Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget the other business he gained control over in March

Company documents show Ms Ristevski’s company, Warrant Brands, is one of a series of business ventures in which she and husband Borce Ristevski have been involved, which include failed plans to sell pecan nuts to China and to sell a line of clothing using the name of former tennis star Mark Philippoussis.
Paperwork declaring Mr Ristevski had taken over from his wife as the sole director of *Warrant Brands, which is linked to her Bella Bleu fashion label, was filed with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission in March.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...s/news-story/b1b9688adeee6dbd340e17d35eec2de6

“I’m going to say whatever I want to say, and who’s going to dispute that”.

Mr Ristevski was keen to stress that the Broadmeadows Bella Bleu store, which the couple ran alongside the Watergardens outlet, closed down in February 2016 — four months before his wife disappeared.

He conceded that a caveat was put on the family home by the Broadmeadows shopping centre, but said that did not mean the couple were on the verge of losing their $1.1 million property.

“It just means that there is a dispute, and then the dispute gets resolved and it gets lifted,” he said.

So hypothetically, if I own a house and in my will I bequeath it to my daughter rather than my husband, she misses out?

Wills? By law all possessions are divided 50:50 unless some sort of prenuptial​ agreement was signed but that scenario is unlikely, they have been together 20+ years.

Nobody has been charged in relation to KR murder, does it mean everyone in R family have their passports and can freely leave the country?

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk

To put it in a nutshell, who would benefit most from Karen's death?
Who had the motive, means and opportunity to murder Karen?

On paper, BR "fits the bill" but if investigators had evidence that he was an alleged perpetrator, wouldn't they have charged him by now?
In reality the person who "fits the bill" on paper is not always ultimately found responsible for the alleged crime.

In reality the person who fits the bill is the person found to be responsible for the crime. Karen's body was only found a week ago, it is not unusual for charges not to have been laid as yet, it's often months and sometimes years later before people are charged.

So hypothetically, if I own a house and in my will I bequeath it to my daughter rather than my husband, she misses out?

Yes if your marriage ends and you go through the legal channels for property settlement. 50/50.
imo

A house can be in your name, but if you have been married for any length of time - it's not really yours to give away.

He can contest the will and would more likely win.

I think the point about sharing 50/50 was more about divorce not Karen's death. He would have had to share everything with Karen had they got divorced. And she with him.

To put it in a nutshell, who would benefit most from Karen's death?
Who had the motive, means and opportunity to murder Karen?

On paper, BR "fits the bill" but if investigators had evidence that he was an alleged perpetrator, wouldn't they have charged him by now?
In reality the person who "fits the bill" on paper is not always ultimately found responsible for the alleged crime.
John Edwards says the same, he's the chief suspect in the disappearance of his wife, Sharon. Only time will tell in both these instances.

We don't know what went on behind closed doors in the days and weeks leading up to Karen's death...

Maybe the argument was less to do with financial concerns (she'd been there and done that for years) and more to do with dissatisfaction with her marriage...
Discussions and arguments about Karen allegedly wishing to end the marriage?...how to uphold family image?...how to tell family and friends?
Timing - waiting till after Sarah's 21st birthday?...how to deal with the aftermath of AR's alleged phone call to Karen?

Motive - Crime of passion
Benefit - "If I can't have you, no one else will" - fear of
abandonment
Opportunity - Being present

I think the point about sharing 50/50 was more about divorce not Karen's death. He would have had to share everything with Karen had they got divorced. And she with him.

Thanks, sleep. :)

And now that Karen is deceased .... he wouldn't have to share with anyone. He can keep it all for himself.
(Unless, of course, he is charged and found guilty of murdering Karen.)
Which was my point in the first place. Motive for murder.

Renouncing or losing your rights under a will
Being "unworthy to succeed" is relatively rare and would arise, for example, where the surviving spouse/civil partner murdered the deceased or committed certain other serious crimes against the deceased. It may also arise if you had deserted your spouse/civil partner for at least two years before the death.
http://www.citizensinformation.ie/e...estate/what_happens_the_deceaseds_estate.html

Yes, in a culture (his) where the woman's greatest feat is meant to be "married".

What a blow to his ego, if Karen's intent to leave him was the case.
And how would he support his lifestyle?
What about the $1.1 million house that was in Karen's name only?
What about the shop Bella Bleu where Karen was sole shareholder?
Not to mention Karen's share of inheritance that had perhaps bailed her out of some immediate debt, and was continuing to assist with their lifestyle, or was tucked away safely for the future.
Could his Uber driving bring in the income to measure up to the lifestyle he was accustomed to?

Can you please stop with the stereotypes of Macedonian culture? What you are claiming is simply not true.

Been looking on net and found that in America they can determine how long a body has been in a certain place by the types of bugs on the body. A lot of it might as well be written in another language cause I don't understand half of it. Wonder if that is used in Aus?

Watched a fantastic documentary Body Farm Texas.......fascinating.

And seeing this is an ongoing criminal investigation into KR's death, i am not sure if the Will, if KR had one could be dispensed until the facts of who killed her are brought to conclusion. But i'm sure BR's attorney would have informed him of the next step in that regard, IMO.

Wills? By law all possessions are divided 50:50 unless some sort of prenuptial​ agreement was signed but that scenario is unlikely, they have been together 20+ years.

Nobody has been charged in relation to KR murder, does it mean everyone in R family have their passports and can freely leave the country?

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk

I am fairly sure they can do whatever they wish right now because no one has been charged with a crime yet. Usually Passports are revoked when someone is bonded out of prison and deemed a flight risk.

Can you please stop with the stereotypes of Macedonian culture? What you are claiming is simply not true.

Macedonian Women’s Fight against Tradition - Oct 25, 2016

.... instead of wishing me to achieve even greater academic goals, most members of my broader family circle greeted me with the words “You should get married soon, so that we have a reason for another big fat celebration like this one."

... women’s success can and should be measured by their marital status before their academic achievements.

"Get up immediately and clean the room! How is that guy ever going to want to marry you if he sees you lying on your bed while the room is a mess?"

... it also had (and still has) the fourth lowest divorce rate in the world, even though media constantly reports on domestic violence.

... the tendency to belittle women is also related to inheritance. Macedonia has the second lowest percentage in the Balkans of inherited property registered on the name of women.

.... pro-government media often reduces these women to their looks, femininity and public appearance.

... same tradition that cherishes marriage as the greatest success condemns divorce as the biggest failure ...

http://vostokian.com/macedonian-womens-fight-against-tradition/

<modsnip> But traditions can continue, even in Australia. My family carries on English traditions. Many other families carry on with their traditional ways. It is just the way things are.
<modsnip>

<modsnip> with my own parents migrating to Australia in the mid 50's they adapted very well to Australian culture but also maintained their own, and it's what i grew up with and influenced my life. It's nice to experience different cultures and Australia has much to offer in that regard being such a multi cultural culture. I had no idea where Macedonia was so looked it up on the internet and it looked interesting.

Macedonian Women&#8217;s Fight against Tradition - Oct 25, 2016

.... instead of wishing me to achieve even greater academic goals, most members of my broader family circle greeted me with the words &#8220;You should get married soon, so that we have a reason for another big fat celebration like this one."

... women&#8217;s success can and should be measured by their marital status before their academic achievements.

"Get up immediately and clean the room! How is that guy ever going to want to marry you if he sees you lying on your bed while the room is a mess?"

... it also had (and still has) the fourth lowest divorce rate in the world, even though media constantly reports on domestic violence.

... the tendency to belittle women is also related to inheritance. Macedonia has the second lowest percentage in the Balkans of inherited property registered on the name of women.

.... pro-government media often reduces these women to their looks, femininity and public appearance.

... same tradition that cherishes marriage as the greatest success condemns divorce as the biggest failure ...

Sounds much like my upbringing in Australian culture.

Macedonian Women&#8217;s Fight against Tradition - Oct 25, 2016

.... instead of wishing me to achieve even greater academic goals, most members of my broader family circle greeted me with the words &#8220;You should get married soon, so that we have a reason for another big fat celebration like this one."

... women&#8217;s success can and should be measured by their marital status before their academic achievements.

It doesn't automatically mean that these traditions or values are carried by this particular family or individuals in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx