GUILTY Australia - Kylie Maybury, 6, abducted & murdered, Preston, Vic, 6 Nov 1984

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
do you favour a coffee table book, or some kind of retrospective about Kylie on TV?

i think the medium is of little consequence. What is important is that Kylie's precious life is celebrated and her alleged killer is but a footnote in her story.

How would you title the book... "Death of an Innocent" and "Innocence Lost" are too cliche. Maybe something that alludes to either Strawberry Shortcake or Rainbow Brite, since Kylie loved those toy franchises.

How would you title the book... "Death of an Innocent" and "Innocence Lost" are too cliche. Maybe something that alludes to either Strawberry Shortcake or Rainbow Brite, since Kylie loved those toy franchises.

No idea.

I look forward to seeing the prosecution team tear Davies into shreds.

Hopefully they won't have any mercy whatsoever. At 73, most of his life is over. At 6, Kylie's had barely begun.

I had a dream last night that Kylie returned from Heaven to this world to personally give evidence against Davies. She looked like an adult in my dream though. Probably cause my subconscious knew that Kylie would be 39 this October.

Be nice if that could happen - murder victims brought back to life to put their murderers away for good.

I've sent messages to a few Australian publishers suggesting that they talk to some of their contracted authors about writing the definitive book on Kylie.

If they *do* do some sort of telemovie or docudrama, please filmmakers, for the love of all that is holy, please don't have it narrated by Kylie FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE. I hated that in the JonBenet Ramsey movie.

Had a reply to one of my emails:

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your email. Unfortunately matching writers with story tellers is not really a service we offer. I would suggest contacting your local State Writer’s Center or the Australian Association of Authors for assistance. You may find some useful links here: http://www.curtisbrown.com.au/useful-links/

All the best,
Ali Ireland
Curtis Brown
Curtis Brown (Aust) Pty Ltd | Literary Agents
PO Box 19 | Paddington NSW 2021 | Australia
T: [61 2] 9361 6161
E: reception@curtisbrown.com.au
W: www.curtisbrown.com.au

I've had a response from an author and ex The Age journalist. Hopefully it will lead to something substantial.

Davies' committal hearing is this week. His defence team are going to be allowed to brutally cross-examine Julie Maybury "to see if Kylie could have had access to Valium before leaving the flat".

How much justice can really be served when Davies is pushing 80?
I wonder why the count of false imprisonment was withdrawn?

Smells like they offered him a deal... "we'll withdraw the count of false imprisonment and offer you a light sentence if you plead guilty".

Also mods, the "*arrest*" part of the thread title doesn't need to be there now he's pled guilty and will be sentenced.

Very glad to read this today. <modsnip>

RIP little Kylie. I hope this brings some sense of closure to family and friends.

I hope they are invesigating this for Denise McGregor's murder too....

Yeah the similarities between what Davies did to Lucy in 1970 and what happened to Denise McGregor are too strong to be ignored.

stuff the nineteen seventies justice system that believed Paedos could be "rehabilitated". They are as responsible for Kylie's death as Davies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaximusWolff
Back