Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BR was named as the person who had stopped co-operating with police by a couple of the news channels - both on TV and on their Facebook posts.
Thanks, Pepper77! So much has been going on, so many articles, so many posts, it really is hard to keep up with the news!

Wasn't Allison found in a creek? I live near the Maribyrnong River and it flows pretty quickly compared to a creek - it's tidal/salt water as well, and 10-15 m deep in places.

I don't know much about rivers but when all the body parts were found (relating to a different case, I think it was a man murdered over a drug debt), the police searched near the Afton St bridge too. Maybe something about the morphology of the landscape leads objects in the water to 'accumulate' there? The river winds and has a lot of bends, especially around the Aberfeldie/Highpoint area. Just thinking aloud here!

That was a drug debt and I think they found a body piece bearing an unusual tattoo near The Boathouse.

Moreinfo what you say is true...about the bodies....or should I say body parts (apologies). .....

Doesn't this make you think using the river for a disposal method ..... for a local .... well a little strange.

depending on the persons frame of mind at the time, disposing the body asap in a river may be a logical solution especially if you think you could weigh the body down and keep it down forever. In saying that, there was a case many years ago (20 odd) of a guy weighing down a mans body with a concrete slab in the Maribyrnong. It was found, cant remember how though.

That was a drug debt and I think they found a body piece bearing an unusual tattoo near The Boathouse.

Yup! This one I believe. Not long after the search we were crossing the Afton St bridge and could see a lot of police tape at the waters edge, must've been where they entered the water.

depending on the persons frame of mind at the time, disposing the body asap in a river may be a logical solution especially if you think you could weigh the body down and keep it down forever. In saying that, there was a case many years ago (20 odd) of a guy weighing down a mans body with a concrete slab in the Maribyrnong. It was found, cant remember how though.

Do you mean homicide inside a house then the prrson has wrapped or done something to the body with some weights .....
Yeah I suppose someone might think thats logical ...... like you said .... suppose it depends on the persons state of mind atm...

Does anyone find AR's hand injury a bit suss?

I mean in the context of the circumstances.

I am now starting to think AR may have a split personality. The ice would have no doubt aided this,
i cant help thinking motives etc.

Do you mean homicide inside a house then the prrson has wrapped or done something to the body with some weights .....

this guy borrowed alot money from this older guy, so instead of repaying it, he killed him (dont know where, but it was all planned), tied him to a concrete block and threw him in the river. He's served his time in jail and is out now (his then wife is petrified, poor thing)

It may even be that her purse or bag has washed up.....

Regardless of anyone's theory it would make sense for many of them that the purse ir handbag would end up in the river!

I said earlier the purse could have floated all the way out to port phillip already.....but what your saying could be right....the bag may have caught up in the reeds on the river bank...and then its been mentioned about all the rain.... It could have recently became dislodged.

Maybe it is just a sighting of a possible bag in the river .....

What if the trip to Bunnings by AR was to dispose of the handbag or wallet in an industrial bin ....

What if the trip to Bunnings by AR was to dispose of the handbag or wallet in an industrial bin ....

the footscray bunning car park in undercover, and theres a gate to close it. will check tomorrow if bins are undercover or out.

You'd hope the police would have reviewed CCTV footage of Bunnings at that time wouldn't you

Wasn't Allison found in a creek? I live near the Maribyrnong River and it flows pretty quickly compared to a creek - it's tidal/salt water as well, and 10-15 m deep in places.

I don't know much about rivers but when all the body parts were found (relating to a different case, I think it was a man murdered over a drug debt), the police searched near the Afton St bridge too. Maybe something about the morphology of the landscape leads objects in the water to 'accumulate' there? The river winds and has a lot of bends, especially around the Aberfeldie/Highpoint area. Just thinking aloud here!
Yes kholo creek, but looks more like river

When a person drowns, water takes the place of air in the lungs. The body becomes heavier and sinks. It stays there until enough gas builds up inside the body from bacterial decomposition to make it buoyant and free it from the suction that silt and mud creates on the river bed, so that it surfaces.

How long this takes depends on the depth and temperature of the water, the amount of sunlight the corpse receives, and whether it is lying under a ledge or a bridge.

Whether the body is lying on the north or south side of a waterway can also affect the time it takes to rise, because heating of the water varies on each bank.

http://myqacorner.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/why-do-corpses-sunk-in-water-eventually_01.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse