GUILTY Australia - Kiesha Weippeart, 6, Mount Druitt, NSW, 18 July 2010 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pictures are great thanks butwhatif?. I've just been on google earth looking at the area. I see what you mean about a lot of possible places within a 2km radius.

From the news reports the police are being extremely thorough, canvassing known child sex offenders in the area as well as investigating the sighting of Kiesha by a neighbour. Nothing to add except I wonder if the unit Kiesha lived in was a rental. I haven't rented in several years but back when I did the real estate kept copies of the keys to the property as standard practise. There was also nothing stopping past and present tenants from having extra keys cut and hanging onto them. Given there was no signs of forced entry, it's a long shot but yet another possibility.

Has it been explained, if true, why no clothing belonging to the little girl was found in the family home?

Kieshas Maternal grandfather only just found out they Kiesha is missing..:waitasec:

Snip

The hospital visit comes as Kiesha's grandfather Rodney Jones claimed he only found out his grand-daughter had gone missing when he saw the 6pm news.

"I saw it on the news and I wasn't sure, but I hoped it wasn't my Kiesha," he told The Sunday Telegraph.

"I called my son. Daniel, and he said that it was her, so I packed the bag and was in the car within half-an-hour.

"I drove straight to the police station at Mt Druitt."

Mr Jones, who lives in Canberra with his wife Tanya, is the father of Kiesha's mother, Kristi Abrahams.

He said his relationship with Kristi was good.

They talked often and she (sic) didn't think it was unusual that she didn't call him.

"She was probably busy worrying with the family and didn't have time to call," he said.

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/kie...se/story-e6frfkvr-1225902563015#ixzz0vxoEmymU

Oh-kay! Too busy- yeah I buy that..:croc:

And Tiff, re the units where Kiesha lived, my guess is housing commission or rental.
But AFAIK what's happening with housing comission atm is that the wait list is really long, but they also want to try trim down high areas of housing commission instead of having them all in one location.
So they can go through private rental agencies , but it's still paid for by the dept of housing.
So it could be a rental either way.

I wanted to walk down the driveway to get a picture of the entrance to the units, but I was worried about trespassing, even though there wasn't an officer in sight. LOL. I'm so NOT cut out to be a journo.

LOL, I shouldn't laugh but can relate to your feeling of not wanting to go down that driveway! You did well imo butwhatif? to go get the pictures that you did. Re Kristi too busy to notify her dad...hmm. Read somewhere in the news that forensics took or processed the door so im hopeful they'll turn something up in that respect if someone else handled that door, had a key etc.

Search called off for Kiesha Abrahams

Police have called off their ground search for missing six-year-old Sydney girl Kiesha Abrahams.

The extensive air, ground and water search for the western Sydney girl has ended after seven days of police combing areas around her family's Mt Druitt unit.

Police announced on Sunday that the physical search has concluded, but Strike Force Jarocin will continue to investigate Kiesha's disappearance.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...d-off-for-kiesha-abrahams-20100808-11pwd.html

so they have come out and said it........abc news as well...which is a bit more serious than some of the others....

what I find interesting is that all the police have released to the media re what the latest witness has said is that she saw her a week before she dissappeared with a family member.....they wont say who the family member was.....wonder if this is significant.......

I wonder if bio dad is a suspect as well........

I can't get this quote out of my mind:

Robert Smith told The Daily Telegraph that police "absolutely ... think I did it".

Even taken in context, that he was discussing being questioned by the police and that, according to him, the police told him to take them to her body ... even taken in that context, it still bothers me.

Did what Robert? She's only missing, as far as we know. I'm trying to put myself in those shoes and I think I wouldn't be able to bring myself to say that just yet. I think I would be saying things like "they think I have something to do with her disappearance".

Instead he says: "(they) ... think I did it"

That quote has been really bugging me since I first read it.

Here's what I think Robert. I think you did do it and I think Kristi is covering for you.

I wonder if bio dad is a suspect as well........

Respectfully snipped. It's a bit difficult to know. Early media reports had him ruled out by police as a suspect but the latest story says ALL of Kiesha's immediate family. I'd assume he is.

Search called off for Kiesha Abrahams

Police have called off their ground search for missing six-year-old Sydney girl Kiesha Abrahams.

The extensive air, ground and water search for the western Sydney girl has ended after seven days of police combing areas around her family's Mt Druitt unit.

Police announced on Sunday that the physical search has concluded, but Strike Force Jarocin will continue to investigate Kiesha's disappearance.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...d-off-for-kiesha-abrahams-20100808-11pwd.html

This article has me srcatching my head, since in a report yesterday they said that they would not be giving up the search unless their manpower was needed elsewhere.

I have to think that they either found something on Richmond Rd last night (which I'm doubtful of since media would have been all over it), or someone has given them info that Kiesha has been handed off to someone else.
Especially in light of saying that she was seen a week before with a relative.
Why not say which relative? Aunt, uncle, mum, dad ?

And what neighbour was the witness? A neighbour in the street, or in the unit block? Since everyone was being doorknocked in the first few days, and there was a strong police presence, how could this neighbour not have known and spoken up sooner?

Todays paper shows a pic of mum and step-dad leaving the motel with the kids last night. Wonder if they were off for more questioning or just going to visit friends or relatives?

This article has me srcatching my head, since in a report yesterday they said that they would not be giving up the search unless their manpower was needed elsewhere.

I have to think that they either found something on Richmond Rd last night (which I'm doubtful of since media would have been all over it), or someone has given them info that Kiesha has been handed off to someone else.
Especially in light of saying that she was seen a week before with a relative.
Why not say which relative? Aunt, uncle, mum, dad ?

And what neighbour was the witness? A neighbour in the street, or in the unit block? Since everyone was being doorknocked in the first few days, and there was a strong police presence, how could this neighbour not have known and spoken up sooner?

Todays paper shows a pic of mum and step-dad leaving the motel with the kids last night. Wonder if they were off for more questioning or just going to visit friends or relatives?

Im thinking the search has been called off based on information gleaned during the past week. It depends what stage the police are up to in their investigation, what forensic results have come back etc, they may be at a standstill pending new information or be conducting further investigations or simply reviewing evidence. My instincts tell me an arrest is imminent (24-48hrs), however its not often that im right lol. Also, the credibility of the witness who alleges she saw Kiesha with a relative is important. That could have police looking at this matter in an entirely different light. Will be interesting to see if Mum, Dad and Step dad are re-interviewed anytime soon. Or if the mystery relative has been interviewed. There's probably a plausible explaination but like yourself im curious to know why we are only just learning about this neighbours information now.

Also from this link:

But Inspector Oxford says everyone is being considered a suspect at this stage.

The girl's mother and stepfather have been living in a nearby hotel, which he also questioned the wisdom of.

"I wonder if Kiesha happens to walk home, and who's there to wait for her?" he said.

Well there's plenty of loving people outside her house that aren't family, hoping she'll come home. Sad that her family isn't part of that.

One woman I spoke to at Kieshas wall said that she isn't supposed to be going outside per doctors orders because she's in such poor health. But even she made the walk up there to light a candle for Kiesha.

Im thinking the search has been called off based on information gleaned during the past week. It depends what stage the police are up to in their investigation, what forensic results have come back etc, they may be at a standstill pending new information or be conducting further investigations or simply reviewing evidence. My instincts tell me an arrest is imminent (24-48hrs), however its not often that im right lol. Also, the credibility of the witness who alleges she saw Kiesha with a relative is important. That could have police looking at this matter in an entirely different light. Will be interesting to see if Mum, Dad and Step dad are re-interviewed anytime soon. Or if the mystery relative has been interviewed. There's probably a plausible explaination but like yourself im curious to know why we are only just learning about this neighbours information now.

Hmmm, and now I'm thinking of those 20 bags of evidence the police left with....and the computer. Hoping, hoping, hoping they found something of value that hints at Kiesha still being alive.

Hmmm, and now I'm thinking of those 20 bags of evidence the police left with....and the computer. Hoping, hoping, hoping they found something of value that hints at Kiesha still being alive.

That would be the best outcome. Being able to see the upside of human nature like you did at Kieshas wall, speaking with the lady who attended in poor health for example is heartwarming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brooks78