Australia Australia - Kylie Blackwood, 42, Pakenham, Vic, 1 Aug 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
All the papers are grabbing the articles now ... good to know they have just been waiting for something to print, and that Kylie's murder has not been forgotten! Finally someone is speaking to the media, even if it is not so much about the murder and catching the perp. At least it is in the public eye again, and someone may come forward and give some further info to help police.

And good to hear that Peter Blackwood has been working with Homicide in their investigation.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...sband-speaks-out/story-fnjbnvyf-1226775366843

I've been keeping an eye on the Pakenham-Berwick Gazette FB page.

I find it interesting that the original article about Kylie's murder (on 1st August) with all of the locals comments has been removed. So glad I got to read them all before it was removed. Someone was concerned that the murder was a 'setup'.

All that is left is this one, with only a couple of comments.

https://www.facebook.com/PakenhamBerwickGazette/posts/496807180403260

And their article about the 20-year old's death is here, included in the comments is a speculation that police know who committed the murder.

https://www.facebook.com/PakenhamBerwickGazette/posts/537812649636046

But there has been nothing written since either of the murders. Nothing at all. So odd. The townspeople can't speak of it? Or if they do, is it removed?

And the local paper has written no follow-up articles .... hmmm.

Just reading back and see that I missed this post of yours SouthAussie. Very interesting . I wish that I'd seen/read all the comments before they were removed.

Just reading back and see that I missed this post of yours SouthAussie. Very interesting . I wish that I'd seen/read all the comments before they were removed.

Yes, there were loads of them initially ... then poof, they pretty much all disappeared! And I notice that now there are none or few comments on any articles that the Pakenham-Berwick Gazette FB has been posting about Kylie.

It is hard to believe that no-one is commenting on one of the biggest, worst things that has happened in Pakenham, something that remains unresolved, something that police are not issuing warnings to 'watch for your safety, lock your doors'. I think they must just be monitoring it super-closely for some reason. Maybe not liking the previous talk that it was a 'set-up'?

Yes, there were loads of them initially ... then poof, they pretty much all disappeared! And I notice that now there are none or few comments on any articles that the Pakenham-Berwick Gazette FB has been posting about Kylie.

It is hard to believe that no-one is commenting on one of the biggest, worst things that has happened in Pakenham, something that remains unresolved, something that police are not issuing warnings to 'watch for your safety, lock your doors'. I think they must just be monitoring it super-closely for some reason. Maybe not liking the previous talk that it was a 'set-up'?
BBM

Thanks SouthAussie!

Yes, I've noticed too that there are a whole lot of 'likes' on the new articles about Kylie on the Pakenham-Berwick Gazette FB page but only about three comments.?! Let's hope that the reason for the silence from the police is because they are monitoring someone super-closely. I can't think why else they wouldn't be saying more when there's a killer still on the loose.

This is SO puzzling that comments by readers of the articles have disappeared...

And that we are reading/hearing so very little from the people in Kylie's community!

I wonder why a murder so terrifying as Kylie's is not bringing out strong reactions/actions by people fearing the killer may still be "on the loose"?

:waitasec:

JMO

BBM

Thanks SouthAussie!

Yes, I've noticed too that there are a whole lot of 'likes' on the new articles about Kylie on the Pakenham-Berwick Gazette FB page but only about three comments.?! Let's hope that the reason for the silence from the police is because they are monitoring someone super-closely. I can't think why else they wouldn't be saying more when there's a killer still on the loose.

I, too, can only hope that LE is watching someone very closely as they continue their investigation...

And that this is the reason for so little coverage of Kylie's heinous murder...

JMO

I continue to wonder... As we wait for a POI to emerge...

WHO would benefit most from Kylie's "removal"...

What could be the motive? The attack seems (IMO) a most personal one... As the attack seems so violent .... and "close up and personal"...

Money?

Jealousy?

Spurned love?

Money?

I am trying to remember... Has there been a list of persons officially "cleared" by LE in Kylie's murder?

JMO

I picked up a copy of the Berwick Pakenham Gazette yesterday. Had no wi .fi connection yesterday {PROBABLY THE NON STOP RAIN}. I see this morning all the posts. There was a page and a half on Kylie in the Gazette. After reading the posts and links to the Herald Sun and the Geellong paper. I find that the other two papers have picked up the rest of the story that was not shown on the Gazette's webpage. In essence the full story from the Gazette has been distributed around the other newspapers.

Thanks, Marg from Oz, for picking up the paper yesterday - and for confirming that, between all the articles, we have all the info that was printed in it.

It would have been so worrisome to think there was something out there about Kylie that we couldn't read :) .

Such a beautiful loving mother, stolen from her children. And I will never get past the fact that her young girls were the ones who found Kylie :( . So traumatic, and a picture they will live with forever.

Her murderer MUST be caught!

When the murderer is caught they should be given more time for what they put those children through. The sight of finding their mother like that will be imprinted in their minds forever. From info that has come out it would have been a horrific sight. I just hope police working on something. The police were so fast to arrest Jill Meagher's murder and the other young girl found in the barrel that it seems they are going nowhere with this case and Shey's.

But it was quite some time before they determined in tJane THurgood Dove's case that the hit men got the wrong house.

I tend to think it was a hit, too. Not sure if it was the wrong house, or the right house (NOT suggesting that Kylie did anything to warrant the hit). Between various comments, and the fact that police were welcoming tips from people who lived a different 'lifestyle', and that there were no items missing from the house, and someone seemed to know when Kylie was alone and scheduled to be home ....

Very messy for a hit - but the other indicators seem to be like a hit - so maybe a hit that is meant to look like a spurned love?

Marg, the rain was full on, wasn't it? Where's summer, already?! I wanna know!!! (as I sit here in my cosies listening to MORE full-on rain, with the heater on -- in December, for goodness sake! Brr!)

SA, the sad thing is, it's no longer plain when a crime is personal, thanks to all the psychotic aggression-inducing drugs we have here now.. But this crime - call it a gut feeling only, but I tend to think that if there was a personal motive of the killer themselves, it would be somebody who didn't give a rat's about the kids -- they MUST have known it'd be the children who'd find her.. or didn't care enough even think about it. I don't see much shame (I dislike the term 'remorse') or undoing, either, which is pretty common when the killer is personally involved with the victim.

It might seem awful to say, but I almost wish those signs were there, rather than being left to wonder if there's a random nutter running around Melbourne, attacking women in their homes. It's scary that TWO pretty blondes have been so brutally attacked, and close to each other in distance, age, looks and social habits.. not to mention the extent of their injuries.

I still feel so bad for those children, too. I cannot imagine the trauma of finding a parent like that. :(

Assuming that the murderer is the person who cased Kylie's house, then returned minutes later after Kylie got home from shopping (then killed her), I think the intentions were pretty specific.

They didn't drive there (no vehicle to be traced/identified), they made an effort to disguise themselves, they didn't steal anything, they went during a period when Kylie was likely to be home and alone. They went to the home, looked inside (Kylie's not there), came back 10-15mins later when Kylie returned home (perhaps made a phone call? perhaps then waited nearby to see Kylie drive past on her way home?), then left 20 mins later (does that mean they were there for 5mins or 20mins? 20mins is a long time for a quick hit). Why didn't they just move on to a different house and enter that one instead?

"The Herald Sun has been told the man returned 10 to 15 minutes later, when Ms Blackwood had come home from a shopping trip and left the garage door open.
The tradesman has told police he saw the suspect "hurriedly" walking away about 20 minutes later."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...-kylie-blackwood/story-fni0fee2-1226701849038

Did Kylie typically leave the garage door open during the day between school dropoffs? Did the killer know Kylie wouldn't be working that day? She only worked a couple of days each week .. were they the same days each week, or did they vary? Would Kylie normally have gone to pick the girls up, but didn't that day so they (unexpectedly) wandered home? Many articles say how impeccably dressed/groomed Kylie was when she was seen at the school. And Peter arrived home with the son 'shortly after' the girls discovered Kylie. Did Kylie typically drop off/collect the girls, and Peter dropped off/collected the son?

I must say, I am glad the non-local Homicide squad is investigating this crime, and not just the local police .. of whom one is also the Mayor! Small community, an everybody-knows-everybody situation, sometimes the hardest situation in which to pin down a murderer IMO.

Hypothetically speaking! What if someone cuts off a part of a body when murdered! Lets say part of the hand may be??
What's your views on that?

Hypothetically speaking! What if someone cuts off a part of a body when murdered! Lets say part of the hand may be??

OMG Imaright! Hypothetically, I would say that would be absolutely horrifying! And I would say that someone would be fighting for their life, if they happened to be fighting a knife attack ... a knife attack that could also have left other knife wounds to the hands, and to the face.

I would also say that it could lengthen a murderous attack from a brief 5mins to a more horrendous 20mins!

And welcome, Imaright! So nice to have you join us! We could use some fresh speculation about this mysterious and horrifying case.

:welcome6:

:welcome: Imaright! :welcome:

Well... You have brought up a very intriguing question...

On quick response... I would think the cutting off of the hand would be a "sign"... Or a "symbol"...

maybe a "signature" action of a serial offender...

Or a symbol of some type of organization... Gang... Etc...

then... I would have to ask... Which hand was removed? Was there an expensive piece of jewelry on a finger or a wrist...(ring or bracelet or ??? )

Or... Was there a sentimental piece of jewelry on that hand/wrist that the offender knew meant a great deal to the victim... Or meant a great deal to the offender...

and... Then I would have to ask... Was the hand found by the deceased body? ...

or was it taken with the offender when s/he escaped?

Just some thoughts...

I am curious... I do not remember if this has been reported...

Did Kylie have any tattoos.. like on her hands, or shoulders, or ???

Why haven't they mentioned the other lady who was murdered?? 2 murders in a spade of a few months of each other and we hear nothing!!!

Why haven't they mentioned the other lady who was murdered?? 2 murders in a spade of a few months of each other and we hear nothing!!!

I remember a 20 year old being shot...

Haven't heard much more about her...

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member