Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #17 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DNA testing: there is a tiny chance our loved ones, if badly decomposed, may not be family.

'Dead' man turns up two months after burial

5 hrs ago
A man who was thought to be dead has turned up at his family's home two months after they apparently buried him.

Aigali Supygaliev, from Kazakhstan, was pronounced dead after DNA tests on badly burned human remains proved with "with 99.2% certainty" that they were his.
Authorities issued an official death certificate and he was "buried" in September in the Muslim cemetery of Tomarly, his family's home town just north of the Caspian Sea port of Atyrau

His brother Esengali Supygaliev, told the Azh.kz news site: "We held a wake, and the extended family organised a traditional 'konil shai' ceremony," where friends can share tea and sympathy with the bereaved.

"When Uncle Aigali walked through the door hale and hearty two months after we'd buried him, my daughter Saule nearly dropped dead of a heart attack," Esengali added.

Aigali, 63, had left home one June morning and didn't come back. "Aigali had been known to wander off for a week of two before," his sibling said.

So, when Aigali walked through the door two months later, he had some explaining to do.

It turns out that he had taken up an offer of work in a nearby village from a man he'd met down the market that fateful day.

Once the work was finished, four months later Aigali walked all the way back to Tomarly.

Neither the police nor the regional justice department were available for comment on the story.
The forensic scientist who carried out the DNA analysis told Azh.kz that she stood by her 99.2% findings, "but you must never forget that other 0.8%".

The Supygalievs, who had paid for a tombstone, commissioned a stone shrine over the grave in the Kazakh tradition and even returned pension payments for the two months that Aigali was "dead", are considering legal action.

Today at the Chris Watts Case, he pleaded GUILTY to all 9 charges, previously lied +++.
Took most people by surprise.
Hope we hear the same here, with BR: take us by surprise thanks.

It is highly likely that Borce will do exactly that.. this pleading not guilty is often held onto until the last minute, because it keeps the accused in remand, instead of in Gen. Pop. In the Hilton instead of a backpackers. Besides, it isnt clear as yet if Borce will get Legal aid, and if so, how much, and why, plus, his Legal Aid team may advise him to plead guilty one day before the trial begins. Or withdraw funds. This is particularly if the evidence against old Borcey Boy is overwhelming, which I tend to think it is....

At this point, Borce has lost a lot of ground for a discount on his possibility of parole, but even so, it may be the only chance he has of ever seeing daylight again as long as he lives, he may throw in the towel. Unless someone is bankrolling him, I am betting he either pleads guilty the day before or very shortly thereafter.

Couriermail - subscribers only (paywalled for me)

Warning signs Allison’s loved ones missed

The sister of murdered mum Allison Baden-Clay says the outcome might have been different if more people knew the signs of abuse and it’s no longer OK for Australians to treat what goes on ...

He is stupid, he is still stupid, he always will be stupid, he will die stupid and he’s too stupid to know he is stupid.

Quote of The Year!

He has demonstrated the more stupid one is, the more they believe they can outsmart smart people / investigators who have the very tools, knowledge and experience to outwit liars. What a fool and complete tool, and those who support him are even bigger fools. I doubt they will all come clean, I look forward to their guilty consciences eventually developing into illnesses and diseases :eek:

According to this article Borce is supposed to be in court tomorrow:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...o5MHqT7S4jBImp3P6Hmg1b3oqMIzgXZasOvV3rhqugNXA

Another directions hearing is due to be held in the Supreme Court on December 12 this year

I can't see him on the Supreme court list :oops:

https://www.supremecourt.vic.gov.au/daily-hearing-list

Wonder what's happened.

Been looking for answers Sleep, can't find any. Wonder what happened, it was supposed to on Wednesday 12/12.

Been looking for answers Sleep, can't find any. Wonder what happened, it was supposed to on Wednesday 12/12.

It must have been moved for some reason. On checking today they are announcing the Appointment of Senior Counsel, so maybe they've been a bit short staffed. I doubt he's changed his plea :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Quote of The Year!

He has demonstrated the more stupid one is, the more they believe they can outsmart smart people / investigators who have the very tools, knowledge and experience to outwit liars. What a fool and complete tool, and those who support him are even bigger fools. I doubt they will all come clean, I look forward to their guilty consciences eventually developing into illnesses and diseases :eek:

Hi Edgar,
Compare BR's stupidity to that of Chris Watts, a Family Annihilator, here on websleuths.
This creep lied +++ in several media interviews and to all around him, failed his polygraph, gave ridiculous accounts THEN at an unexpected sudden hearing, presented a PLEA DEAL and confessed to all.
CW wins in stupidity, if you follow his LIES.

Last edited:
According to this article Borce is supposed to be in court tomorrow:

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...o5MHqT7S4jBImp3P6Hmg1b3oqMIzgXZasOvV3rhqugNXA

Another directions hearing is due to be held in the Supreme Court on December 12 this year

I can't see him on the Supreme court list :oops:

https://www.supremecourt.vic.gov.au/daily-hearing-list

Wonder what's happened.

Could this just be, requesting more documents/info/changing dates/change of lawyers so more time required, OR a surprise, a PLEA DEAL, aiming for a reduced sentence?
MOO.

Friday's directions hearing was told Mr Ristevski's trial was due to start on March 12 and run for five weeks.

Chief crown prosecutor Brendan Kissane, QC, said 120 people were on a list of potential witnesses, but that number would be reduced to about 60.

Defence counsel David Hallowes, SC, agreed with the prosecutor's estimate on the trial duration, and told Justice Christopher Beale five weeks was realistic.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/...re-at-least-60-witnesses-20181214-p50mfi.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member