Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This mornings update from The Australian :

Defence barrister Pauline David is continuing her closing submissions for a fourth consecutive day.

Wonder what whoppers she has up her sleeve for us today?

This mornings update from The Australian :

Defence barrister Pauline David is continuing her closing submissions for a fourth consecutive day.

Wonder what whoppers she has up her sleeve for us today?
Logic would think you would come out swinging with your strongest stuff first....backing it up with the weaker links......
Been whoppers everyday....adding large fries and coke to it today :cool:

Found this info on a legal website :

The maximum penalty for murder is life imprisonment and in New South Wales, ‘life' means for the term of the person's natural life; in other words, until he or she dies.

However, the sentencing judge will consider a very wide range of factors when determining the appropriate penalty in any particular case. These factors are both objective – such as the seriousness of the conduct itself, and subjective – such as the defendant's criminal history (if any), contrition/remorse, prospects for rehabilitation, likelihood of reoffending and so on.

The ‘standard non-parole period' (SNPP) for murder is 20 years in prison. An SNPP is a guidepost or reference point for a sentencing judge when he or she is determining the non-parole period (minimum term) a person must spend in prison before becoming eligible to apply for release on parole.

Update from The Australian :

Supreme Court judge Ian Harrison has described his discussions with accused killer Chris Dawson’s barrister as being ‘like a pinball’ as the murder trial experienced a day of disruption.

So, Pauline David still at it and the judge still not buying it. This can't be going well for Chris Dawson.

Ms David told Justice Ian Harrison that there was no committed relationship right away when JC moved into the home but that this had developed over time.

Thats not what CD said to JC in her turning 17 years old birthday card....nearly a whole year before...Ms David.....

talking about loving forever seems pretty committed to me.

Ms David argued that Dawson could have a long and loving relationship with his wife while having sex with JC, saying the French did it as a national sport.

Ms David is an embarrassment to lawyers everywhere.
I am so glad she is representing Dawson. ;)

Ms David told Justice Ian Harrison that there was no committed relationship right away when JC moved into the home but that this had developed over time.

Thats not what CD said to JC in her turning 17 years old birthday card....nearly a whole year before...Ms David.....

talking about loving forever seems pretty committed to me.
Pauline David conceded only a day or so ago that "Chris Dawson was having an affair with JC."

If you are "having an affair" with someone, living with them and by all reports sleeping in the same bed, I would have thought there was some degree of commitment being exhibited. Then, as you said there is evidence like the card.

But beside all that, Chris had to wait until JC turned 18 before he could marry her.

Ms David argued that Dawson could have a long and loving relationship with his wife while having sex with JC, saying the French did it as a national sport.

Ms David is an embarrassment to lawyers everywhere.
I am so glad she is representing Dawson. ;)
From the judge's comments over the past few days, 'Pinball" Pauline sounds like she in on the verge of being laughed out of the courtroom.

A photo has been tendered in the court that allegedly shows JC on her 18th birthday, in February 1982, inside the Dawson's Bayview home, wearing Lyn's clothes. This was just over a month after Lyn disappeared.

The prosecution says this photo proves Chris knew his wife was dead.

Justice Ian Harrison questioned whether the photo could be taken as proof that Chris Dawson knew his wife was dead.

“All I need is your response to the Crown proposition that Mr Dawson must have been certain Lynette Dawson was not coming back if he was prepared to permit JC to start wearing his wife’s clothing,” Justice Harrison asked.

“There is nothing to suggest there was anything done with his permission or control over the situation,” Ms David replied.

Pauline David having another bad day by the sound of things. By extension, Chris Dawson having another bad day too.

17 then. Turned 18 in Feb 1982.
I have not been able to verify this but it's worth noting that in the WIKI entry for Chris Dawson the police have charged him with sexual relations with a child with age between 10 and seventeen. Which is to stay they aren't sure that they can prove age sixteen. However if what MD said, which I am sure she won't repeat in any carnal knowledge trial, that CD and JC were sleeping together over the xmas at the end of 81, then that makes her 16 which carries a much higher penalty (Teacher and pupil relationship) .

One other matter with respect to this . LD was intoxicated in some way the night she went missing. I'm sure in one of HT's podcasts it is mentioned that CD had done this to LD before , so that he and JC could have sex under his roof. Either HT made that up or JC stated that at some point - possibly in one of the coroner's inquests. JC is not well known for telling the truth.

I have not been able to verify this but it's worth noting that in the WIKI entry for Chris Dawson the police have charged him with sexual relations with a child with age between 10 and seventeen. Which is to stay they aren't sure that they can prove age sixteen. However if what MD said, which I am sure she won't repeat in any carnal knowledge trial, that CD and JC were sleeping together over the xmas at the end of 81, then that makes her 16 which carries a much higher penalty (Teacher and pupil relationship) .

One other matter with respect to this . LD was intoxicated in some way the night she went missing. I'm sure in one of HT's podcasts it is mentioned that CD had done this to LD before , so that he and JC could have sex under his roof. Either HT made that up or JC stated that at some point - possibly in one of the coroner's inquests. JC is not well known for telling the truth.
The photo tendered in court today and the associated discussion seems to confirm JC turned 18 in February 1982 - see my post directly above yours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members