GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry - from me too - I've been catching up on these posts 'in chunks' and missed that warning message until just now. Can someone tell me how to refresh the page easily ? thanks

<modsnip>
icu nurse, I really enjoyed reading your last post. It really clarified for me why it is that I have such an interest in this forum and these cases, so thank you for that:)

With regard also to the witness, perhaps working in the city, he often sees drug addicts and/or people just high on drugs or alcohol, homelessness, assaults, police, ambulance etc etc....and it just becomes a relatively 'normal' part of the landscape to which a 'normal' person just going about their business doesn't want to become involved in. It did however, play on his mind enough to prompt him to call the police some time later.

Sorry - from me too - I've been catching up on these posts 'in chunks' and missed that warning message until just now. Can someone tell me how to refresh the page easily ? thanks

How are you refreshing pages?
I just go to the search bar and press the circle with the arrow and it refreshes the page I'm on.

Or to keep up with all the threads I like and have posted on:
Go to the websleuths little blue bar across the top and
Press User CP
and the Subscription page will come up.
If not its in the column on the left hand side.
It will show you which threads only you have posted on, In the LAST POST column press the little blue boxed arrow of the thread you want to view.

Hope that helps.

In relations to any injury LH may have suffered before going over the balcony - she may have fainted due to lack of oxygen. He may have tried to keep her quiet again once she screamed inside the unit - and he would have subdued her again (as shown in the video) - this time, cutting off her airways.
The extent of the callousness towards Lisa is hard to comprehend.

Thanks FIGTREE - I'm a self confessed computer-challenged person. To refresh the page, I go up to the top of the page, select the page before, then select the page after, so I get the latests posts. I'm not sure where the Search Bar is ? There is a circle with 2 arrows in it just above me now along the blue bar titled "Quick Reply" - Is that what you meant ?

Sorry marly .. . <modsnip>
Got carried away in our sleuthing ... sorry again. :iamashamed:

I don't know. Some things take your time to get your head around.

Most sleuthers here from what I have seen are drawn here because we have had some sort of trauma of our own. Some sort of unanswered question. Something that keeps us awake at night. That's a generalisation of course, but my impression of what brings us together to seek truth and justice is a drive from our own past.

I'm not playing the sympathy bell here, but I need to outline something to make a point. I had an exceptionally turbulent and traumatic childhood. By 18 years of age I had been to 9 funerals of people directly close to me - not random great aunt Mildred, but people from my daily life.

My husband on the other hand has all grandparents still alive, even though he is 36. The biggest death he has had was last year when the puppy he grew up with passed away.

A few years ago we were first on the scene of a fatal car accident when driving interstate. Because of what I do professionally, I basically had him on the phone to 000 updating them on the situation, having him relay my requests for medstar activation and a paeds intensivist, while I worked on the victims.

For me, it was upsetting, tragic but I can sort of shrug and say **** happens. I feel so deeply for the families, but for work I need to have a detatchment

For him, it was the first time death had ever shown its face, and it literally took months for him to get over and move on from.

If it had been my husband that witnessed that - he would have been in shock, both from the event but also what emotions were crawling up.

I absolutely know he would have gone to work that day. Tried to avoid it. He wouldn't even know how to say to me "guess what I saw on the way to work today" - but he might give it up after some probing by me.

Then I would try to convince him to go to the police. He would downplay the importance of whT he saw, what it could mean. Eventually he would come around and do it.

But I can easily see it taking days not minutes to arrive at that point.

We sleuthers are strong, hardened by the harshness of life's experiences, and we also know the importance of information that may seem trivial.

Not everyone else does, so let's not judge a witness for taking time to come forward, let us commend the fact that he did.

:goodpost: ... and oh so true. Thanks icu nurse!

A quick way to refresh the page is to right click and click Refresh on a PC. Click Reload Page on a MAC.

So this guy witnesses a murder, notes that the person who dumped the body is standing not too far from him acting in a very strange manner. There are not a whole lot of people about at this time and any one of these people MAY be a witness to the event. Might tell all. A witness might even hold the key to his getting away with it. Although agitated, the person who discarded the "luggage" is sober enough to be poking Lisa's head when others are trying to resuscitate her. Was he preparing to finish her off if necessary? What ELSE is this person such as this capable of?
Not only has Joshua witnessed what appears to be a murder, he was almost rubbing shoulders with a monster. This same monster may or may not be high on drugs, he may be a lunatic or insane, he may be anything. Not many minutes before, this monster was screaming violently.
Need to tread very carefully Joshua. Above all, stay alive and be a good, strong, clear minded and reliable witness.

Nobody said he had to confront Gittany, but any rational person would go and tell the police, report it to someone, ring up, anything. I mean he just saw a MURDER, and he goes to work??? This is actually unbelievable. Any idea on when he actually reported what he saw??

Thank you MAKARA for that - Yes, I can actually do that - the right click REFRESH (without much effort) lol.

A quick way to refresh the page is to right click and click Refresh on a PC. Click Reload Page on a MAC.

Thanks Makara. I've only been using a PC for a zillion years, and I didn't figure that one out yet!!

Learn something new every day .. ain't life grand! :floorlaugh:

If it had been my husband that witnessed that - he would have been in shock, both from the event but also what emotions were crawling up.

I absolutely know he would have gone to work that day. Tried to avoid it. He wouldn't even know how to say to me "guess what I saw on the way to work today" - but he might give it up after some probing by me.

Then I would try to convince him to go to the police. He would downplay the importance of whT he saw, what it could mean. Eventually he would come around and do it.

But I can easily see it taking days not minutes to arrive at that point.

We sleuthers are strong, hardened by the harshness of life's experiences, and we also know the importance of information that may seem trivial.

Not everyone else does, so let's not judge a witness for taking time to come forward, let us commend the fact that he did.

You are comparing an accident to a murder. Totally different. It is not abnormal and very common to witness accidents of any type, and to continue normally with your day, after all its not even a crime. But to witness a murder, and just continue on your merry to work is almost unbelievable. He has a mobile he could have reported it instantly and most people would do.

Unfortunately, there are many murders in this world that are witnessed by others, and/or people have knowledge of them, and police can&#8217;t find the witnesses, none come forward, and the crimes are unable to be prosecuted. Happens too frequently in the US, and happens here too.

There are Australian murder cases here on WS that I believe people have witnessed and/or have knowledge of and haven&#8217;t come forward &#8230;. Novy Chardon, Shandee Blackburn, Robert Martinez, Chantal Barnett, Kylie Blackwood &#8230; to name a few.

Nobody said he had to confront Gittany, but any rational person would go and tell the police, report it to someone, ring up, anything. I mean he just saw a MURDER, and he goes to work??? This is actually unbelievable. Any idea on when he actually reported what he saw??

BBM

Joshua Rathmell called police from his work at The ABC Office in Ultimo. It's not far from The Hyde - about a 15 minute walk. Did he call police the minute he arrived at work? - I don't know? - I'm just very grateful that he did call them and tell them what he saw.

He said his attention was drawn to the apartment in The Hyde building after hearing "deranged" screams while walking to the ABC's Ultimo office, where he worked as an editor, at about 9.55am

Mr Rathmell continued on his way to work where he later called police to report what he'd seen.
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/10/24/12/46/witness-thought-screams-were-a-junkie

Unfortunately, there are many murders in this world that are witnessed by others, and/or people have knowledge of them, and police can’t find the witnesses, none come forward, and the crimes are unable to be prosecuted. Happens too frequently in the US, and happens here too.

There are Australian murder cases here on WS that I believe people have witnessed and/or have knowledge of and haven’t come forward …. Novy Chardon, Shandee Blackburn, Robert Martinez, Chantal Barnett, Kylie Blackwood … to name a few.

Allison Baden Clay screamed for her life and many neighbours heard her but didn't use too much effort to take a look or help. That was in a quiet area & her screams were heard far away.
20/20 vision in in hindsight. God only knows! Usually most stay at a distance IF there are people there helping but I do agree that a couple of days seem a long time - IF that's the case.

Everything about this case is just so bloody sad. I wonder if SG walked in or woke up & caught Lisa with her bags packed. We know he could have been watching her from anywhere. what a terrible fright she must have had as he would have been ready for her. Remember he had his pyjama pants on didn't he?

You are comparing an accident to a murder. Totally different. It is not abnormal and very common to witness accidents of any type, and to continue normally with your day, after all its not even a crime. But to witness a murder, and just continue on your merry to work is almost unbelievable. He has a mobile he could have reported it instantly and most people would do.

IIRC, he assumed it was a drug-related incident, and while I agree it's a basic civil duty to call police in a situation like that, I can also kind of understand someone not wishing to get involved in a scary and potentially dangerous drug/murder incident.

My feeling is that once he calmed down/got some distance/had headspace to wonder about what he'd seen, the witness felt better about calling in.

"Mr Rathmell continued on his way to work where he later called police to report what he'd seen."
This is how MSM reported it. Though not 100% specific, it sounds like when he got to work, assumedly that same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee