Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a statement released by the court today, Ms Culhane said it was the first time she'd heard Ms Ristevski swear, when she used the word "*advertiser censored**" when talking about Mr Rivstevski.

The EFTPOS machine at the shop was not working at the time.

"My husband pisses me off," Ms Rivstevski told Ms Culhane, according to the statement.

It was getting towards 9:00pm — closing time — on June 16th, the statement said.

"I don't want to go home. I'd rather stay here," Ms Ristevski said, according to Ms Culhane's statement.

'He was very worried': Karen Ristevski's daughter says family was 'very close'

BBM: very telling statement!

But Sarah Ristevski said "Bella Bleu was turning over a profit".

She was critical of the media, telling the hearing some news agencies stayed outside the family home for an extended period and followed her to her workplace.

"They were basically stalking us," she said.

"My father and I didn't have time to mourn because of them."

BBM:
But she hadn't been found dumped between two logs until 8 months later or does she mean after Karen was found?

That’s a good pick up drsleuth.

Ristevski's daughter sheds tears in court

The young graphic designer broke down in tears as she recalled the happy life she had before her mother went missing.

When asked about the nature of her parents' arguments, Sarah used an example of her dad being unable to resist a bargain at the supermarket.

He would go out to buy milk and return with biscuits as well.

"Dad would say 'well the Shapes are only a dollar each' and mum would say 'but now I'm going to eat them and my thighs will get fat'," Sarah said.

"That would be an argument for me."

BBM:
She calls that an argument :rolleyes: sounds like a discussion to me, everyday conversation!!

Of course he was distressed. He'd just murdered his wife. IMO of course. He was very distressed and upset that he might get caught, and miss out on the insurance. IMO. I'm really disappointed in Sarah. if she knew (after the fact) I hope they get her for that.
Yep I see it the same way. Was it concern or shock/guilt at what he’d done??

SR's testimony today disappoints and frustrates me beyond belief.

She saw nothing strange about not hearing from her mum for 27 hours, yet according to earlier reports, KR and SR were 'best friends' and spoke several times a day.

The mysterious disappearance of Karen Ristevski investigated

A lot of what SR said today was more like a child giving evidence rather than a grown woman grieving for her mum. What's with the cutesy anecdotes?! She's seriously doing my head in.

What the heck does she think happened to her mum - and the mounting evidence against BR?

Why suspicious that her mother would go for a drive? Suspicious? Is she insinuating there was another man?
Am I wrong in my thinking with this?
Oh sorry about the questions guys.

'“I wasn’t that suspicious at the time,” she said..............'

I'm not so sure that she is backing her Dad, sounds like her suspicions were raised somewhere along the line.

She was critical of the media, telling the hearing some news agencies stayed outside the family home for an extended period and followed her to her workplace.

BBM:
But she hadn't been found dumped between two logs until 8 months later or does she mean after Karen was found?

Sarah, go blame your father for that. The media does what it does, that's their job to get the news on an alleged murder.

BBM:

Exactly, so why would they be mourning then?

Thanks for all the updates you wonderful people! :D

I can't say I'm surprised with SR's testimony. She has stuck by her father from day one afterall. She definitely comes across as being closer to her father than she was to her mother. She appears, at least to me, to be painting Karen in a negative light. :( There's a reason for it too, and I hope we find out what it is, if not during the committal hearing, then when the case goes to trial!

In all of the Articles today, was there an outcome of the suppression order ?

Not seen any mention of the suppression order today, but I'd be very surprised if there was not a supression order over police methodology............I listened to hours , maybe days of legal argument over this at the siege inquest by Dr Ian Freckleton QC :rolleyes: ( he was such a character to listen too & never lost an argument very often )

Some of my questions are being answered now

Sarah Ristevski was studying at university at the time and sometimes worked at Bella Bleu, the women's fashion store owned and run by her mother at a shopping centre in Watergardens.

"It was her passion. There was no Bella Bleu without mum," she said.

The court heard yesterday the couple had been having financial problems and had closed a second store in February 2016.

Did SR ever talk to BR about her mum's murder, question it herself or offer up theories of her own? If not, why not? How does she rationalise all the evidence against her dad? Yes sleep, who is manipulating whom...

Last edited:
more and more I am revising my general reluctance to lump Sarah in with Borce…. but after today's shambolic testimony, I am truly finding it hard to believe that Sarah even left that morning before Karen's death. Certainly, everyone, alive and/or dead left that house that day, to go in different directions...….

Horrible?.. outrageous?.. impossible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member