Still Missing Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed Ms David didn't address CD and JC packing the car, absconding recklessly to the GC leaving Lynette stranded and abandoned down town with a note beside her bed telling her to not paint too bad a picture of him to their children CHRISTMAS EVE:mad::mad:

A really really loving gesture toward Lynette proving how he loved both these women right?

This already DESPERATE action occurred under 3 weeks before her death.

Just listened to the podcast not going to give anything much away. Just the description of Craig Everson SC doing a perfect timeline in the events that lead up to Lyn's disappearance.

One note that was given which was from Helena Simm's diary was October 31, 1982 was when Chris was going to return the clothes to Helena about 10 months later.

Just listened to the podcast not going to give anything much away. Just the description of Craig Everson SC doing a perfect timeline in the events that lead up to Lyn's disappearance.

One note that was given which was from Helena Simm's diary was October 31, 1982 was when Chris was going to return the clothes to Helena about 10 months later.
Have some driving to do later on today. Will listen to it then. I'm anticipating a good listen.

From what I'm reading, Pauline David is likely to conclude on Monday.

Not too mention hiding in Paul and Marilyns closet while Lyn and their children visited christmas day.:mad::mad:

How dispicable.
Cruelty from all involved.. watching the heartache of Lyn and her daughters ..having been abandoned.
What father and uncle could inflict such pain on their own children/ nieces?
What a powerful Christmas gift? The echoes can still be heard today.. create as much harm as you can and blame someone else.
I wonder if the sister-in-law knew at that time, of her husband's illegal involvement with their house guest.

I wonder if the sister-in-law knew at that time, of her husband's illegal involvement with their house guest.
What does everyone think re MD knowledge of everything that was going on? She appears pretty savy to me/or under the Dawson twin spell and I am guessing she didn't want to loose PD or her family. She must have known about the teenage lovers of PD and CD . If PD did help CD in hiding Lyns body she must have known. Seems like she was happy to hide the fact that CD and JC were staying at her house over the Christmas break. So many secrets in the Dawson twins families. Will anyone ever tell the truth. The children of both families must be in a world of hurt.

What does everyone think re MD knowledge of everything that was going on? She appears pretty savy to me/or under the Dawson twin spell and I am guessing she didn't want to loose PD or her family. She must have known about the teenage lovers of PD and CD . If PD did help CD in hiding Lyns body she must have known. Seems like she was happy to hide the fact that CD and JC were staying at her house over the Christmas break. So many secrets in the Dawson twins families. Will anyone ever tell the truth. The children of both families must be in a world of hurt.
Excellent question regarding MD.

My best guess is she wasn't involved and that if/when she raised the matter with PD, he has answered something along the lines of 'don't ask' and she is smart enough to know that sometimes it's better just to leave it at that.

If Chris Dawson is found guilty he will likely get a minimum of 20 years and in the absence of the body of the person he killed, he may not get parole.

Assuming Chris knows where Lyn's body is, and there's a pretty strong chance he does if he disposed of her, he might be faced with the choice of never seeing daylight again or disclosing where Lyn's body is and having some chance of seeing daylight again.

Excellent question regarding MD.

My best guess is she wasn't involved and that if/when she raised the matter with PD, he has answered something along the lines of 'don't ask' and she is smart enough to know that sometimes it's better just to leave it at that.
I am not as generous in grace for MD.

She knows.....enough.

About everything ......IMO

MD is the biggest enabler of those despicable men and their despicable actions.

She knows.....enough.

MD is the biggest enabler of those despicable men and their despicable actions

She knows.....enough.

MD is the biggest enabler of those despicable men and their despicable actions.

I agree. And I want to know what she meant when she said Lynn didn't fight for her marriage. What does that actually mean? Did she mean that Lynn should have thrown JC out? Did she mean Lynn should have smiled sweetly and put up with the infidelity?

Either way, it's just a way to put blame for CD's behaviour on to Lynn.

And I wonder how she applies whatever it was she meant to PD and his antics?

For a guilty verdict to be reached, the judge has no other option but to infer...since the case is a circumstantial one...
...The inference being that CD killed Lyn.

...this means in the judge's view there will need to be no other logical circumstance as to what happened to Lyn...

Last edited:
For a guilty verdict to be reached, the judge has no other option but to infer...since the case is a circumstantial one...
...The inference being that CD killed Lyn.

...this means in the judge's view there will need to be no other logical circumstance as to what happened to Lyn...
As much as that might seem a high bar, I don't think it is unachievable.

As much as that might seem a high bar, I don't think it is unachievable.
I don't think, in this case, that the bar is too high... there are times when the old Scottish verdict, 'Not Proven' has merit,. The judge will be working towards a verdict that emerges solid from an appeal, is my view.. whatever that may mean to the judge.. without a body , a confession, a witness, so to speak, it is a lot of circumstantial factors, which, as it happens, most murders are convicted on.

Very few murderers perform their murders in front of witnesses. Circumstantial evidence is rock solid stuff, but there are cases when the balance of circumstancial factors and rock hard tangible evidence is bought into play.

In any event, it is my personal view, that Dawson never got away with his vile treatment of Lynn, it followed him all his useless life, and hangs about him now like a rancid cloud.

Aside from the most obvious explanation, that Chris Dawson killed Lyn, what do people see as the 2nd most logical explanation for her disappearance??
good question cliff.

At the end of the day logic has to prevail.

This woman loved her life and was doing everything in her power to hang onto it.

Even if you could say she had a mental snap and did shoot through (as per the ususal killer spouse go to :rolleyes: ) there would be evidence of her survival and existence.

lyns behaviour and actions in the lead up to her disappearance where normal level mature caring and patient reactions to the bedlem chris was bringing to her life.

On the other hand and the most important point of the trial.

Chris's ESCALATING risky callous desperate cruel erratic selfish behaviour is 100% the entire picture here.

Aside from the most obvious explanation, that Chris Dawson killed Lyn, what do people see as the 2nd most logical explanation for her disappearance??
I just don't have one . Nothing that would pass for reasonable sense among my peers. The biggest hurdle I come to, to accepting Lynn just up and left, is the fact that she went thru years of IVF treatment, to have children.

No one.. no one ever goes thru that, (and the procedure has been somewhat finessed to what it was back in the 80's) Her child is born and she turns round and does the same thing all over again. This is a committed woman. This is not the profile of a ditzy blonde, pulled in all directions, operating at whim and at will.

She was not a traveller. She had not got the travel bug that everyone had back then, off on a Kon Tiki tour, working for a year in England, signing on to be an Au Pair in Paris, She did not have a passport. She didn't even have a driving licence.

So to run away, she would have had to use public transport.

She would have had a bag with at least a change of undies with her WHEN HE DROVE HER TO THE BUS STOP. So he says.

Another point Chris forgot in his convenient but non sensical narrative.

Lyn had a warm kind and supportive birth family to rely on

why would she abscond from them too?

she would run away from everyone and everything she loved and adored just spite him??

just so he could have everything in the world that she loved and belonged to her?

how this being lyns "choice' was a winning idea for lyn??
walked away with NOTHING.

Left it all for chris.

she's just so thoughful and selfless right chris???

Something knew in the the teachers trial podcast just to infuriate me.
He is totally tone deaf to how he appears to the outside world.

According to CD no way JC wore Lynette's clothes.
JC was 4 sizes smaller.

Doubt that Chris.
The day you left for qld that picture of JC shows us she was a likely a nice healthy size 10.

Lyn may have fluctuated between 10 /12 up to 14.
I would guess Lyn was NATURAL 10/12. (same size as JC)

Another opportunity to project a deluded (nasty) idea about Lyn.
:mad:

Captured by aliens and zipped away from planet earth in a UFO.

Sorry, that's all I got. Can't think of another, more logical explanation.
Mine is, she was having a secret liaison with an unknown couple. She got Chris to drop her at the Mona Vale bus stop so they could pick her up without anyone knowing, and then they killed her for fun. Then the woman made a series of calls to Chris pretending to be Lyn so that nobody would start searching before the trail was cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henrypaul