GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-story fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the second theory, advanced by Mr. Gittany’s defence, a troubled young woman who grew up near Toronto and had been treated for an eating disorder, killed herself, perhaps by accident, in the midst of merely threatening to jump. Or, maybe, she executed a “ballerina style jump” over the railing, which would explain why her fingerprints were not on it.

This is from the National Post. I'm having trouble grabbing the link on my phone at the moment. I'll come back and edit it in when I'm able.

When the simulation of the dummy was being carried at the railing, the dummy was lying flat, taught and extended (like in a standing position). Lisa's forehead could have been bent up to her knees in that carrying position & overall length could be around 60-70 cm. C'mon, surely how easy would it be if SG was holding Lisa by the head to bend down & cup his arm under her knees. Easy.
I hope this makes sense.

When the simulation of the dummy was being carried at the railing, the dummy was lying flat, taught and extended (like in a standing position). Lisa's forehead could have been bent up to her knees in that carrying position & overall length could be around 60-70 cm. C'mon, surely how easy would it be if SG was holding Lisa by the head to bend down & cup his arm under her knees. Easy.
I hope this makes sense.

Haven't seen it yet TGY, but I totally agree. When I saw the measurements and images on the save Gittany site (whatever it's called!) I thought c'mon...he would have either just knocked her head into the doorway and kept pushing through, folded her up like you described (with bended knees), or turned sideways and went through.

I'm really torn.

On one hand I am so frustrated by her. Surely she isn't this stupid. She can't actually believe the garbage she is spouting. On the other hand, her partner is an abusive murderer and she is probably brainwashed, so I feel sorry for her too. At least he can't physically harm her while he's behind bars. She is safe and that is really important. I have no doubt that he would kill again if anyone dared not to obey him.

IMO somebody's been busy reading with WS site this past week. Lots of editing has happened from the original promo to tonight's brief and highly edited presentation with an abrupt ending. Say no more.

There's no way Gittany was going to reveal his ugly side to RL in the lead up to the trial - she was one of his stay out of jail cards (didn't work) - although the cracks were apparently starting to show - the no high heels when she went to the shops and blocking her exit when she wanted to leave the apartment. I think he's used, and is still using, her as a means to an end. imo

Haven't seen it yet TGY, but I totally agree. When I saw the measurements and images on the save Gittany site (whatever it's called!) I thought c'mon...he would have either just knocked her head into the doorway and kept pushing through, folded her up like you described (with bended knees), or turned sideways and went through.

Just watching now and realised it's referring to the window itself not the doorway (sorry!!). TGY hit the nail on the head - a folded body, bent knees - easy to get through that gap.

I have other thoughts on this interview but might wait to watch the whole thing....

Baby with SG? Could she get Conjugal Visits? This is a taxpayers nightmare.

I looked at it only 10 minutes ago. Only went to the first page and saw on the left the people who had been wrongfully convicted. Didn't go any further.

She wants children? Well, there have been other prisoners who have been able to get their partners pregnant without actually copulating. I am sure these two devious people would work it out how to do it. Even I at my ancient age know how. JMOO

This girl is only 24 and she can believe what she wants and who knows what promises she kept.
SG is gone and forgotten but some of the cruel blogs of saying she should die etc is extremely cruel. I really don't want anything to happen to RL. I don't want blood on my hands if she cant take the strain any longer, lets face it she must be going through a lot. Yes it's self inflicted but where is Gittany's family to back her up and take some of this heat and cruelty.

Good luck in your adventures RL just keep your nose clean, to coin an Aussie phrase and make an honest living.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/rachelle-louise-backs-killer-in-tv-interview-20140216-32u7l.html

Rachelle Louise backs killer in TV interview

Simon Gittany's girlfriend, Rachelle Louise, was filming a television interview at her home while her boyfriend was being sentenced for murder last week because she ''didn't want to go''.

''I think he will be so upset that I didn't go,'' she told Channel Seven's Sunday Night program in the interview, which was broadcast last night. ''But, you know what, I supported him every single day I went. Just today was for me. I didn't want to go.''

I've been thinking about the tears RL had during the interview. They did seem genuine, yet I still believe she has ulterior motives, namely an increased profile, probably other reasons.

So that leaves me with two explanations:

-either she is very brainwashed, and the tears are a reflection of her frustration at seeing her man behind bars and all that entails
OR
-her tears were coming from another place. She may be crying, but not for the reasons she gives. For instance, her tears may be because of the intense media and social media scrutiny, for the fool (IMO) she has made of herself, for the loss of whatever life she had before the trial, and so on.

I know there are times when I've been very emotional about something, and I would/could cry at something totally unrelated. Like when grieving for someone, the tears come at random times.

I also noticed she uses 'you know what I mean' a lot. She is trying to convince the interviewer (and probably everyone watching) to believe what she is saying. I wonder if she is also trying to convince herself.

Very interesting how she explained away (in the extended few minutes online - thanks enzeder!) the high heels to the shops comments. She claims SG just wants his women to be comfortable. And then she goes on to describe how he is so in touch with women's feelings and emotions. He wants to know them all the time. This over the top 'empathy' is a control mechanism in itself. Get to know your victim, and you can control them better. Give a little, take a lot. Show concern, they'll find it harder to dump you.

All IMO of course!

I've been thinking about the tears RL had during the interview. They did seem genuine, yet I still believe she has ulterior motives, namely an increased profile, probably other reasons.

-either she is very brainwashed, and the tears are a reflection of her frustration at seeing her man behind bars and all that entails
OR
-her tears were coming from another place. She may be crying, but not for the reasons she gives. For instance, her tears may be because of the intense media and social media scrutiny, for the fool (IMO) she has made of herself, for the loss of whatever life she had before the trial, and so on.

I know there are times when I've been very emotional about something, and I would/could cry at something totally unrelated. Like when grieving for someone, the tears come at random times.

I also noticed she uses 'you know what I mean' a lot. She is trying to convince the interviewer (and probably everyone watching) to believe what she is saying. I wonder if she is also trying to convince herself.

Very interesting how she explained away (in the extended few minutes online - thanks enzeder!) the high heels to the shops comments. She claims SG just wants his women to be comfortable. And then she goes on to describe how he is so in touch with women's feelings and emotions. He wants to know them all the time. This over the top 'empathy' is a control mechanism in itself. Get to know your victim, and you can control them better. Give a little, take a lot. Show concern, they'll find it harder to dump you.

All IMO of course!

BBM. So SG wants women to be comfortable in their shoes, yet the women's shoes on offer at his online Shoe Candy store would give most women a nose bleed if they stepped into them! I bet RL got some freebies out of that 'business venture'.

Click image to enlarge

ShoeCandy3.jpg

SG is in jail where he should be. I'm outa here.

As soon as I saw Rachelle getting down on the floor to demonstrate how Simon would not have been able to pick Lisa up. I thought, what the heck would she be doing on the floor? He had her standing up when he dragged her into the apartment. I laughed at the pitiful attempt demonstrated by the reporter. What a joke. It looked so ridiculous trying to lift her up, he had no idea where to put his hands.

I have read the new spiel on the free Simon Gitanny page. I wonder who is writing it. He is potrayed as a saint. Helps his mates out by pleading guilty to drug charges that weren't his.
All his good works that he does. Police pretending to be his friends, Wow.. the explanation for how that happened was a real doozy.

His Catholic religion... I am a Catholic and in my opinion he is breaking all the commandments. He has conned everyone up until Lisa's murder.

Is that supposed to be a photo on the site of him dressed in the Maronite priest's garb? Sorry, but I want to puke. JMOO

OR

All IMO of course!
Just jumping off your post Strangeworld -
I haven't watched the show - so my opinion of her crying is only related to her acting - and if she is an actor, she can bleed on cue - let alone cry.
I would have to look at other aspects, like her body language to give me an indication, but I'm not convinced there either - actors know what body language to use to verify the emotions.

Were there any interviews from the Harnum Family?

Did they seriously say that he is 5'6" on their website? How is that possible if Lisa was 178cm tall and the same height as him. She was wearing 4 inch heels (at the very least) in her conversion video and she looked slightly taller than him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub
Back