GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read more: Lisa Harnum climbed onto balcony before her death to scare murder accused: court told

NOVEMBER 15, 2013

33mpwmt.jpg

(Paraphrasing here … ) Mr Strickland said six factors may have prompted her to climb over the balcony's glass balustrade and fall.

1. Conflict after she rented a storage unit and gave clothes to her personal trainer
2. Argument when SG discovered her plans to leave
3. Discovery that SG had been monitoring her text messages through a computer program
4. Argument following SG’s ‘use’ of the couple's computer and a phone call to Lisa’s mum
5. Lisa tried to leave the apartment, SG put his hand over her mouth and dragged her back inside
6. SG’s insensitive remarks when he blamed Lisa for his aggression, after he had dragged her back inside

http://www.smh.com.au/national/simo...nam-to-fall-20131115-2xm7f.html#ixzz2khVf5dpE

These factors would make me want to kill him, not myself, and THEN leave!!

And as for wanting to scare him (why not, it's always all about him, isn't it?) … when would a woman terrified for her life have time to stop and think ‘oh, I think I’ll scare him … let me just clamber over this high glass enclosure with my handbag on my arm. Oh, and let me take the time to not leave any fingerprints either … can I do that in just one minute while he is making tea? Sure I can, I’m Superwoman!’

Also.....I noticed media articles state that LCH suffered from Bulimia and in other articles it is Anorexia Nervosa. Two different conditions.

Jodie Speers ‏@jodiespeers 1m

Re: torn-up note in Lisa's pocket warning of survllce cameras, defence says 'it confirms that Lisa was in a state of heightened paranoia'

I was so angry to read that at work this afternoon online. Poor Lisa's mother having to endure such pain and lies.

The phrase that ought to have used in truth is 'it confirms that Lisa was in a state of heightened fear and terror'. BBM

Hi montycooper, JudgeJudy & juliebeans...welcome to Websleuths...nice to have you on board :)

Thanks again to all who helped with the updates & also operationspirit for your "court report"....much appreciated!!

Hi JudgeJudy,

I know the article you are talking about and it has been posted but removed as it was an academic research article on 2 case studies of intimate partner violence and contained information that at that time was not allowed on this forum.

not sure if it is allowed now that the hearing part of the trial is over.

Even though the majority of the trial is over we still won't be allowed to post that research paper until the trial is fully over...ie..until the judge gives her verdict.

I've been thinking about Mr Rathwell's statement that he thought Lisa was luggage. So Lisa was possibly still when he saw her in SG's arms. I'm thinking that if I were being held in that fashion by someone in an agitated state, I'd freeze too & I certainly wouldn't be wriggling around, if I couldn't hang on to that person I'd be frozen hoping he was bluffing. For some reason Im feeling this may not have been the first time that poor little sweetheart was threatened with this before. A narcissist's mind would be saying 'see what YOU made me do?'.

I've watched that video of him grabbing Lisa around the head, it reminds of those head high tackles used in rugby league. You can see in the vid how his arm comes swinging around just before he grabs her & clamps down around her face. From then on, in my opinion, he had her in a vice like grip, using both arms, rendering her incapable of moving at all. Hence he had no scratches anywhere.

Also.....I noticed media articles state that LCH suffered from Bulimia and in other articles it is Anorexia Nervosa. Two different conditions.
I think that when Lisa confided in her counsellor and personal trainer she described it as bulimia. When the psychiatrist took the stand, she stated that in her opinion Lisa was anorexic.
I wonder what she thought of SG's disrespectful behaviour in court ... relaxed, smiling, gesturing to his family, blowing kisses, 'reading' the bible while being questioned by the prosecutor.
Surely she can see straight through him. SG's behaviour throughout this trial has been unbelievably inappropriate. When the court was shown 'happy' videos of SG and Lisa together, he tried to stop himself from laughing?? He is at the very least a narcissist but IMO probably a socio-path. Usually these people learn to feign appropriate behaviour by copying others. SG doesn't seem to be capable of even pretending to have normal emotional responses, or isn't willing to - just defiantly arrogant.

This statement by Strickland, and headine is preposterous! Whatever the scenario one fact is very positive. The causation of Lisa Harnum's death is - SIMON GITTANY.:rage::rage:

I agree KG...absolutely ridiculous. All up I think they went the suicide theory, the same as in Allison Baden Clay case, because there was nothing else they could come up with.

I'd hazard a guess & say Justice Lucy McCallum has heard it all before...many times over!!

Don't know if I missed it - but was there ever an autopsy report presented to the court?

I ask because I think she was already deceased before he threw her over the balcony - I think she could have been suffocated or even had her neck broken from the hold he had on her, hence no scratch marks or any sign of her defending herself.

Yes - EveD - You are right - There were 2 case studies in that article. The other case (as I recall) may have been a wife whose husband had driven her car into water ?? And, although her identity was withheld, there was enough in articles to possibly identify her due to her occupation. The whole point (of both articles) was to emphasise the media's influence on cases and their choice of words sometimes still had a 'blame the victim' mentality.

that is correct, The point (or at least what I took home) of the article was that while the details on the victim , who are usually not around to defend themselves can be discussed at great length's, details on the ALLEGED attacker are suppressed, and that the portrayal often resulted in victim-blaming type coverage. Interestingly I cannot find it at all on the internet and yet I found it easily a few weeks ago. The direct link has been removed but I initially found a pdf document 'somewhere' and that is no longer available either.

Yes EveD - I spent about an hour googling today, trying to find the article, which I stumbled upon, just by chance a few times in the past 6 months or so, but it must have been removed recently then. Perhaps there was some concern about jeopardising the case.

Don't know if I missed it - but was there ever an autopsy report presented to the court?

I ask because I think she was already deceased before he threw her over the balcony - I think she could have been suffocated or even had her neck broken from the hold he had on her, hence no scratch marks or any sign of her defending herself.

I haven't read any mention of one in MSM Sleep. Maybe someone else has though?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3