Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #15 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've started a betting book around the office.. how long will Borce last with the not guilty claim?.. lots of factors.. on remand over the summer in Melbourne.. horrible . Horrible.

Money for Rob Stary.. that cant last very long. And there isn't that much, really. He is going to have to hand himself on to a Legal Aid boffin, at some stage.

And if he keeps on being pigheaded about it, he loses out on any discount on sentencing, with the not guilty shenanigans.

He wont get bail , not on this charge and not after dodging the cops for a year.. that doesn't make a good look on a bail application, plus he would have dual passports. An application for bail adds up on the total cost, too.. .

oh well !!... we'll all have a big shindig on Emirates front lawn, all snuggled down in swags, we may even need our own designated tram down William St.

He has to blab. Has to. Karen never left that house alive, and Borce got help . For sure. No point in not blabbing really . It is hard to imagine Borce doing that scouting around Mt Macedon, the preparation, the transport of the body, the burial, the drive home, alone.. I just can't see it.. Someone was in on it.

Well if this witness report becomes hard evidence as well that more than one person was involved , we should see more happening in the next few days I hope.

"As police close in on the killer of Melbourne woman Karen Ristevski, a new witness has come forward, claiming to have seen two men near where her body was found around the same time she went missing.
However it is his description of the pair that has stunned police.

No more than 200 metres from where the missing mum’s body was found, the new witness claimed he saw two strange men bogged in a truck and their appearances matched the description of Karen's husband Borce Ristevski and his brother Vasko, reports the Herald Sun."

The brother of Karen Ristevski has issued a statement in wake of her husband, Borce Ristevski, being charged with her murder.

In a statement, Steve Williams said today has been a “surprisingly emotional day” which he has been “patiently waiting for”.

“It is in no way a celebration, it’s another stage in brining my beautiful sister Karen the justice she so deserves,” the statement read.

Mr Williams also gave a “huge thank-you” to the Missing Persons Squad, work colleagues and cousins who have been “very supportive through these long last 18 months”.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/12/13/08/49/man-charged-with-murder-of-karen-ristevski

Anyone else find it interesting that murder was the only charge? Considering her body was moved to Macedon you’d think interference with a corpse would be another charge? GBC got charged with both when the Alison Baden clay trial happened.

I'm 15 minutes away from Law Courts - party at mine closer to the date.

We'll have to meet at a pub, and make arrangements, all supporting one another.
Or let's just meet, as so pleased.

Anyone else find it interesting that murder was the only charge? Considering her body was moved to Macedon you’d think interference with a corpse would be another charge? GBC got charged with both when the Alison Baden clay trial happened.

Further charges could be pending

Melbourne police worked hard on mainly a lot of circumstantial evidence so pleasing to see that their hard work has finally resulted in an arrest. Following a case like this makes you realise just how tough LE have to make a solid enough case to make an arrest.

No doubt the person will plead innocence until his dying days so let's hope justice does prevail.

Sending love to you and to Karen’s family, Steve. It must have been such an incredibly sad and frustrating 18 months for all of you and it’s not over yet. Praying that justice is done for all of you and especially for Karen x

What would the deal be though? A confession telling all, for a shorter sentence? Or giving up accomplices?

Yes, possibly both, wonder if he will throw anyone under the bus with him. I'll be there to watch him squirm.

I could be wrong but I think “interference with a corpse” is only in Queensland. Anyone know/remember?

GBC’s family was involved in the cleanup after Allison’s murder and they weren’t charged with anything. Maybe VS might escape too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"This man doesn't have any history and we want the matter expedited," Mr Stary told the court.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/b...eaks-after-murder-charge-20171213-h03yo1.html

History of what, murder?
Where is Stary headed?
It was he that named Boz as the NO 1 suspect at speed, as soon as Karen was found ... unusual to say the least.
Did Stary want these charged laid sooner rather then later?
Squabbling over a 2 weeks extension.
What is two weeks, when the family have waited for so long for justice. Yet, the man the loving husband, with no history appears to have not co-operated with the police at all.
imo

I could be wrong but I think “interference with a corpse” is only in Queensland. Anyone know/remember?

GBC’s family was involved in the cleanup after Allison’s murder and they weren’t charged with anything. Maybe VS might escape too.

https://www.criminalsolicitorsmelbo...nce-to-interfere-with-corpse-of-a-human-being

It's also an offence in Victoria
Section 34B of the Crimes Act 1958.
The prosecution must prove:

1. The defendant intentionally interfered with or committed an indecent act with the corpse of a human being; or
  2. The defendant unlawfully removed body parts from the corpse of human being.
The maximum penalty
Level 6 imprisonment being a maximum of 5 years.

What new evidence allowed the police to pounce?
Carpet fibres found on Karen?
What.

What new evidence allowed the police to pounce?
Carpet fibres found on Karen?
What.

It is understood police were advised at least a month ago there was sufficient evidence to charge.

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/na...death-of-karen-ristevski-20171213-h03kmb.html

and they waited just a bit longer to lay charges of murder because?

I wonder who has been interviewed in the last month?

I am really surprised that there were no R's there to support Boz.

So glad there has been an arrest in Karen's death finally.
Maybe the header on here needs to be changed to "Arrest" in this sad case?

Dont forget the it doesn't always go down like it was planned, like they thought a year ago.

Good work for the detectives, right before xmas. Hmmm.

Stary's firm undertakes legal aid work. However, I think it's likely a barrister will be briefed as well. Some barristers also do legal aid work.

I am relieved that they have finally arrested BR. I wonder what the piece that got him was? Also, what about his brother? Wonder if he has any comment?

I think VR's comment would be that the 53 year old Avondale Heights man arrested for Karen's murder was somebody else, not his brother. ;)

Stary's firm undertakes legal aid work. However, I think it's likely a barrister will be briefed as well. Some barristers also do legal aid work.

Sure.. most, if not all barristers do legal aid work, but that isn't Borce's choice, nor Stary's. it goes before a panel , which checks into Borce's financial situation, ( that should take about 3 minutes ) then the risks are assessed by the panel.

The fact that Borce is facing jail time of an indeterminate nature, but most likely at least 20 years before the possibility of parole, or even the limit, life without parole ( I doubt Borce fits this criteria ) has a great bearing on whether one is even assessed. These days, it is only prison time in the offing that Legal Aid is appointed. But not always. And not necessarily Borce's choice of barrister.

And not even Stary can change that. The Legal Aid panel might not agree with the process Stary has in mind, and appoint another , more efficient silk. This is public money, State Taxes money, and all accountable for, and comes out of The Public Purse Fund, run by Bevan Warner, a Govt appointed Executive , assisted by a rotating panel.

Of course a barrister is briefed. The trial will take place in the Supreme court, due to the gravity of the charge, and that generally requires a barrister who is au fait with the intricacies of the Supreme court. It is rare that a solicitor represents anyone in the Supreme court. Magistrates court, County court, yes.. but not, usually the SC.

If Sarah is still travelling overseas. One would assume she would be on the next flight back to visit and support her father.
Is she really overseas?
I can't help but wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members