test (income and assets) and also guidelines as to what sort of matters can be assisted. But the range of matters appears quite wide--from a glance.

https://handbook.vla.vic.gov.au/handbook

Legal Aid is public money, publicly allocated out of state taxes on a year by year basis. It isn't a barrister - run organization, that barristers can dip into in the interests of their clients. ...

And like public money, managed by a gazetted Public Servant, answerable to the Crown, it has far more requests for assistance than funds.

This is where the panel comes into the equation. Borce's plea would be assessed as either winnable, or important as a legal precedent, perhaps, the likelihood of prison, the gravity of the crime, the social implications of the crime ( because this is, I repeat , public money. No government is in the business of assisting criminals to access highprofile barristers at whim )

Should Legal Aid agree to finance Borce, it would be on the basis that Stary had set out a defence that adhered to understood guidelines, had veracity and integrity, and cast a degree of doubt over the claim as to make the possibility of being found not guilty likely.

So Stary has to cut the coat of Borce according to the cloth allocated to it, and under the supervision of Legal Aid.

Nothing is free, you know. Everything has a price tag, and there is no such thing as Free Legal Representation. It isn't called Aid for nothing. It's because it AIDS the defendant in his /her pursuit of justice, should the panel find the money will be used according to Legal Aid guidelines.. .. not Rob Stary/Borce guidelines.

That's what 'conditions' will apply in this legal filigree.

Big Hugs Steve, while we get excited over the great news - please know it's done with heavy hearts. I lurk most of the time here but am sure everyone is sending comfort vibes to your extended family. There's still a long way but thank goodness it's started.

Yes ... heavy hearts.

For Karen's birth family, this is another reminder of how this beautiful lady was murdered, senselessly, and by her own husband.

There is still a long road ahead for them. Likely, a couple of years before a final outcome.

And along the way there may be attempts to smear Karen further, while Borce has the luxury of no bad words published about him until the trial is over.

And now Borce won't have to be concerned about employment or a place to live. He can sit back and dream up all the doomed money-making schemes he likes. We will all be paying for his accommodation and meals, and probably his legal fees.

As you say, thank goodness the process has started. He deserves not one minute more of freedom.

You reap what you sow.

In the end if you do something dishonest, karma will catch you.

VR your days may be numbered.

For justice always comes one way or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x