Australia - Luke Batty, 11, killed by dad at Tyabb sports oval, 12 Feb 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Agree Marg. And imagine the witnesses - kids, adults, families - obviously all at cricket practice. Witnessing it must have been extremely traumatic and horrific.

The poor dear child. And of course his mother - how on earth do you begin to process this?

Andrew Jaffrey ‏@AndrewJaffrey · 2m
It's now been confirmed by police that the horrible #Tyabb assault was allegedly carried out by the little boys father. Mother witnessed it.

Oh no!

My God, what is wrong with the father? Drunk, Drugs, family dispute? Psychiatric problems?

How could someone beat someone so visciously that they kill them? That takes some doing.

The poor mother must be beside herelf. We will just have to wait for more information to come out.

Maybe a domestic. My heart weeps for the Mum and the family. Imagine the horror for the other kids and parents there too.

Marg, re your earlier comment, if it makes you feel a bit better, from experience of close family, most coppers fully understand and agree with the need for internal investigation when there's been a police shooting.
They understand that they have to be, and be seen to be, righteous. Usually they are also offered counselling and of course have the support of the police community. However they still have to deal with it and those involved in this incident will be devastated. It will also affect their own families when they get off their shift tonight, and I have no doubt those of them with kids of their own will go and hug them tight when they get home.

So sad, whatever the circumstances.

Andrew Jaffrey ‏@AndrewJaffrey · 2m
It's now been confirmed by police that the horrible #Tyabb assault was allegedly carried out by the little boys father. Mother witnessed it.

Oh no!

I can't even comprehend. Sickening, truly and horrifically sickening the poor woman, the poor little boy omg, he was at cricket practice!

<self censoring>

RIP little man

Andrew Jaffrey &#8207;@AndrewJaffrey · 1m
I'm disgusted by the number of people who videoed the #Tyabb assault/murder on phones now want to sell the vision. Why didn't you stop him ?

:what:

I wish I hadn't looked at Facebook. The lynch mob there are terrifying.

I'm disgusted by the number of people who videoed the #Tyabb assault/murder on phones now want to sell the vision. Why didn't you stop him ?

That is hideous :banghead:

I saw this and was just about to say. Videoed it?! WTH is wrong with people?? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I don't think I can read anymore about this tonight. Absolutely heartbreaking. I'm sure there will be more news in the morning. Going to bed with a heavy heart....

:candle:

I saw this and was just about to say. Videoed it?! WTH is wrong with people?? :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Skibaboo I see you are in the UK. We have had a bad week of 'cash for comment' in Australia with a convicted drug smuggler being offered $2 or 3 million for an interview after being released from an Indonesian prison. It has sent out entirely the wrong message. People looking for a fast buck from the media :shakehead:

I don't think I can read anymore about this tonight. Absolutely heartbreaking. I'm sure there will be more news in the morning. Going to bed with a heavy heart....

:candle:

Me too
Rest in Peace, Luke.

Father shot after 12-year-old boy dies in sports oval knife attack

<snipped>
POLICE shot a father *moments after he horrifically stabbed his son to death during cricket training at a sports oval in Melbourne&#8217;s southeast.
Detectives confirmed the 12-year-old boy&#8217;s *attacker was his dad.

<snipped>
Commander Fryer said police were still working to *determine what caused the local boy&#8217;s death.
He could not confirm reports the boy was being beaten by his father with a cricket bat when police *arrived, but said he suffered &#8220;significant injuries&#8221;.

http://www.news.com.au/national/victoria/father-shot-after-12yearold-boy-dies-in-sports-oval-knife-attack/story-fnii5sms-1226825088945

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/boy-dead-police-shoot-father-in-tyabb-20140212-32iff.html
"This was a dynamic, live critical incident. I won't comment on their exact conduct," he said.
Emergency services were called to the oval earlier after a primary-school-aged boy sustained head injuries.
He was treated by paramedics but died at the scene.
Commander Fryer said the boy's injuries were 'significant' and 'quite brutal'.
He said police had already spoken to witnesses at the scene, including some children, and called for others who police believed had yet to come forward to call CrimeStoppers.
He would not comment on what else police saw at the scene, but said that the incident was "complicated" and involved other locations.
He would not confirm or deny reports from witnesses on social media of an altercation between the father and son beforehand.

In one of the links it says police are checking another place of interest. There was a fire set in Tyabb by 3 young boys. I wonder if this is what they are investigating JMOO

In one of the links it says police are checking another place of interest. There was a fire set in Tyabb by 3 young boys. I wonder if this is what they are investigating JMOO

I did see this, unsure of where the school is, in relation to the cricket ground

Mark Doman &#8207;@MarkDoman 4h
Police are examining an area out the back of the Tyabb pre school @abcnews pic.twitter.com/UhDD2gkcMY

https://twitter.com/MarkDoman

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larney
Back