GUILTY Australia - Kylie Maybury, 6, abducted & murdered, Preston, Vic, 6 Nov 1984

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sheree Beasley got a book about her case after Lowe was put away. There's no reason Kylie shouldn't get one.

One-time The Age journalist Damien Kingsbury who reported on the Kylie Maybury case for The Age back in 1984 informed me in email that the homicide squad suspected from early on that Davies had kidnapped and killed Kylie, but had insufficient evidence to prove it.

Kylie Maybury's mother to be quizzed about 'murdered' girl's access to Valium
ABC News
Updated Thu Sep 29 13:32:11 EST 2016
Posted Thu Sep 29 12:39:33 EST 2016

'The mother of a six-year-old girl who was allegedly murdered in Melbourne's north more than 30 years ago will be questioned in court about the child's access to Valium before she died.

Kylie Maybury disappeared from a street in Preston, on Melbourne Cup Day in 1984, and was later found dead in a gutter one kilometre away.

Gregory Keith Davies, 74, was earlier this year arrested and charged with her murder and rape and also false imprisonment.

His lawyer has told the Magistrates' Court the girl was suffocated and DNA evidence would be the crux of the case.

He was given approval to cross-examine the girl's mother at a hearing next year about the child's access to Valium before she disappeared.

The drug was mentioned in court in the context of toxicology reports.

The prosecution alleges that Davies gave the girl the drug but the defence disputes it.

Davies was remanded in custody to face a committal hearing next May.'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-...l-to-be-questioned-about-valium-court/7888376

So Davies wants people to believe that Kylie just somehow got access to the medicine cabinet. F*ck him.

Maybe if he knew someone else closley associated with Kylie had access or was prescribed Valium it would work in his defence.

Thing is...... I think Valium was widely prescribed back then for any form of anxiety or depresssion.....

So Davies wants people to believe that Kylie just somehow got access to the medicine cabinet. F*ck him.

Maybe if he knew someone else closley associated with Kylie had access or was prescribed Valium it would work in his defence.

Thing is...... I think Valium was widely prescribed back then for any form of anxiety or depresssion.....

This tack by his defence lawyer disgusts me. As if Kylie's mother hasn't suffered enough.

I also doubt if mounting this defence is wise. I think it will garner the exact opposite to the desired result from the public, judge or jury.

After 32 years your little girl's killer is caught but he gets to use you in his defence?. Appalling.

It was a social norm to send your kids to the shops for a last minute needed item in the '80s. In no way does this make it a bad decision on her mothers part. At all.

It must have been a difficult life for Rebecca Maybury. I'd be surprised if she didn't have "My Beloved Smother" type over-protectiveness from her and Kylie's mother. And, of course, she'll forever be The Little Sister Left Behind.

It was a social norm to send your kids to the shops for a last minute needed item in the '80s. In no way does this make it a bad decision on her mothers part. At all.

agreed. Very common. And we used to get bex powders and cigs as well!!!!! can't do that anymore!

It's going to be a long wait until May. Kylie, her Mum and sister, deserve better than this long drawn out hellish process.

The Herald Sun's Keith Moor has indicated he will write an extensive feature article on Kylie for the Herald Sun once the court case has concluded but that the court case itself will be covered by the ordinary reporters.

According to her birth record, Kylie was born on 24th October 1978. Being killed on 6th November... she was murdered only a couple of weeks after her birthday!

Another cruelty in this case.

According to her birth record, Kylie was born on 24th October 1978. Being killed on 6th November... she was murdered only a couple of weeks after her birthday!

Another cruelty in this case.

It sure is, Paul. Kylie would be the same age as my daughter; born a week or so later and she could possibly have been the mother of her own children.

I am only 18 months younger than Kylie. I used to walk the few hundred meters to the local milk bar to collect my mother's newspapers for her or eggs or milk or bread or veggies and always lollies.

It was so normal. No one looked twice at the little 5 yo girl walking to the Rangeview shops. (I'm a trans man, my sex at birth was female).

To the people that watch this thread... what does Kylie and her story mean to you?

It's sort of shocking that everyone - EVERYONE! - knows the Beaumonts, Sheree Beasley etc. - but not Kylie.

People still know Kylie...... and care..... thats why we have someone in custody now....even all these years gone by..

Someone always cares... and their cases ars not forgotten.

:loveyou:
To the people that watch this thread... what does Kylie and her story mean to you?

It's sort of shocking that everyone - EVERYONE! - knows the Beaumonts, Sheree Beasley etc. - but not Kylie.

I hadn't heard about Kylie or the circumstances surrounding her death before joining WS, Paul. I live in another state of Australia and her murder was pre-internet and pre-social media so that's probably the reason.

Like any advocate for the most vulnerable among us, I am horrified that anyone would hurt or kill a child. All children are precious and deserve nothing less than to be cherished. Anyone who takes their rights and potential away from them deserves nothing less than to be dealt with under the harshest terms possible.

do you favour a coffee table book, or some kind of retrospective about Kylie on TV?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KryYo
Back