Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he's talking to media but not to police?
Was BR the person of interest who wasn't talking though? There could have been someone else classed as a person of interest that wasn't talking, couldn't there? Or was BR actually named as the person of interest who was no longer talking? :thinking:

I'm watching the kids play sport & need to look slightly interested in their game. I'm reading so keep commenting & updating me.
Pity none of you took me up on my bet ;)

Remember Allison Baden clays body ( correct me if I'm wrong) was found pretty much under the bridge she was thrown from. Wasn't that around 10 days later ? Probably irrelevant, just thinking out aloud.

Wasn't Allison found in a creek? I live near the Maribyrnong River and it flows pretty quickly compared to a creek - it's tidal/salt water as well, and 10-15 m deep in places.

I don't know much about rivers but when all the body parts were found (relating to a different case, I think it was a man murdered over a drug debt), the police searched near the Afton St bridge too. Maybe something about the morphology of the landscape leads objects in the water to 'accumulate' there? The river winds and has a lot of bends, especially around the Aberfeldie/Highpoint area. Just thinking aloud here!

It's a highly trafficked area, cars, walkers and cyclists so unlikely her body would be dumped there

but very quiet at night time. body could have been disposed of later if this has happened.

Oh and someone lives there thats been in the paper.

Im fairly certain he lives in Diggers Rest ..... not sure why he has Ascot Vale on his SM account though.... he actually changed to Ascot Vale not long after he started getting noticed...

Its in the Herald Sun grrr Subscription only interview ..... ... said they interviewed him at his diggers rest house

Games .... maybe this has more to do with the ...all is not what it seems comment....??

Thanks puggle , sounds like it wouldn't be likely then.

Although...you can drive down under the bridge, some people fish there sometime... it would be secluded if you did something very very late ...say early early am 1am, so on .......but stilll fairly risky....youd probably only do that if you were crazy....

Must have been a specific sighting or large object. Or maybe the bag???

But was the tip off a sighting or a direction to look in the river.

It may even be that her purse or bag has washed up.....

Regardless of anyone's theory it would make sense for many of them that the purse ir handbag would end up in the river!

Is there also a chance that she slipped in and drowned? I know when im furious with my other half i stomp along, think if you where upset had a few trees where stomping along you could have slipped on mud and gone in.

Absolutely possible ... and/or if she'd had an asthma attack (if that's what she has) or some other medical incident.

The path near the Ristevskis seems to be a fair way from the river though. The section that they are scouring now if it is indeed near anglers tavern is a common area for bodies to be found floating. I think there has been a couple in the last couple of years. Also there are sections around that part of the river that you can pretty much drive up to and toss someone in quite easily, without having to drag a body too far from your car (sorry in advance if it sounds awful).
Exactly there have been a number of bodies located in that area between Anglers and The Boathouse.....if you exit Oakley Drive from the back you step onto the grassland which rolls down to a fairly steep decline and then into the river.

The path near the Ristevskis seems to be a fair way from the river though. The section that they are scouring now if it is indeed near anglers tavern is a common area for bodies to be found floating. I think there has been a couple in the last couple of years. Also there are sections around that part of the river that you can pretty much drive up to and toss someone in quite easily, without having to drag a body too far from your car (sorry in advance if it sounds awful).

Moreinfo what you say is true...about the bodies....or should I say body parts (apologies). .....

Doesn't this make you think using the river for a disposal method ..... for a local .... well a little strange.

Is it my connection or is it because alot of folks are viewing this thread? (It's taking forever for the pages to download, GRRR) Am thinking too much traffic!

Is it my connection or is it because alot of folks are viewing this thread? (It's taking forever for the pages to download, GRRR) Am thinking too much traffic!

It's fast for me ... no sluggishness whatsoever.

I'm watching the kids play sport & need to look slightly interested in their game. I'm reading so keep commenting & updating me.

I will listen to you next time ..... psychic ability is welcome here...

I cant find the emotioncon thingy either .... (waves back)
Puggle xx

Was BR the person of interest who wasn't talking though? There could have been someone else classed as a person of interest that wasn't talking, couldn't there? Or was BR actually named as the person of interest who was no longer talking? :thinking:

BR was named as the person who had stopped co-operating with police by a couple of the news channels - both on TV and on their Facebook posts.

I should also note that a few large stormwater drains run through the area, and empty into the Maribyrnong - we've had a lot of rain recently, and this could've flushed something like a handbag or purse into the Maribyrnong. One such stormwater outlet exits under Holmes Road, and there is a slightly smaller one near the Aberfeldie athletics track, both of which are visible if you use Google Street View from the perspective of Chifley Drive. There are other drains further towards Avondale Heights as well, most obviously the Milleara Rd Drain which flows into the river just south of Karen's house.

Steele Creek also joins as a tributary around Lily Street - when I heard of police on horses searching the area, my mind immediately went to the richly vegetated area just south of Buckley St. Can anyone confirm or deny where the search took place?

so brainstorming a scenario here.....if it was AR ......., could the investigation team have located data from AR's supposed 5 phones, did they find info suggesting that calls/sms were made from the area around that time. If it was a revenge attack from AR (going by crazy memes posted) could he have first had her for a while, did whatever to her, gone to bunnings footscray to grab a rope or tarp, then body was disposed. Still hoping she is alive and well and hiding of course.

Actually DaninOz...you were the first person I thought of when I drove down to the river. You were spot on !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back