DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Murder-accused Chris Dawson granted bail with $1.5 million security
Lucy Cormack
17 December 2018 — 2:56pm

Chris Dawson will spend Christmas with his family in Queensland, after he was granted bail in a Sydney court on Monday.

Mr Dawson's bail is subject to strict conditions, including that he surrender his passport, report daily to police and not to go further than 20 kilometres from a residence in Coolum except when required to attend court.

He will also provide $1.5 million in order to secure his release.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/murder-accused-chris-dawson-granted-bail-with-1-5-million-security-20181217-p50mnr.html

When a home is used as surety for bail, a caveat is put on the house by the courts. So it cannot be sold until the caveat is removed, and that would be after any trial is completed.

Lodging property as bail security

With bail, do they pay up front.
If he keeps to bail conditions, and if paid up front, once the trial ends, and ?? acquitted, is that money returned: a free ride.
If paid up front, and found guilty, what happens to the money.
Wondering what happens to bail monies.
As I have never had experience with bail, have no idea.o_O
Question is, does Dawson lose this money eventually?

If he keeps to bail conditions, and if paid up front, once the trial ends, and ?? acquitted, is that money returned: a free ride.
No, what you put up, is to guarantee that you will appear in court when summonsed. If you don't, the crown keeps the money or property.
If you do turn up, it is still kept until the end of the trial, in case you take off in the middle of it and at the end, not matter what the outcome the bail money is returned.

I think I have just answered my own question,
if the home is surety for bail, doesn't that mean, he does not pay money up front?????
Rats.:(:(:(:(

No, what you put up, is to guarantee that you will appear in court when summonsed. If you don't, the crown keeps the money or property.
If you do turn up, it is still kept until the end of the trial, in case you take off in the middle of it and at the end, not matter what the outcome the bail money is returned.

Yikes, didn't like your answer, that this really doesn't cost anything for Dawson 'monetary wise', if he behaves!

Chris Dawson granted bail after being charged with wife Lyn's alleged murder

Outside court, Mr Dawson's lawyer, Greg Walsh, welcomed the decision, saying there was no evidence his client was a flight risk.

"He appeared at two coronial inquests and he has never tried to flee the country before — this is the right decision," Mr Walsh said.

He appeared at the inquests? What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member