Australia - Luke Batty, 11, killed by dad at Tyabb sports oval, 12 Feb 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Tyabb is one of the few towns in Australia that does not have a pub. Although the town is over 100 years old it has never had a pub, however two liquor vendors are operating in the town.
Source Wikipedia

There is an RIP page on facebook with over 2000 likes already.. won't post it as it names the child and has a photo.

Andrew Jaffrey ‏@AndrewJaffrey 4m
Reports that are UNCONFIRMED that the father of the young boy shot by police tonight has died #Tyabb

https://twitter.com/AndrewJaffrey

This article does say that the father's injuries were life threatening.

It also says that the incident involved other locations.

Commander Fryer said the boy's injuries were 'significant' and 'quite brutal'. His father sustained life-threatening injuries.

He would not confirm or deny reports from witnesses on social media of an altercation between the father and the son beforehand.

He would not comment on what else police saw at the scene, but said that the incident was "complicated" and involved other locations.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/b...er-in-tyabb-20140212-32iff.html#ixzz2t7QOOHni

Oh dear god...:*(
How can a father do that to their own child?? And in such a seemingly brutal way. That poor mother! And all the other people who witnessed this.
Why did no one try to stop him? So sad..wont be sleeping well tonight now :*(

Andrew Jaffrey ‏@AndrewJaffrey · 1m
I'm disgusted by the number of people who videoed the #Tyabb assault/murder on phones now want to sell the vision. Why didn't you stop him ?

:what:

Seriously?

He was a defenceless child!!!!

The people who filmed it and are trying to profit should be charged as an accessory. They chose profit over intervening to save a life.

What has the world come to? He is a CHILD.

Seriously?

The people who filmed it and are trying to profit should be charged as an accessory. They chose profit over intervening to save a life.

Amen to that! So disguisted. Clearly people DID notice what was happening bit thought it better to pull out there phones and take pictures and film instead of step in and help..cant even put into words how upsetting and unsettling that is

Seriously?

I totally agree that they should be somehow charged. I don't know the legalities of it, but surely there has to be a way.

beyond comprehension, beyond sad, beyond sickened. There seems to be a big increase in violent behaviour lately.

I'm shocked that I hadn't heard about it earlier since it's not that far away from me and I have friends in the area.

Tyabb is a small community of around 300 people, a blend of suburban/semi rural this will hit the community there hard.

RIP little man

Is it possible that there could be confusion in MSM about a second scene because photos show the preschool? It is right next to the cricket grounds. Is it possible that the photographers wanted to elicit even more of a response by showing the preschool in the photos of the scene?

http://m.theage.com.au/victoria/boy-dead-police-shoot-father-in-tyabb-20140212-32iff.html

Some MSM reports say that there were both cricket and football training sessions at the time (and that the boy was a keen footballer) :(

Is it possible that there could be confusion in MSM about a second scene because photos show the preschool? It is right next to the cricket grounds. Is it possible that the photographers wanted to elicit even more of a response by showing the preschool in the photos of the scene?

http://m.theage.com.au/victoria/boy-dead-police-shoot-father-in-tyabb-20140212-32iff.html

Some MSM reports say that there were both cricket and football training sessions at the time (and that the boy was a keen footballer) :(

I believe the police are/were investigating something that occurred near the pre school, it could possibly be connected.

there may be something on this website http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/

Sunrise, 7.34am: the father cornered his son in the nets during the attack.

Good to hear the dad died (hey, maybe it's not good, may never understand why this happened, unless the mother has some idea).

The poor little kid, I'll never understand how a parent could kill their child, especially in such a frenzied and horrific way.

I totally agree that they should be somehow charged. I don't know the legalities of it, but surely there has to be a way.

Agree. They are trying to prosecute kids who film other kids getting bullied and abused, it should apply in this case too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!
Back