Still Missing Australia - Lynette Dawson, 34, Sydney, Jan 1982 *Arrest* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the Crown have not opposed the continuation of Chris Dawson's conditional bail.

I can see him now, arriving for the verdict on oxygen and in a wheelchair, ala Christopher Skase.

I was a little confused when I read that in the ABC article, as this SMH article from today says ..... "Dawson’s bail was varied, allowing him to report once a week to police rather than three times".

Maybe the bail was varied to once a week before and it was just continued today. I have a recollection of a previous bail variation so that he could move.

Come on Hedley , give us he next Teachers Trial episode!!!!
I have just listened to the Crown Closes. The Crown has done an incredible job seeking justice for Lyn. Feeling sad also for the Judge making a decision on the case and the conflicts he would be going through. It will be a long wait for us all, especially Lyn’s family.

As per The Australian updates today....Defence argued CD was a man of good character despite his sexual relationship with a teenage girl. Because he ultimately married JC it was a relationship of caring and love. CD is not just a man utilising his position to take advantage of a woman about whom he didn't particularly care.

Judge Harrison ...."Was CD a man who utilised his position to take advantage of a person he cared about""?
Defence response...CD didn't take advantage of JC though accepted there was inappropriate behaviour.

Oh my lord

Chris Dawson first used Pauline David about 30 years ago when he was interviewed by the police. A copy of the video clip featuring the pair is often included in articles about Dawson.

I'm sure there were much more eminently qualified mouth pieces out there for a murder trial but yes, his budget and his tight fist would have probably have excluded those possibilities.
I wonder why he didn't continue to retain Phillip Boulton SC for the trial, he used him in all the legal proceedings up until the trial I think ( from the podcasts )

I've seen him in court, he's very good, he represented Katrina Dawson's family at the siege inquest. He's also represented ( as defence ) many high profile cases eg Jarryd Hayne

He was also president of the bar association until very recently ( may this year ) .........end of May

I guess maybe the $'s ??

I read on The Australian updates that they applied for no bail restrictions, but the judge agreed to only a 200km radius and 1 day a week check in. It was 3 days a week.
If Chris Dawson thinks he is facing a guilty verdict what does he have to lose by doing a runner just prior to the verdict being delivered?

Not much coming out of the 4 walls of the courtroom today.

Did read Pauline David is trying to claim Chris Dawson never groomed the teenage schoolgirl half his age.

Would love to see the look on judge Ian Harrsion's face as David continues to play pinball with reality.

Not sure they understand the meaning of grooming.

Preparation for the next court case.

Last edited:
Not sure they understand the meaning of grooming.
I am certain that the word coercive has not had an airing , either.. but what a coercive *advertiser censored* he is!..

I still believe JC was lucky not to have met a sticky end, really. Daughter and all.. I get the impression that's what JC/ CD daughter feels , also.

They certainly would IMO. Just more BS spin to excuse the inexcusable. Sickening.
My point exactly. The wording is deliberate to indicate the relationship started late 1981. Giving her cards for valentines day and her birthday when she turned 17 indicate it started earlier. This link was posted earlier. The fact they are still calling it "an affair" and "appropriate relationship" definitely has different definitions to what I see.

"The barrister acknowledged that Dawson's extramarital affair with JC in late 1981 would have caused deep hurt to his then wife, but argued it was this that caused her to walk out and abandon the home."

"It started more as an appropriate relationship."

Re the supposed STD (long distance) call from Lyn at the pool. I am wondering how far away she would of have to have been for the supposed call to be STD (long distance)??
Sydney Metro area wouldn't have STD pips but outside the metro area would. So the Central Coast or Lake Munmorah would have STD pips. Also probably those areas that were just South of Sydney. There would be different costs based on distance.

I wonder if the judge had basically made his mind up before the closing arguments and there are clues in his questions to the barristers as to his verdict.
The next episode of TTT should be interesting regarding this!

I wonder if the judge had basically made his mind up before the closing arguments and there are clues in his questions to the barristers as to his verdict.
The next episode of TTT should be interesting regarding this!
It probably depends on how much the judge writes up each day of the trial. Every witness and statement must be considered and reasons for decisions given. There is a lot of write up to justify a decision even if he knows what it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member