Australia Australia - Kylie Blackwood, 42, Pakenham, Vic, 1 Aug 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In 1988 Jane Thurgood Dove was gunned down in her drive way with her young children witnessing this shocking crime. There was lots of speculation. Her private life pulled apart. They even had a policeman as a suspect. But it turned out it was a hired hit. Not on Jane but the wife of a criminal who lived in the same street. The hit men were not very smart. They counted the houses from the corner but the intended victim lived at the other end of the street same number of houses from the other corner.
Could Kylie have been murdered by mistake for someone else in the same area?

:bump:

Thinking of you Kylie.

Xmas is approaching, and your murderer is still wandering free, while your children spend their days without their beloved mum. :(

Something's just not right here.

:bump:

Thinking of you Kylie.

Xmas is approaching, and your murderer is still wandering free, while your children spend their days without their beloved mum. :(

Something's just not right here.

Absolutely! Kylie is not forgotten.........may justice be served very soon.

August! I can't believe it is that long ago and no arrests in sight. I am glad her husband is doing something to remember her by. It will put the focus back on her terrible demise. Maybe someone will come forward with some snippet of information they thought was irrelevant at the time. Here's hoping.
I am about 10km from Pakenham. Have been reading all the relevant local papers but no mention for months. Maybe this will get some interest back in the case.

August! I can't believe it is that long ago and no arrests in sight. I am glad her husband is doing something to remember her by. It will put the focus back on her terrible demise. Maybe someone will come forward with some snippet of information they thought was irrelevant at the time. Here's hoping.
I am about 10km from Pakenham. Have been reading all the relevant local papers but no mention for months. Maybe this will get some interest back in the case.

I notice at the bottom of that article it says ..

"For the full story, pick up this week’s edition of the Pakenham-Berwick Gazette."

If they don't put it online, will you be picking up the paper Marg from Oz? Would love to know what the rest of the article says ... like does Peter Blackwood ask for help from the public with any tips for the police, or if there is a comment from the local police/Homicide Division about the investigation 'progressing', or anything like that.

I'd love to know if they ever found the mystery man (though I'm sure they won't tell us that!)
Or if they have any POIs (I'm sure they won't tell us that either!)

I drop my son off each morning in Hallam which is half way to Pakenham. Do you know which day it is on sale? I could call in at a newsagent on my way home and pick up a copy

I drop my son off each morning in Hallam which is half way to Pakenham. Do you know which day it is on sale? I could call in at a newsagent on my way home and pick up a copy

Thank you Marg from Oz. :loveyou:

I'm presuming it is tomorrow ... as their FB post from 7 hours ago says ...

"For the story visit the website and grab a copy of the Gazette tomorrow."

https://www.facebook.com/PakenhamBerwickGazette/posts/555877967829514

https://www.facebook.com/PakenhamBerwickGazette?ref=stream&hc_location=stream

O.k. will go to Berwick in the morning. It is closer than Pakenham and I know where the newsagent is there.

I think I will have to go by boat. The rain has not stopped here . Can't think from the noise on the roof and I've got tiles not a tin roof.

O.k. will go to Berwick in the morning. It is closer than Pakenham and I know where the newsagent is there.

That's great! Thank you.

You may have to paraphrase the bits that weren't in the article that we have seen, as we can only copy 10% of an article due to copyright laws.

:tyou:

(I'd drive there myself, but I live a little further than you :) )

Finally, something new in the media about this case.

I just came across this link in the Pakenham Gazette online. It is Peter Blackwood speaking about a foundation he has set up in Kylie's honour:

http://pakenham.starcommunity.com.au/gazette/2013-12-03/kylies-legacy/

:seeya:

Thanks SouthAussie. Very brief article here in the Herald Sun.

Read more: December 04, 2013 - Murder victim Kylie Blackwood's husband Peter Blackwood breaks silence on wife's brutal murder

Another terrible mistake under the football photo in that article:

"Hawthorn coach Alastair Clarkson pictured with with Peter Blackwood and his children, <modsnips>K and M, 11, and son C, 13, in August." Should be H!!!!!

I see they've fixed it up now. Phew - awful mistake!!:facepalm:

"Mr Blackwood conceded he may never know why his wife was killed ..."

"..... my wife has been murdered and I don't know why. We may never find out why," he said."

"I am raising a family and at the same time working with Homicide to try to find a killer."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...es-brutal-murder/story-fni0ffnk-1226775019888

:what: Does this mean that the investigation has stalled?! Surely not. The police have not asked for any more leads or tips for quite a while, and don't they generally do that when they have reached a dead-end with their existing leads/tips?

Why does Peter Blackwood hold out so little hope that police will find out who murdered Kylie and why? While it has been four months, surely it is not that long in the scheme of things ... in a murder investigation?

There are families of victims on other WS threads that are still holding out hope (Shandee Blackburn's family, for example) and the investigations into those murders have been going on for a lot longer.

"..... my wife has been murdered and I don't know why. We may never find out why," he said."

"I am raising a family and at the same time working with Homicide to try to find a killer."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...es-brutal-murder/story-fni0ffnk-1226775019888

:what: Does this mean that the investigation has stalled?! Surely not. The police have not asked for any more leads or tips for quite a while, and don't they generally do that when they have reached a dead-end with their existing leads/tips?

Why does Peter Blackwood hold out so little hope that police will find out who murdered Kylie and why? While it has been four months, surely it is not that long in the scheme of things ... in a murder investigation?

There are families of victims on other WS threads that are still holding out hope (Shandee Blackburn's family, for example) and the investigations into those murders have been going on for a lot longer.

Great points you make, SouthAussie! I'm surprised Mr Blackwood's so reconciled to possibly never finding out why Kylie was killed.I 'd have thought that as the husband he would be holding onto hope that the perpetrator would be caught....JMO

BBM

Ooooh, I see the Herald Sun has added more the the article I linked up thread earlier.

Re BBM ^ :facepalm:

Kylie’s legacy

Posted on 04 December 2013

UPDATE

"Peter said he remembered Kylie being particularly upset at the attack and murder of Jill Meagher on her way home from a night out in Brunswick in September 2010, which touched a raw nerve for many in that community and well beyond.

Numbed by grief, Peter said he was largely unaware that Kylie’s death had a similarly profound effect on this community and well beyond."

Read more: http://pakenham.starcommunity.com.au/gazette/2013-12-04/kylies-legacy/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8
Back