Australia Australia - Leisl Smith, 23, Wallarah, NSW, 19 Aug 2012 *arrest in 2019, died during trial*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Folks just a reminder we have to stick to what has been reported in MSM or from our verified insider eccsci, Leisl's sister.

Respectfully, in regards to her pregnancy, Leisl might have only informed her family that she had miscarried and no one else. It is a very private situation for a woman. Maybe she had chosen to not update anyone except her family that she was no longer pregnant. Therefore, someone could have been led to believe she was still pregnant and this assumption by said individual(s) could be strongly connected to why she disappeared. IMO

Hi All,
IK summed it up rather well. It's frustrating and upsetting when you feel like you are being stonewalled at every turn and are treated with contempt to boot. OUr family has done nothing wrong other than to be the family of a missing person.

Today marks 10 months since Leisl went missing. She left home about now and never came back. I don't care what she think she did or didn't do or say or whatever. I just want her back. I want to know if she is ok and if she isn't, how do I fix it or at least find the person who can. If I can't then I want the person who took what they thought was theirs to at least have some guts and either tell someone or hand themselves in.

I just want to know where she is.

J x

Hi All,
IK summed it up rather well. It's frustrating and upsetting when you feel like you are being stonewalled at every turn and are treated with contempt to boot. OUr family has done nothing wrong other than to be the family of a missing person.

Today marks 10 months since Leisl went missing. She left home about now and never came back. I don't care what she think she did or didn't do or say or whatever. I just want her back. I want to know if she is ok and if she isn't, how do I fix it or at least find the person who can. If I can't then I want the person who took what they thought was theirs to at least have some guts and either tell someone or hand themselves in.

J x

Nothing could dampen any amazement and joy if she came home I bet - not an issue in the world could detract from it!

I hope you get the answers you deserve soon and if someone needs to be held accountable they are.

I am really sorry you haven't had a good experience with the police. I have never been through anything even remotely similar. But from running into issues with an authority before, and going higher to find there is really no consequences, I can only extrapolate what that would be like in such life or death circumstances.

Hi All,

J x

Dear eccsci, I am writing to only to convey that I have so much empathy for you but can not help. If you are being stonewalled by someone you may appreciate my story which I have never told another person.

In Australia there was a report in the media that listed the most trusted professions. Amongst them were ambulance and paramedics. My mother needed a paramedic as she was in the last stages of cancer and would not go to care. At the end we had to call the paramedics to assist. My husband was out on the street ready to flag them down, in case they got lost, I was at the front door ready to answer questions and her husband was by her bedside holding her hand and telling her how much he loved her. Sad.

Cue to the paramedics. They wouldn't have cared if I was the Queen of England of a President. Where is the patient?! It is that voice of authority which is caring about the job at hand and not you. They were professional and precise. They saw me trying to not cry and then all out crying but they were their for my Mum. They were not looking at me on purpose. Emotion doesn't fix a medical condition.

I also have lost a most cherished brother from a heart attack one day after Mum died in ICU. I feel your pain.

I am not familiar with this but does anyone know of a support or advocacy group of missing or presumed dead people?

Keep us up to date and know that you aren't alone on your journey.

Kindest wishes,

Flinders

Bumping for Leisl, someone somewhere must know something!!!

Hi All,

Just so you are aware, the case has been referred to the NSW Police Integrity Commission by the Premier of NSW.

As you can imagine, I can't really give you much more detail than that. Feel free to browse the media etc, but I am not sure if they will have much more information than what I do.

Cheers,
J x

I hope that means positive movement for her case eccsci. Your family is doing her proud xx

Hi All,

Just so you are aware, the case has been referred to the NSW Police Integrity Commission by the Premier of NSW.

As you can imagine, I can't really give you much more detail than that. Feel free to browse the media etc, but I am not sure if they will have much more information than what I do.

Cheers,
J x

Thanks eccsci for letting us know the developments.

NSW Police Integrity Commission
What Does the Police Integrity Commission Do?
The Police Integrity Commission (PIC) was established in 1996 upon the recommendation of the Royal Commission into the New South Wales Police Service (the Royal Commission). The Police Integrity Commission Act 1996 (the Act) sets out the principal functions of the PIC. These functions can be summarised briefly as: preventing, detecting, and investigating serious police misconduct. The PIC is also responsible for detecting, investigating, and preventing misconduct by administrative officers of the NSW Police Force and officers of the NSW Crime Commission.
Read more...

eccsci - know that there are many of us who check for updates about Leisl often. I have this thread saved in my favourites list, and am always disappointed when it hasn't been bumped to the top due to news being posted.
:please:

As Leisl's case has been referred to the NSW P.I.C. .... does this mean the investigation into her disappearance is in 'limbo' or is it business as usual for Strike Task Force WEHL?

Central Coast
Police divers search Kangy Angy property for evidence of missing Leisl Smith

Lauren Nicholls
Central Coast Gosford Express Advocate
July 05, 2013 1:49PM

Divers search creek for missing woman

Police divers conducting a search for evidence in relation to missing believed murdered woman Leisl Smith at a Kangy Angy Property Source: News Limited

STRIKE Force detectives have searched an overgrown horse training pool and a creek at Kangy Angy for evidence in the suspicisous disappearance of Leisl Smith.

Police divers conducted a slow and meticulous line search today - wading through an overgrown former horse training pool and a creek that surrounds the quiet, secluded property.

<modsnip>

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...sing-leisl-smith/story-fngr8h0p-1226674863164

Central Coast
Police divers search Kangy Angy property for evidence of missing Leisl Smith

Lauren Nicholls
Central Coast Gosford Express Advocate
July 05, 2013 1:49PM

Divers search creek for missing woman

Police divers conducting a search for evidence in relation to missing believed murdered woman Leisl Smith at a Kangy Angy Property Source: News Limited

STRIKE Force detectives have searched an overgrown horse training pool and a creek at Kangy Angy for evidence in the suspicisous disappearance of Leisl Smith.

<modsnip>

Detectives said it was a targeted search and that all their chosen search sites were based on information they have gathered.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...sing-leisl-smith/story-fngr8h0p-1226674863164

Oh no...

My thoughts are with her family. That can't be an easy thing to hear.

I hope the police are wrong, hey. And that Leisl's still alive out there somewhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmandaRDH
Back