Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is possible that Karen's good friend may have some insight and be a good witness. The friend that anxiously looked all over for Karen when she disappeared, and asked Borce if they had a row. The friend that Sara would not speak with.

There will be witnesses if Karen spoke to friend, doctor or counselor about Ant, business and husband problems and she may have been on meds for anxiety.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

H'mm, looks like the R's alleged mansion has finally been leased ..... wonder if lease agreement fine print states there will be a judge and 12 jurors filing through at some point ..... conditions apply[emoji848] ..... maybe not

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Would any of you be concerned about renting the house knowing a murder may have occurred there in your bedroom or children’s bedroom or kitchen? Good point Itsa, there would be jurors and many others popping in and the prosecution showing possible places of the murder. Yes Itsa I’d be uneasy with that.

Would any of you be concerned about renting the house knowing a murder may have occurred there in your bedroom or children’s bedroom or kitchen? Good point Itsa, there would be jurors and many others popping in and the prosecution showing possible places of the murder. Yes Itsa I’d be uneasy with that.

Very uneasy.
So if the police have evidence that Karen was murdered in the house.
That could hold up any sale couldn't it? Until that evidence has been shown at court.
So as the crime can be declared to prospective buyers.
How much reduction of the sale price - if that is the case. I wonder?

Very uneasy.
That could hold up any sale couldn't it? Until that evidence has been shown at court.

We live in the Sef Gonzales murder house

It was the site of one of the nation’s most famous homicides – but it’s home sweet home to this family writes AMELIA SAW

Woman’s Day (Australia)6 Feb 2017

He tried to frame it as a hate crime.Gonzales’s act didn’t fool police.
When the door opens to the impressive Sydney home in which student Sef Gonzales bloodily murdered three members of his family, there’s no hint of the sickening crime that shocked Australia.
The walls have been painted a perfect cream, the floor tiles are glossy, and the light, bright rooms have been furnished with an elegant mix of French provincial and contemporary Australian furniture.
It feels like a home. And it should – because it’s where Pat Olivo and her partner Jeremy Mumford have been living with Pat’s son Mitch Grant for the past 13 years.
The walls of this stately home in North Ryde were once witness to blood-curdling screams as Gonzales beat, stabbed and strangled his 18-year-old sister Clodine, mother Mary Loiva, 43, and father Teddy, 46, to death.
Yet today it once again plays host to family dinners and wine and cheese nights with friends, just like many other homes in the middle-class neighbourhood.
“This is my home. I get really annoyed when people ask me about what happened here because it happened before us,” says Pat, who bought the property with Jeremy in 2005, four years after the murders took place.
The family were told about the house’s shocking history before they bought it, but after much consideration they unanimously decided they wouldn’t let its history prevent them from buying their dream home.
“You get a feeling from a house, and it was a really good feeling from the very first time I stepped inside,” insists Jeremy, who works in construction.
It was also a great investment. According to Pat and Jeremy, they were able to purchase the large four-bedroom home for considerably cheaper than the price it would have reached if not for the murders.
Yet the home’s grisly history continues to capture the public’s imagination. True crime fanatics regularly drive past, hoping for an insight into the twisted mind of then 20-year-old Gonzales – a former altar boy so tortured by jealousy, sexual guilt and the high expectations of his devout Catholic parents that he ended their lives.
The Filipino immigrants had worked hard, building a profitable legal practice, and Gonzales hoped to inherit their $10 million estate. It’s understood he killed his sister Clodine to ensure she had no claim on the life of luxury he imagined for himself.
It was about 4pm on the ch chilly afternoon of July 10, 2001, whenwh Gonzales returned home. He armed himself with two knives and a baseball bat, and went upstairs to find Clodine, who was sitting in her room. It was a day after her 18th birthday.
Gonzales brutally murdered his sister then lay in wait for the next family member. At around 5.30pm Mary Loiva came home. Gonzales stabbed his mother multiple times before she died.
An hour passed before Teddy walked into the darkened house, briefcase in hand. Gonzales lunged at him once he entered, and a struggle ensued. However the loving father was no match for his son’s fury.
In a calculated attempt to make the murders look like a hate crime, Gonzales then spray painted the words “*advertiser censored** off Asians” on the wall.
Pat and Mitch were living just streets away at the time. They remember hearing about the sickening crime, which shocked everyone in their seemingly safe, normal suburban neighbourhood.
A few years later, Pat and Jeremy were driving through the area when they noticed a For Sale sign out the front of the vacant property. “There was small print on it. It said, ‘This is the former home of the Gonzales family.’family. I think it did say they were murdered in the house,” recalls Jeremy.
The note of warning had been put on the sign after the house was bought by a Buddhist Taiwanese couple, who were not informed of its dark history.
When they read about what had happened in their new home in the newspaper, they demanded the agent refund their deposit. As a result, the law was changed in NSW to state agents must disclose any “material fact”, such as a crime or death, before they can sell a property.
However it wasn’t just the savagery of the way Gonzales killed his family that shocked the
‘It was a really good feeling from the very first time I stepped inside’
nation. It was the overwrought show of grief anda calculated lies he constructed in order to try to prove his innoce innocence that made him one of the them most haunting killers in modern history.h
With his family nown dead inside the hous house, Gonzales drove to his friend’s place, and together the boys visited restaurant Planet Hollywood and a video arcade.
He returned home at 11pm and called police in hysterics, saying he’d discovered the slain bodies of his family and claiming he’d chased off intruders.
He ran to neighbour John Caulfield’s home, wailing and recounting the horror of what he’d seen. When they re-entered the house, shocked John watched as Gonzales threw himself over the bodies of his parents, hugging and trying to resuscitate them.
“John still lives across the road,” says Jeremy. “He said Sef was carrying on, he was crying but there were no tears. So he felt something was wrong.”
In the days after the murder, Gonzales made an emotional television appeal, begging the killers to come forward. But he also managed to put aside his grief and met with his father’s accountant within 72 hours of the murders – asking how much money his parents had and if he could access it.
Yet it was what Gonzales did at his family’s joint funeral that continues to haunt friends and family. Standing before the three caskets, eyes closed, he took to the mic to deliver an acapella eulogy of the Mariah Carey/boyz II Men duet One Sweet Day.
Those present can still recall a strange feeling sweeping through the crowd as they watched him perform his ballad. For the police, it simply confirmed what they already knew: this former altar boy was a cold-blooded killer.
After a long investigation, police disproved Gonzales’s alibis, then charged the “charming” student with the premeditated murders of his family.
Gonzales pleaded not guilty on the grounds of mental illness, but psychiatric reports tendered to the court did not back up his claim. In May 2004 he was found guilty of the three murders and sentenced to three concurrent life sentences without parole.
Pat prefers not to know the details of the crimes that took place in the house she now calls home. She thinks it would unsettle her. “Every house has its history and a story to tell, but ours tells a happy story now.
“I know the Gonzaleses were a good family, and would have liked to know we’ve taken over their home and we’ve been very happy here,” Pat says.
However, Jeremy and Mitch were more curious, and watched a program on the murders – while sitting in the very house in which they occurred.
“I used to live in his [Sef’s] room,” says Mitch, who owns a gym down the road. “But it never bothered me,” he adds.
“When I say where I live, people in the area do recognise it and ask me about what happened. They want to know if it’s freaky to live here, but I don’t believe in crap like spirits and the supernatural.”
All three say they’ve never had anything strange happen while they’ve been in the house. No unexplained ghostly changes in temperature, spooky sounds or faces appearing at the window.
Jeremy has slept in the room where Clodine was killed on numerous occasions and has always slept soundly. “Although I often walk in there and see our dog Max just staring at the corner of the room,” he says. Yet when Pat is asked about their dog’s odd obsession, she emphatically puts it down to possums.
The only other time the crimes occur to Jeremy is in the garden. “The murder weapons were never found, so sometimes I wonder what I’ll find when I’m digging…”
‘The Gonzaleses would’ve liked to know we’ve been very happy here’
https://www.pressreader.com/australia/womans-day-australia/20170206/283815738358771

Very uneasy.

When I was in real estate sales we listed a house where the wife was brutally bashed but escaped to a neighbours where she was attacked again and died.
A young couple and I were in the kitchen and suddenly the woman cupped her hands over mouth, pointed at the oven and said “LOOK!! OMG! LOOK!!” The oven panel was flashing ‘HELP HELP HELP’. I was also stunned but remembered my own oven did the same thing after a power outage.
The house was closed up and power was turned off until after the trial, it then went to auction and that very couple purchased the house, they married and had a couple of children.

Needless to say they got it at a real bargain price.
I believe when a bank has to sell the house they don’t care what it sells for as long as they recover the mortgage & costs.

The house where Allison Baden-Clay was murdered is now a childcare centre IIRC. I guess life goes on....

Following discussions about 'living in homes, where murders took place, see following:

[h=3]Bargain hunters are nabbing homes where brutal murders took place[/h]www.news.com.au/.../sydney-nsw/...murders.../94bf69a9e98d29420ac12cba16aed83a
Oct 28, 2017 - THEY'VE been the scenes for brutal axe murders, drive by shootings and passion ... Several Sydney homes where vicious crimes took place have recently ... Selling agent David Hayden of Stone Real Estate told the Saturday ...

Following discussions about 'living in homes, where murders took place, see following:

[h=3]Bargain hunters are nabbing homes where brutal murders took place[/h]www.news.com.au/.../sydney-nsw/...murders.../94bf69a9e98d29420ac12cba16aed83a
Oct 28, 2017 - THEY'VE been the scenes for brutal axe murders, drive by shootings and passion ... Several Sydney homes where vicious crimes took place have recently ... Selling agent David Hayden of Stone Real Estate told the Saturday ...

Self-described psychic Ruthie Phillips has been asked to cleanse numerous homes around Sydney and said many of the people ringing her up were “very frightened” of presences in their homes.
“Energies can stay in walls ... There are places all across Sydney that are chock full of spiritual energy,” said Ms Phillips who uses sage, smudge sticks, Tibetan bells and crystals to clear homes of “negative energy”.
Founder of real estate directory Diedinhouse.com Roy Condrey, who tracks homes where murders occurred, said properties with a history of violent death usually scared off buyers or renters.

Maybe she would be happy about that. She loved her children very much.

I think she might like that too - fill the house with well cared for children, it's what she did for her own daughters despite struggling with that terrible man for a husband.

Hi TGY - I couldn’t do it, I creep myself out at night with shadows of the trees let alone knowing something horrific occurred. I have always thought it a lovely idea that Alison home is now a daycare, she was a beautiful mother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I had hoped to attend his appearance. ....Unfortunately cold/flu
???? Has got in the way.

Far from hoping to slide up to Mr Smooth as suggested.... I was simply hoping to gain some more insight.

I for one am not 100% sold on his guilt as a murderer. .... I still have many questions......my thought is he may be covering for someone he loves.

Daughter to appear as prosecution witness in Karen Ristevski case
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...-in-karen-ristevski-case-20180515-p4zfgk.html

The revelation that Sarah is listed as a witness for the prosecution case comes as Mr Ristevski's lawyers attempt to stop media reporting of the Melbourne Magistrates Court proceeding.
In their notice of application to suppress the case, lawyers from Stary Norton Halphen argue a suppression order is required to ensure Mr Ristevski receives a fair trial.
Lawyers named both The Age and the Herald Sun stories that Mr Ristevski's legal representation was funded by taxpayers via legal aid as an example of reporting that was "deliberately toxic and designed to promote outcry in the community".
They said a follow-up story by the Herald Sun asserting Mr Ristevski would receive income from the rent of the Avondale Heights home, which had been put up for listing, inaccurate. The property is in the estate of Ms Ristevski and funds derived from it will not flow to her husband, the lawyers said.

It is not known what the nature of the evidence that Sarah will give.

Sarah Ristevski has not spoken to reporters since she made a public appeal for information shortly after her mother disappeared almost two years ago.
It is a prosecutor's duty to call all credible witnesses whose evidence is essential to full presenting the narrative, this includes evidence that is favourable and unfavourable to its case.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/v...15-p4zfgk.html

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...-in-karen-ristevski-case-20180515-p4zfgk.html

The revelation that Sarah is listed as a witness for the prosecution case comes as Mr Ristevski's lawyers attempt to stop media reporting of the Melbourne Magistrates Court proceeding.
In their notice of application to suppress the case, lawyers from Stary Norton Halphen argue a suppression order is required to ensure Mr Ristevski receives a fair trial.
Lawyers named both The Age and the Herald Sun stories that Mr Ristevski's legal representation was funded by taxpayers via legal aid as an example of reporting that was "deliberately toxic and designed to promote outcry in the community".
They said a follow-up story by the Herald Sun asserting Mr Ristevski would receive income from the rent of the Avondale Heights home, which had been put up for listing, inaccurate. The property is in the estate of Ms Ristevski and funds derived from it will not flow to her husband, the lawyers said.

Oh Wow, how interesting - Sarah a witness for the prosecution :thinking:

Interesting :thinking:, with Borce locked up the cops must have had "access" to Sarah??

Lawyers named both The Age and the Herald Sun stories that Mr Ristevski's legal representation was funded by taxpayers via legal aid as an example of reporting that was "deliberately toxic and designed to promote outcry in the community".They said a follow-up story by the Herald Sun asserting Mr Ristevski would receive income from the rent of the Avondale Heights home, which had been put up for listing, inaccurate. The property is in the estate of Ms Ristevski and funds derived from it will not flow to her husband, the lawyers said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum