Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew that Tootsie. :)
I am just livid.
Lies, lies and more lies.
Will Karen's family and loved ones ever learn the real truth?

Imagine him watching the search along the river outside his house knowing full well Karen was not there nor her bag.
I imagine he would get power in that thinking 'I'm winning here'.
I know, I'm going a bit frantic. Not wanting to think that someone could do such a terrible thing and keep lying about it.
I don't know how people live with themselves.
It would eat away at me that I took away someone's life while I was free to live mine.
And I just hate it when some get away with it.

It looks like he did do it. He must have felt unconcerned that they were dredging the river.

If a family member at the house holds up a sign ...warning the place could be bugged..in those very early day...

Her Aunt was there within a day...and that's what she stated....she sensed something was off...

Anything caught on tape after that could possibly be seemed contrived conversations.....especially months later.

Didn't borce... even months later mention he couldn't talk because his phones could be bugged..

A tracking device on Borce's vehicle was either found or fell off in Feb 2017.

Nothing that was caught on tape months later IMO can be trusted as a casual conversation. ...IMO...these individuals were on edge..from day 1 and carefully constructing their conversations within the home, on phones...

Something is really off here ... smells of misdirection.. ..

Not sure if I would, ever want to remember that place again.. But then I am not a murderer:(
He’d have to remember if reports he returned are true...
Gary Salt says he saw a man with a shovel about midnight in the area .

And if reports that someone saw borce and vasko are true , they knew they had to try and relocate Karen .
Local man, Dean, told police and revealed to Herald Sun he saw two men bogged in a small white truck about 200 metres from where the body was found at Mount Macedon, northwest of Melbourne.

Dean said the men resembled the description of Borce and his brother Vasko.

Re Shoes

It is understood Victoria Police are yet to determine whether Ms Ristevski was wearing shoes when she left her home in Melbourne’s northwestern suburb of Avondale Heights on June 29.

Her husband, Borce, has told police she left the home at 10am after an argument to “clear her head”. He said she left with a Coach-branded handbag with $850 of cash and went for a walk near the Maribyrnong River behind the house, where there is a walking track.

Sept 2016 article
Nocookies
I can understand why Borce had to make up some clothes for Karen to go 'walking' in, but why throw in a bag and a wad of cash in his story? Not usual to go out walking near home with a proper handbag IMO. They are red herrings for a reason.

Wouldn't be surprised if it comes out that a few of the listening devices in the house 'mysteriously' stopped working. Just like the tracking device on Borce's car that 'mysteriously' disappeared. Maybe they thought they had rid the house of them, but evidently, missed a few. Could be a reason for all the moved furniture.

Oh how paranoid they must have been :cool:

September 7, 2016
CCTV footage from a Chemist Warehouse and a TAB in Milleara Rd was also taken by police.
Though, it is believed the footage had failed to capture any vision of Mrs Ristevski or of her car.

Category: | Herald Sun
Missing mum CCTV clue: Karen Ristevski’s car possibly caught on camera

Borce - I am not telling anyone what I did.
Sarah - I won't be saying anything. You stopped on Milleara Road then went elsewhere. That is the only thing I remember you saying.
Sarah - You pinged up the Calder. You were not home, and your phone was off for 2 hours.
So you were driving?

Category: | Herald Sun
Ristevski latest: Daughter Sarah’s questions to Borce aired in court

The mechanic's cctv did not check out as Aunt P had hoped.
Maybe the stopping on Milleara Road story was another load of crap. I went to the chemist or to the tab.

Didn't we know Borce was driving Karen's car before 21 December 2016, anyways?

It was stupid of BR to have said to his daughter that he was buying 'shisha' and didn't know if it was legal, and that is why he hadn't mentioned it.... it would only make sense therefore, that when we also hear that he turned his phone off for apparently 2 hours (is he disputing that he did this though?), it would also be to avoid detection while purchasing said shisha.

We (and the world) now know that BR was knowledgeable and thinking in terms of avoiding detection while performing potentially criminal acts, omitting potentially incriminating information, etc.

It seems that he has forever lost the opportunity to have simply said it got turned off by accident, or that he was unaware, or that his phone can tend to do that on its own if it might get bumped, or whatever.

"Details of a conversation between Sarah Ristevski, 22, and her father were revealed in open court today.

The conversation was obtained by a listening device after a police warrant was obtained for covert surveillance.

In it, according to prosecutor Matt Fisher, Sarah questions her father about what he did on the day Karen disappeared.

“I went to get shisha,” Mr Ristevski said in reference to the smoking tobacco, according to the crown.

“Did you?” Sarah asked.

“I didn’t say anything because I didn’t know if it was legal,” Mr Ristevski told her.

“It is,” Sarah replied.

She then allegedly told her father there was one thing she did not understand.

“You know what I want to know? You’re out of the house for two hours, your telephone is off for two hours. You were driving and you turned your telephone off,” she said.

Mr Ristevski told her: “That’s what (police) are trying to plant out there, Sarah.”

“That doesn’t make sense,” she said.

“Nothing makes sense, they’re making it up as they go along.” Mr Ristevski said."

Ristevski daughter grills dad

There’s a tobacco station in milleara mall. Maybe owner could verify if he regularly supplied Borce shisha ?
Otherwise heaps of businesses down Sydney rd would sell this.
Just trying to think why they would look st CCTV footage from businesses in coburg .
“Areas of interest were scoured by land and air, while police also examined hundreds of hours of CCTV footage from neighbours’ homes, businesses in Coburg, the Toolern Vale General Store and two BP service stations at Calder Park.”

There’s a tobacco station in milleara mall. Maybe owner could verify if he regularly supplied Borce shisha ?
Otherwise heaps of businesses down Sydney rd would sell this.
Just trying to think why they would look st CCTV footage from businesses in coburg .
“Areas of interest were scoured by land and air, while police also examined hundreds of hours of CCTV footage from neighbours’ homes, businesses in Coburg, the Toolern Vale General Store and two BP service stations at Calder Park.”

I suspect either they had a tip regarding Sydney Rd, or else one of the phone pings that were distant (like the Lara/Geelong) ping from his alleged route to Mt Macedon and back home happened to be to a tower in Coburg.

There was also speculation that the mention of Coburg was an error by the media, due to confusion with another murder case that was in the news at the time.

Yes and who carries that much cash with you if you are "just going for a walk to clear your head"

Oops I often go walking with my handbag even if just to the local shop. But I wouldn't carry that much cash if I was just going for a walk.

Well I never take my bag out for a walk because the shops are too far away, but if I'm going walkies, I do always wear proper footwear. Walking around here inevitably involves parkland, and it's quite an ant-infested area, and I don't want to risk injuring my feet, and you never know when you might have to break into a run, so IMO light sneakers like Skechers are the bare minimum.

Her going out barefoot would make more sense if Borce had reported that she was dreadfully upset and went tearing out sobbing and/or swearing at him. But that's not what he said, at all. According to him she was just heading out to clear her head, barefoot on freezing cold concrete, carrying an expensive handbag with $850 in cash in it. :rolleyes:

If a family member at the house holds up a sign ...warning the place could be bugged..in those very early day...

Her Aunt was there within a day...and that's what she stated....she sensed something was off...

Anything caught on tape after that could possibly be seemed contrived conversations.....especially months later.

Didn't borce... even months later mention he couldn't talk because his phones could be bugged..

A tracking device on Borce's vehicle was either found or fell off in Feb 2017.

Nothing that was caught on tape months later IMO can be trusted as a casual conversation. ...IMO...these individuals were on edge..from day 1 and carefully constructing their conversations within the home, on phones...

Something is really off here ... smells of misdirection.. ..

Agree, fabricated casual conversations designed to misdirect and confuse. From day 1 they assumed house was bugged and after that any casual convo cant be taken seriously.
I don't buy this, who talks like this 6 months after disappearance KNOWING they are being recorded, its a bit contrived, scripted and fakey

“I went to get shisha,” Mr Ristevski said in reference to the smoking tobacco, according to the crown.

“Did you?” Sarah asked.

“I didn’t say anything because I didn’t know if it was legal,” Mr Ristevski told her.

“It is,” Sarah replied.

She then allegedly told her father there was one thing she did not understand.

“You know what I want to know? You’re out of the house for two hours, your telephone is off for two hours. You were driving and you turned your telephone off,” she said.

Mr Ristevski told her: “That’s what (police) are trying to plant out there, Sarah.”

“That doesn’t make sense,” she said.

“Nothing makes sense, they’re making it up as they go along.” Mr Ristevski said.

Last edited:
Yes and who carries that much cash with you if you are "just going for a walk to clear your head"

Oops I often go walking with my handbag even if just to the local shop. But I wouldn't carry that much cash if I was just going for a walk.

Probably said that to justify her not using her cards over the next week. Or to give the impression she had the means to disappear/get on a flight etc

For BR's lawyer to ask for the charges to be reduced to manslaughter because there was not enough evidence to convict on 'murder'...... would that therefore mean that BR's lawyer believes there IS enough evidence to convict on manslaughter?

But Mr Hallowes conceded there was sufficient evidence for a jury to find Mr Ristevski guilty of manslaughter over the death of his wife, who disappeared from their Avondale Heights home on June 29, 2016.

'Insufficient weight': Magistrate asked to drop Ristevski murder charge

I have a feeling there is a lot more that will be revealed later. A lot of things that will surprise us.

Yes I have no doubt you are right Tootsie, not only will it surprise us but probably make us more angry. Still trying to get over that comment when he was told a body had been found. :mad::mad:

Re Shoes

It is understood Victoria Police are yet to determine whether Ms Ristevski was wearing shoes when she left her home in Melbourne’s northwestern suburb of Avondale Heights on June 29.

Her husband, Borce, has told police she left the home at 10am after an argument to “clear her head”. He said she left with a Coach-branded handbag with $850 of cash and went for a walk near the Maribyrnong River behind the house, where there is a walking track.

Sept 2016 article
Nocookies

'She went for a walk near the Maribyrnong River behind the house, where there is a walking track'. But she left through the front door/garage. Didn't they have a rear gate from their property that led to the public area at the back?
BBM

So Borce was out buying shisha. Why not pop down to Off Ya Tree in Watergardens - where the Bella Bleu shop was all those years? He'd have to know it was there - and that it is legal to buy shisha.

I'm not buying the conversation between Sarah and Borce as anything other than creating an alibi and an excuse as to why he didn't say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lexus24