Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Australian article is subscriber only. Does it say how recently the couple say they saw the man with the shovel?
One would think they'd recognise BR from all of the news footage if it was around the time Karen went missing.

The Australian article is subscriber only. Does it say how recently the couple say they saw the man with the shovel?
One would think they'd recognise BR from all of the news footage if it was around the time Karen went missing.

It says they had seen the man with the shovel in the 'past few months'. It is not clear if police had been monitoring their suspect and that led to the discovery, or if the Crimestoppers tip led them to the area and they have only just found the site.

Yes, they may have also recognised a face from the media publications.

Like other murderers before him, he evidently could not stay away from the site and had to ensure that Karen was still well-hidden.

A man and a woman from nearby Gisborne arrived at the murder scene just before 7pm, asking to talk to detectives about something they had seen in the past few months.

It is understood the pair recently saw a man with a shovel walking away from the area and joked with him about burying a body.

The man had “no emotion on his face” and walked away from them up the hill. The pair said they called Crimestoppers because they were suspicious.

The Australian article says that the remains were found off a fire trail, which leads to several popular bushwalking tracks.

It also says the crime scene is not visible to the public, so it must be a ways into the forest.

Interestingly, the article shows a pic of police leaving a property near Toolern Vale (which is enroute to Gisborne and Mt Macedon) with an evidence bag ... just two months ago. Which, to me, says they have been quietly gathering evidence and getting closer and closer to the discovery of the remains all along.

17e238463a320b84ce1e08b620548017

Police leave with an evidence bag from a property near Burns Lane, Toolern Vale in December last year.

I hope the forensic evidence hasn't been too badly degraded
Since she was dumped there I doubt there will be much evidence. Most forensic evidence occurs at the actual attack scene

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

If the body is Karen, it's sad yes but it's closure and closer to an arrest.

Maybe they needed a body before they could make the arrest.

The police know who did it, they always have.

Agree and now that the Homicide Squad is involved the gloves are off, it's a different ball game.

Referring back to the couple who saw a person with a shovel. If you knew police were searching an area in relation to a high profile missing person case wouldn't you come forward with information like that ? Even if it turned out to not be related.
They could / should have reported that to police previously surely !

They rang Crimestoppers, if there information was acted on is another matter.

Since she was dumped there I doubt there will be much evidence. Most forensic evidence occurs at the actual attack scene

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Finding a body will answer a lot of questions. It may take a bit of time to process all the info but it will come. The clock is ticking.

FYI
Remains recovered

Wes Hosking ‏@WesHosking 1h1 hour ago
Coronial services leaving the scene where remains found at mt macedon @theheraldsun

Video shows hearse slowly leaving the scene

New article ..... it was a walker who stumbled across the remains.
However, police have been working in the general area for months now.
Interesting that Borce's brother Vasko has been seen in the Toolern Vale area recently, where items possibly linked to the crime were also recently found.

A walker yesterday stumbled on the remains at 12.30pm near a bush track.

The police search for Ms Ristevski, 47, had been focused in recent months on an area as close as 12km from where yesterday’s body was found, after telecommunications records reportedly showed that both the missing woman and her husband had been in the broad Mount Macedon region on the day she vanished.

Mobile phone records reportedly showed Ms Ristevski as close as 12km from where the body was found yesterday when she disappeared and also detailed Mr Ristevski having been about 33km away.

Neighbours have reported only sporadic sightings of Mr Ristevski in recent weeks.

In December, police conducted a two-day search operation at nearby Toolern Vale, where they drained dams and scoured bush for evidence of Ms Ristevski’s whereabouts. Police at the time found items they believed could be linked to the disappearance and locals reportedly claimed to have seen Mr Ristevski’s brother Vasko in the area.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...i/news-story/3333d34cfb7d03f8e4abcecbe2c2fa58

when Bailey murdered Jill Meahger, he took her body and buried her in a shallow grave in a place he was familiar with on.. he had gone with a friend a few times wood gathering...

When Jamie Ramage murdered his wife, he took her body to a place he was familiar with, a place that Jill had gone horseriding and where he sometimes met her after riding...

When Stephen Hunter murdered Sarah Cafferkey, he buried her in a place he knew well.. his friends wheelie bin.

I reckon it's going to turn out that where Taihleigh's body was hurled into the river, it will be a place that pig Thurston is familiar with.. a fishing spot, or some reason he already knows the place..

Getting rid of a body is unsurprisingly, most times, done in terrific haste, and is most always badly calculated, not gone into deep detail and done, often, in a state of panic and fury and fright...

Often disposed of in a place with which the perpetrator is familiar. I think this will be the case here too. My guess is a male perp, possibly with the assistance of 1-2 other males. MOO

familiar with, indeedy, and sometimes it is an unconscious link the murderer makes, one that not even the murderer is fully aware of, ... it may have been a place once passed by, or a place once the murderer was taken to for another purpose, or perhaps used by the murderer for matters not linked to the murder.. , it rarely rarely is a place entirely unknown to the killer. ..

something in the human mind propels the killer to go to a place known.. as opposed to the unknown

An exception to this usual mode would be Matthew Wales King, who buried his mother and step-father in the State Forest at Marysville. He was not familiar with the area, as far as I recall, and just kept driving till he came to Marysville and the forest was there. Buried them in a shallow grave, which rangers noticed as out of place a few days later. He was panicked and needed to dispose of the bodies quickly.

hey murderino,
"stay out of the forest"....get a job...

Often disposed of in a place with which the perpetrator is familiar. I think this will be the case here too. My guess is a male perp, possibly with the assistance of 1-2 other males. MOO

It sounds as if there may have been several people involved in the coverup. Vasko seen in the Toolern Vale area where possible evidence was found. Sarah clamming up and refusing to talk to police. And Borce .... well, enough said about him. He is prime suspect numero one imo.

Poor Karen. :(

It's been there all through a very hot summer. There honestly wouldn't be much left. Lots of animals and insects wouldn't help either. DNA &/or dental records will confirm identity ASAP.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
its been a very mild summer actually, but an extremely wet spring, nevertheless there would not be much there

If it is Karen, weren't the phone pings during the day? If it was her and she was disposed of during the day this is quite high risk...

I'm not sure that they ever said exactly when the phone pings occurred .... just 'on the day she went missing'. Though Borce did say he went for a drive during the day, to check his faulty gauge. :rolleyes:

Karen 'went missing' on a Wednesday. So perhaps there were less bush walkers about at that time. One woman said, in one of the Australian articles, that trail bike riders used that particular fire trail. So, again, perhaps they were not out and about mid-week during the work/school day.

And we have often wondered if the crime could have been committed the previous (Tuesday) night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow