GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-story fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank God we are seeing some sense and sensibility with the latest news reports.
To date, I have cringed in shame as Joan Harnum's anguished words of warning for others have been drowned out by drama queens and actors more concerned about their own few minutes worth of fame.

Why women love killers and crooks like Tony Mokbel, Chopper Read and Simon Gittany

RACHELLE Louise’s impassioned defence of her killer boyfriend seemed nothing short of bizarre.

He was sentenced to spend up to 26 years behind bars on February 11 for throwing his fiancee Lisa Harnum to her death from their high-rise city apartment.

Louise, 24, told 7 News she truly believed he had been wrongfully convicted and she would stand by her man.

Attaching herself to a convicted killer has proved lucrative, with Channel Seven reportedly paying Louise $150,000 for a two-part Sunday Night interview

But is money the only motivation?

What possesses women to fall in love with killers and incarcerated creeps?

Forensic psychologist Katherine Ramsland said women who married murderers gave several different reasons.
“Some believe they can change a man as cruel and powerful as a serial killer. Others ‘see’ the little boy that the killer once was and seek to nurture him. A few hoped to share in the media spotlight or get a book or movie deal,” she writes on her Psychology Today blog.

<modsnip>

(More to this story in news.com.au)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...nd-simon-gittany/story-fni0fee2-1226829166792

Regarding the $150,000

"She became the talent and Seven recognised her dollar value. It wasn&#8217;t anything like the $500,000 she had sought from Seven and Nine ....."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/comment/schap...-journalism-20140211-32fiw.html#ixzz2tgtwzMos

Trying to get my head around this....
RL was negotiating a payment to the order 1/2 million dollars?

Thanks Ladybird1. Good find.

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/schap...-journalism-20140211-32fiw.html#ixzz2tgtwzMos

...Seven's grubby week of chequebook journalism,
Feb 11 2014 by Rick Feneley, News and features writer.

Agree with the article which suggests that Channel 7 may have 'exploited' Lisa Harnum's murder: "...Less understandable is Seven's exploitation and inexcusable is the payment of approx. $150,000 to Rachelle Louise" ..."It wasn&#8217;t anything like the $500,000 she had sought from Seven and Nine".

"A brutal calculus underpins Seven's dirty little business. These stories will smash Nine and Ten in the ratings. Advertisers will reward Seven and its shareholders for its chequebook journalism..."

"...Even if Gittany never sees a cent of that money, why should his girlfriend &#8211; or anybody for that matter &#8211; profit from his crime?..."

Agreed. I hope the AFP will investigate/confiscate under The Proceeds of Crime Act (2002) Act No. 6 & amendments 2013. Commonwealth Law administered by the Attorney General's Department.

Edited for clarity by me..

Simon Gittany's girlfriend, Rachelle Louise, was filming a television interview at her home while her boyfriend was being sentenced for murder last week because she "didn't want to go".

“I think he will be so upset that I didn’t go,” she said. “But you know what: I supported him every single day he went.

Wow! I've just noted this incongruity:
Why did RL not appear in court?

RL says:
"I think he will be so upset that I didn't go," she told Channel Seven's Sunday Night program in the interview, which was broadcast last night. "But, you know what, I supported him every single day I went. Just today was for me. I didn't want to go."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/rachelle-...-for-murder-20140217-32uii.html#ixzz2tg51rvkn

According to my understanding, that is two completely different versions of events explaining the no show by RL.

One minute she is explaining her version, whilst failing 100% to state the other real reason!
Bit like her interview, if you know what I mean.

Something seems amiss with RL not appearing in court that day - Can a court ask for conditions for a person not to turn up? Or maybe Gittanys lawyers? Maybe even Gittany himself said 'don't come' - or maybe his family.

That excuse about about “I think he will be so upset that I didn’t go,” she said. “But you know what: I supported him every single day he went."
... seems like a brush off of the reason.

The Gittany family didnt talk either after the sentencing - were they paid as well not to say anything? Were they interviewed?

Just seems to me a bit like filming the Titanic on the day the ship sinks Kate Winslet says: - “I think James Cameron will be so upset that I didn’t go,” she said. “But you know what: I was there filming every single day he went on set.

Something seems amiss with RL not appearing in court that day - Can a court ask for conditions for a person not to turn up? Or maybe Gittanys lawyers? Maybe even Gittany himself said 'don't come' - or maybe his family.

That excuse about about &#8220;I think he will be so upset that I didn&#8217;t go,&#8221; she said. &#8220;But you know what: I supported him every single day he went."

The Gittany family didnt talk either after the sentencing - were they paid as well not to say anything? Were they interviewed?

<respectfully snipped> .

Hi Figtree, :seeya:

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/schap...-journalism-20140211-32fiw.html#ixzz2tgtwzMos

In the above article about cheque book journalism, the author infers that Channel 7 may have influenced RL's absence on the day of sentencing: "... In any case, Louise didn&#8217;t turn up to witness Gittany&#8217;s sentencing. It would have been a shame to overexpose her before Big Sunday, after all"...

JMO.

That excuse about about &#8220;I think he will be so upset that I didn&#8217;t go,&#8221; she said. &#8220;But you know what: I supported him every single day he went."

Just seems to me a bit like filming the Titanic on the day the ship sinks Kate Winslet says: - &#8220;I think James Cameron will be so upset that I didn&#8217;t go,&#8221; she said. &#8220;But you know what: I was there filming every single day he went on set.

BBM

I've not watched the videos of her. Was she on camera when the sentence was handed down?? If she was it may have been stipulated in the Ch7 contract that she allows them to film her reaction. They're not allowed to video or take photos inside a courtroom so having her on cam at the time of sentencing = next best thing to reality tv for Ch7 & big $$'s for RL...lol.

For Ch7 it's all about their ratings...for RL it's all about the money!

BBM

I've not watched the videos of her. Was she on camera when the sentence was handed down?? If she was it may have been stipulated in the Ch7 contract that she allows them to film her reaction. They're not allowed to video or take photos inside a courtroom so having her on cam at the time of sentencing = next best thing to reality tv for Ch7 & big $$'s for RL...lol.

For Ch7 it's all about their ratings...for RL it's all about the money!

She was on camera when she received a text advising her of the sentence. Not a lot of emotion showed IMO, just that she knew he'd get 25 or more.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...isits-Simon-Gittany-prison.html#ixzz2tZHMBmJZ

A day in the life of world&#8217;s &#8216;most deluded&#8217; woman. Visiting her killer boyfriend in jail and playing dead to prove he didn&#8217;t murder lookalike fiancée&#8230; but can she REALLY believe balcony killer is innocent?

Ms Louise is allowed to visit Gittany at Parklea only twice a week.

Gittany is unpopular among his fellow inmates; an unidentified prison guard is recorded as describing the killer as &#8216;a very disliked inmate&#8217;.
&#8216;He walks around like he didn&#8217;t do it, &#8216; the guard said.
The guard said that on the night Channel Seven played its first interview with Ms Louise protesting Gittany&#8217;s innocence, maximum security prisoners in cells near Gittany&#8217;s had hurled abuse at him.
Gittany is being held in a &#8216;protection&#8217; wing at Parklea; he might be at risk of being attacked because of the current publicity over Ms Louise&#8217;s interviews.

I have been wondering what Rachelle's parents are really like.

Is Rachelle an only child?

Do they live in Sydney?

I wonder what their moral values and ethics are like?

I cannot imagine that a parent would support a daughter to support her murdering boyfriend let alone defend him in the way that she has, lend him the money for his legal costs and set up a website for her in support of him to be set free.

But they say on the website freesimon.org that the $150,000 is not for his future appeal costs, it is to repay money already lent to Simon for his current legal fees. I guess that could be why Rachelle's father set up this website too. The father probably had a vested interest in getting back the money he had already lent Simon so he could have encouraged Rachelle to do the Sunday interview or even approached them with the idea.
Here is a link to an interview RL did with an LA Radio station. She talks about her family and her just-consumated relationship with Gittany http://youtu.be/cUQdCBh7ZFc

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...isits-Simon-Gittany-prison.html#ixzz2tZHMBmJZ

A day in the life of world’s ‘most deluded’ woman. Visiting her killer boyfriend in jail and playing dead to prove he didn’t murder lookalike fiancée… but can she REALLY believe balcony killer is innocent?

Ms Louise is allowed to visit Gittany at Parklea only twice a week.

Gittany is unpopular among his fellow inmates; an unidentified prison guard is recorded as describing the killer as ‘a very disliked inmate’.
‘He walks around like he didn’t do it, ‘ the guard said.
The guard said that on the night Channel Seven played its first interview with Ms Louise protesting Gittany’s innocence, maximum security prisoners in cells near Gittany’s had hurled abuse at him.
Gittany is being held in a ‘protection’ wing at Parklea; he might be at risk of being attacked because of the current publicity over Ms Louise’s interviews.

I really cant help thinking that the publicity that RL has generated and the Channel 7 interview she has done - hasn't helped him one bit in her bid, nor her Lawyer career aspirations.

Here is a link to an interview RL did with an LA Radio station. She talks about her family and her just-consumated relationship with Gittany http://youtu.be/cUQdCBh7ZFc

So RL is the third child of four children. She has two older brothers one of whom was Gittany's friend and she has a younger sister who is studying to be a veterinarian. Her parents are well-travelled and she has dual citizenship.

Did I hear her properly when she was asked the age of the guy in Sydney and she said he was 31yo?

I tried sooooo hard to listen to the whole thing, but just couldn't. From what I did hear, she couch-surfed her way around the world, went to clubs every night, has a massive fan-crush on Adam Sandler, was tongue-kissed by Woody Harrelson (!!), and she says she has men falling over her in the street to take her out. Oh, and she's met HEEAAAPPPSS of famous people :puke:

What is going on with her? Gittanny wanted his women pure and obedient. What did he think of that interview? She apparently can push herself in anywhere to climb the ladder...to what? I still haven't fathomed. She is in it for what ever she can get. Maybe Gittanny is the one who has been taken for a ride this time. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't start doing the circuits in America to get exposure. Dr. Phill maybe. JMOO

Still haven't listened to it all yet.

I tried sooooo hard to listen to the whole thing, but just couldn't. From what I did hear, she couch-surfed her way around the world, went to clubs every night, has a massive fan-crush on Adam Sandler, was tongue-kissed by Woody Harrelson (!!), and she says she has men falling over her in the street to take her out. Oh, and she's met HEEAAAPPPSS of famous people :puke:

....and she doesn't mind guys buying her drinks, or $2k necklaces, or letting her 'live' with them for 5 weeks...
There's a word for your sort, missy..

What is going on with her? Gittanny wanted his women pure and obedient. What did he think of that interview? She apparently can push herself in anywhere to climb the ladder...to what? I still haven't fathomed. She is in it for what ever she can get. Maybe Gittanny is the one who has been taken for a ride this time. I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't start doing the circuits in America to get exposure. Dr. Phill maybe. JMOO

Still haven't listened to it all yet.

LOL Marg I'm tipping she's done a few circuits and gotten a bit of exposure in one way or another already

....and she doesn't mind guys buying her drinks, or $2k necklaces, or letting her 'live' with them for 5 weeks...
There's a word for your sort, missy..

:silly: Oh Tishy....... :floorlaugh:

Completely off topic - but something I wanted to share. Due to the laws designed to protect child victims, there are often suppression orders so those cases never end up in Websleuths.

January 2012 was the month that sent me away from Paediatrics. There were 4 major non-accidental injuries that broke apart my faith in humanity. Three of these bubbas died.

I couldn't stay in paeds anymore - without evolving into a female version of Dexter. Anger and vengeance fantasies were sustaining me.

The first was terrible. The second worse. By the third, (which was in the space of 11 days) I just couldn't let them go. And I couldn't see another. Couldn't provide "family centred care" when I wished it was the family that lay hooked up to a ventilator, not an innocent child.

Then the fourth came, and that was it for me. I started making my exit.

In each of them we knew almost instantly that the stories we were being fed were ******** - but it's always a long and slow process towards the truth and some justice.

In the last three weeks, two of those four children that haunt me have gotten some justice.
http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/so...er-of-daughter-4/story-fni6uo1m-1226832620728

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-31/man-found-guilty-of-toddler27s-murder/5230176

I just need justice for the other two, then maybe I can let them go too.

Is there a date for this interview? I know that a few threads back we discussed, and arrived at the conclusion it wasn't SG she was referring to.... However.....

It sort of makes more sense in regards to her family forking out some cash for SG's defence if he was "her brothers best friend" as stated in the interview.

I still can't get my head around the spending of money there. If it was such a new relationship that commenced as he was charged with murder - I cannot see any reasonable parent not having doubts - not to mention having no doubts and putting forward $100k plus towards the defence.

But I can see it, if it was, say one of my younger brother's good mates throughout school, and he was dating my younger sister. If we knew him to be " good" in general. Or if he had taken the fall for one of my brothers misdemeanours (while driving a Porsche, perchance :p)

Pure, rampant speculation on my part of course.

I'm not proposing that they have continued to be in a relationship this whole time. Just that there was a bit of flirting, and a fling, but then RL resumed her travels so it fizzled. Only to be rekindled later. For me, it just sort of fits more with the motives of the welcome family in financially supporting SG.

<modsnip>

That Simons father wasn't a fixture in support of his son speaks volumes too.

Completely off topic - but something I wanted to share. Due to the laws designed to protect child victims, there are often suppression orders so those cases never end up in Websleuths.

January 2012 was the month that sent me away from Paediatrics. There were 4 major non-accidental injuries that broke apart my faith in humanity. Three of these bubbas died.

I couldn't stay in paeds anymore - without evolving into a female version of Dexter. Anger and vengeance fantasies were sustaining me.

The first was terrible. The second worse. By the third, (which was in the space of 11 days) I just couldn't let them go. And I couldn't see another. Couldn't provide "family centred care" when I wished it was the family that lay hooked up to a ventilator, not an innocent child.

Then the fourth came, and that was it for me. I started making my exit.

In each of them we knew almost instantly that the stories we were being fed were ******** - but it's always a long and slow process towards the truth and some justice.

In the last three weeks, two of those four children that haunt me have gotten some justice.
http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/news/so...er-of-daughter-4/story-fni6uo1m-1226832620728

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-31/man-found-guilty-of-toddler27s-murder/5230176

I just need justice for the other two, then maybe I can let them go too.

ICU Nurse :hug:
The emotional pressure of seeing injured child victims of adult pathology can become too much for most decent people (staff) eventually. Compassion fatigue: from cumulative stress of high emotional responses to being a secondary witness to traumatic injury in children. It helps all of us to hear that justice is being served for those two little child victims IMO. :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub
Back