Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
... and Karen was killed inside their home, maybe pushed down the stairs and suffered fatal internal head injuries.

From memory Sarah went off to Uni that morning which means she wasn't at home, leaving Borce alone with Karen at that specific time on the morning of 29/6/16 (when all hell broke loose).

RSBM

It is possible that Karen had internal head injuries - perhaps got a hard knock on the temple - or other internal injuries that caused her death, but it seems as though a good tumble down the stairs would have broken her neck, a tooth, an arm, a fingernail ... something. Some 'external' injury.
I used to think that a tumble down the stairs was a good possibility too, but now they have said no external injuries, I am thinking probably not. :dunno:

We have never been able to confirm that Sarah left early for Uni that day, or even stayed at a friend's place the night before. We discussed this yesterday, and it was just speculation from our previous older threads ... Sarah's movements have never been stated anywhere at all in MSM. Just that she was a Uni student.

I really hope Sarah wasn't involved. Maybe she wasn't but has suspicions re her father, and is hoping against hope that they're unfounded, which would explain her distraught body language.

Do we know when the funeral is? (Sorry if this is a silly question).

Not a silly Q. No Funeral director will book a service until the body has been released (cleared) from the coroner.
This may be sometime due to decomp, extra forensic testing may be necessary.

Thanks, I didn't think I'd missed it, but it wouldn't be the first thing I've missed.

:blushing:

Not a silly Q. No Funeral director will book a service until the body has been released (cleared) from the coroner.
This may be sometime due to decomp, extra forensic testing may be necessary.

RSBM

It is possible that Karen had internal head injuries - perhaps got a hard knock on the temple - or other internal injuries that caused her death, but it seems as though a good tumble down the stairs would have broken her neck, a tooth, an arm, a fingernail ... something. Some 'external' injury. :dunno:

We have never been able to confirm that Sarah left early for Uni that day, or even stayed at a friend's place the night before. We discussed this yesterday, and it was just speculation from our previous older threads ... Sarah's movements have never been stated anywhere at all in MSM. Just that she was a Uni student.
SA...I have just read all posts again on Thread 1 trying to find Sarah's movements or timeframe for 28th and 29th June 2016 and found nothing, as you stated...Do you find it odd that it was never mentioned anywhere at all in MSM?

SA...I have just read all posts again on Thread 1 trying to find Sarah's movements or timeframe for 28th and 29th June 2016 and found nothing, as you stated...Do you find it odd that it was never mentioned anywhere at all in MSM?
I think it's odd that the media never picked up the question of who last saw Karen apart from Borce.

I guess I don't think it is odd if they know that Sarah was elsewhere at the time. They have never stated any of Sarah's movements, or Vasko's movements, or any other relative's movements ... only Borce's movements.

I think they know exactly what has happened. They are just trying to cross the t's and dot the i's and prepare a strong case for the crown, and for no bail, before Borce's top criminal lawyers can interfere with that in any way.

Maybe the authorities are fairly certain its just Borce, still unanswered questions.

I guess I don't think it is odd if they know that Sarah was elsewhere at the time. They have never stated any of Sarah's movements, or Vasko's movements, or any other relative's movements ... only Borce's movements.

I think they know exactly what has happened. They are just trying to cross the t's and dot the i's and prepare a strong case for the crown, and for no bail, before Borce's top criminal lawyers can interfere with that in any way.

Maybe they had a solid alibi for Sarah and it ruled her out straight away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think its very unusual, SR does live there.

I think its very unusual, SR does live there.

But why would police tell MSM anyway?

I think police have leaked the info that we have seen in MSM because, as Trooper said yesterday, they would like Borce to get good legal representation (which he has done) and turn himself in.

But why would police tell MSM anyway?
MSM could do some research on their own account. If Sarah was there overnight, no problem with saying so. If she wasn't, not necessary to go into where she was, but say which other person last saw Karen, and when.

MSM could do some research on their own account. If Sarah was there overnight, no problem with saying so. If she wasn't, not necessary to go into where she was, but say which other person last saw Karen, and when.

Yes, I'd like to know that too. Have always wanted to know that. Because it may give us the time frame in which this murder occurred. Instead of relying on Borce's story ... which I don't believe anyway.
But it seems no-one is going to tell MSM. Perhaps they have been asked to keep their mouths closed by the police?

Yes, I'd like to know that too. Have always wanted to know that. Because it may give us the time frame in which this murder occurred. Instead of relying on Borce's story ... which I don't believe anyway.
But it seems no-one is going to tell MSM. Perhaps they have been asked to keep their mouths closed by the police?
Yes . . . getting inquisitive might jeopardize their access to privileged information.

At some point it has to register with Borce, the stranger theory is long gone.

I wonder what his defense will be.?

I would think Karen's remains wouldn't be at the skeletal stage yet. Probably most likely to be blackened with leathery looking skin. Have to remember she's been out in the elements for 8 months amongst wild life and all sorts of weather. There's lots of good YouTube videos that explain decomposition rates. This obviously makes determining a cause of death very difficult. Remember when Alison Baden clay was found, she had been dead for ten days and they couldn't really ever establish a definite cause of death. Karen could still have died from head trauma from falling down the stairs, perhaps a very severe haemorrhage which might not necessarily show any skull fracture but I would imagine that unlikely. I'm guessing she was most likely strangled or suffocated which is how Allison probably was killed as well.

Maybe they had a solid alibi for Sarah and it ruled her out straight away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But I think the issue is, when and where did Karen die, given that what Borce says is unreliable.

[h=1]Finding out how Karen Ristevski died 'crucial' to prosecution, top lawyer says[/h]The badly decomposed body of the 47-year-old was discovered in bushland north of the city and initial autopsy results reportedly failed to find visible signs of injury.

"It's a process of elimination," defence lawyer Bernie Balmer said.
"In order to charge and prosecute someone for murder you've got to eliminate all other possibilities – that it wasn't an accident.
It's crucial to find a cause of death."
But it's also not impossible to lay charges without one, Queensland-based forensic criminologist Dr Claire Ferguson said.

Dr Ferguson pointed to the Allison Baden-Clay case in 2012.
The forensic pathologist could not say for sure how Mrs Baden-Clay died because of the decomposition of her body, found on a creek bank in Brisbane's west 10 days after she was reported missing

Her husband Gerard Baden-Clay was still charged and convicted of murder.
"You can move forward with a criminal trial without proving a manner or cause of death," Dr Ferguson said.

Critical to the Ristevski case will be whether her body was concealed, Dr Ferguson said.
"That could become really important. If the body is concealed, it's a pretty big problem for someone," she said

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/f...secution-top-lawyer-says-20170223-gujq1x.html

Is it able to be identified when AR's rant on FB started on the 28th-29th?

Is it able to be identified when AR's rant on FB started on the 28th-29th?
Started, no, but: (First thread, post #88, DanInOz)

There was a lot of posts on June 29 on his FB. Seems as if he was awake till 4am then back on it at 1.30pm. Karen was reported missing at 10am by her husband

He must of been aware of something happening, Im trying to work out if he met Karen before she went home after work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme